• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Final Round came and went with no news from Capcom, but the FGC cooked up some excitement of their own with a viral video that has gotten exposure well beyond the Street Fighter community. Two of the best Japan has to offer recently cooked up a Ryu mirror match that looks too good to be true, and that's because it isn't. This is Street Fighter artistry.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
no shit it was fake lol

that makes it even more impressive cause they have to remember all the shit they do, do it in order, and time it correctly

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

(though all the whiffed normals, that were clearly there to assist in the timing, were a pretty strong indicators that it was staged)

Phatmanny

Nov 14, 2017
I know I'm insanely biased against sfv, but this really highlights why I don't like the game. Incredibly swingy(thanks to no defensive options, besides terribly risky reversal options) just to make it more palatable to viewers.

I miss sf4 sako :(

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty crazy that people could be fooled by this. High level play is probably just a blur for most people.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was entertained by it when I first saw it, but I was baffled to learn people actually thought this wasn't choreographed. Like... a match wouldn't go down like this.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How would a casual who never watches/plays SFV know?
This is more towards people who actually do follow the game who thought that. But at the same time, I don't need to play a specific fighting game to know when the match I'm seeing is scripted. It goes back to those Guilty Gear clash videos that were posted earlier.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Why would anyone think this wasn't scripted?
I can see why for people who don't usually play fighting games, but yeah for people who do, it's pretty obvious right off the bat and then made even more obvious by the fact that an EX donkey kick wasn't used at a moment where the combo would've killed. Still, the amount of precision and coordination necessary to pull off this kind of stuff is insane, there's a reason Itazan and Sako and freaking beasts at fighting games.

To people saying it's not real: It is real, right? It's just scripted. Come on don't tell me it's just edited.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only seeing this now but the start of that match was way too synchronized

It's still impressive that they pulled it off though

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
Well, the perfectly synchronised attacks would be a bit suspect, no? That would be way too much of a coincidence.

Suspect, sure. It was suspicious, but as someone who has barely played SFV I didn't think it was an obvious fake. Might have been a really cool moment like the infamous Ken/Cammy SFIII battle. I've played my share of fighting games but I don't follow the community or watch matches on the regular. I had no idea that staging cool matches WWE-style was even a thing.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
6M ? thats probably more than any SFV promotional material ever got.

Is this SFV's "Evo Moment 37" video ? lol

Yep

Dec 14, 2017
They should make catch, but with versus fighting, it could be really fun to watch

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
It was a choreographed fight, just like you see in the movies.

It's still supremely entertaining to watch!

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Ha noobs, Desk could have done his all by himself;)

...That's totally gonna be his next video isn't it? (Him recreating the match all by himself)

Suspect, sure. It was suspicious, but as someone who has barely played SFV I didn't think it was an obvious fake. Might have been a really cool moment like the infamous Ken/Cammy SFIII battle. I've played my share of fighting games but I don't follow the community or watch matches on the regular. I had no idea that staging cool matches WWE-style was even a thing.

You mean Ken / Chun right? (Cammy's not in SF3)

And scripted matches aren't really a thing.