• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
They are 6000 miles away from each other. Crazy.

I mean, it's only going to go badly for wifi (or bad routers) ps4 warriors so good riddance. Fast connections on ps4 should not be lagging with this pc fix as far as we've seen.
A poster in SF reddit was having problems while testing it in his own home on pc and ps4

Oct 25, 2017
It doesnt fix shit lol.

unknown.png

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It fixed a lot for me. Won't do the impossible- Brazilians still gonna be laggy, but improves things a lot.

Edit: played for an hour in ranked.

I had one bad match, that was vs an American, my suspicion was it was due to his PC, not the netcode, as it was just really slow.

Some matches had pauses where it was resyncing obviously, but that was so much better than it was before, and matches with these folks before were 100% unplayable. This was playable, not perfect, but def playable (and this was folks 5k miles away)

Vs folks who were in my country it felt seamless except for that one guy.

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Here is what SFV online play looks like for PS4 users playing against PC users with the netcode "fix":

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Here is what SFV online play looks like for PS4 users playing against PC users with the netcode "fix":
So it seems if both players are on PC and using the fix then it legitimately improves things drastically.

But if either player does not then SFV.

EDIT: and oh that clip is what I've had happen to ME when I play vs most PS4 people. Suffer like we did.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC

Then capcom should hopefully fix it soon. Like they should have done 4 fucking years ago. You can't put that genie back in the bottle now that its known that its 100% fixable for someone who had zero access to the source code.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ive been having a completely different problem. I get logged out kicked from their servers randomly every 4 or so games usually before the matches start. I end up getting banned for the day only happens with SFV too every other MP game is good. Hopefully the MVCi stuff is carried over to SF6 the online I played of that game was good.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Can confirm it fucks over crossplay completely lol

Wifi, slow disk reads, extreme distance, bad routers (check out puma chipset disaster), ports issues, bad peering (frequent lag cause) will always result in bad situations.
Those two players are 3000 miles away from each other. So not too surprising.

There has been multiple results of good Patched PC to Ps4 interactions reported too.

I think if you are going to play with console you need to look for 4/5 bars only. (If you know your hardware and connection are stable)

There's been several streams, and I've tested it myself, and there definitely was some good connections with crossplay. So it's not instant doom.
But granted I personally have very fast fiber so it may be terrible with a slow connection.

If you have any doubt you should definitely filter console people out.

And nobody will rematch you if you lag them to death, they won't react to jump ins, overheads, grabs etc... so it's easy to tell who can play the game or not since we've all been affected by the terrible rollbacks.

Still, "it runs like a dream" with patched PC to PC , with a couple lines of code changed ..... Capcom has literally no excuse so hopefully this should force them to patch Pc and Ps4 officially.

Ive been having a completely different problem. I get logged out kicked from their servers randomly every 4 or so games usually before the matches start. I end up getting banned for the day only happens with SFV too every other MP game is good. Hopefully the MVCi stuff is carried over to SF6 the online I played of that game was good.

Might be a port issue ? I remember having random disconnects from DBFZ and SFV until I fixed those.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect this was the fix they used for MVCI, as MVCI didn't have crossplay (they took it out, that + Denuvo is why the game bombed even harder on PC than console)

Hopefully Capcom fixes this shit for SF6.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Modder - "I fixed SFV Netcode guys!"

Whats it do?

Modder - "It kills PS4 crossplay"

Did you test this?'

Modder - "LOL what!?"

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Wow uh. This is kind of crazy. Not going to be in town for a few days so hopefully by the time I get home it will be more self-evident whether this mod works or not (and whether people can be banned for it or not)

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I suspect this was the fix they used for MVCI, as MVCI didn't have crossplay (they took it out, that + Denuvo is why the game bombed even harder on PC than console)

Cross play has nothing to do with the netcode. Capcom never bothered fixing it. Power Ranger has cross play and a rollback netcode.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Yup, cross play is fucked. So, knowing this going forward, ps4 SFV is pretty much a bricked experience unless you try and play only ps4 people. BUT, anyone who plays seriously will jump to PC (like I'm doing) and kill the ps4 player base.

Capcom NEEDS to address this. Like, something needs to be done or said. This is such an embarrassing shit show.

Oct 25, 2017
This pretty much takes one-sided rollback and makes it so it's now burdening the crappy connection/setup as opposed to vice versa before. As it should be. If you play on a shit connection you should deal with the consequences, not me.

People saying this ruins crossplay aren't realizing the game was always like this, just PC players dealt with the lag before, now its reversed.

MvCI not having crossplay was likely due to also releasing on Xbox and Sony still being Sony back then.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Watching UltraDavid test the patch.

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Pretty crazy how good it is. Will Capcom step up and implement this fix on PC and PS4 or will they just ignore it. :|

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, cross play is fucked. So, knowing this going forward, ps4 SFV is pretty much a bricked experience unless you try and play only ps4 people. BUT, anyone who plays seriously will jump to PC (like I'm doing) and kill the ps4 player base.

Capcom NEEDS to address this. Like, something needs to be done or said. This is such an embarrassing shit show.

It's not that crossplay is fucked, it's that any connection that was not good is going to be a nightmare for the ps4 user.

Good connections should not be impacted outside of unfortunate specific elements. That means high speed and close to you (so 4 to 5 bars, no wifi).

I personally have optic fiber so I don't know how well this advice works for those who don't.
On my end, I did not cause rollback on my opponents (so far) and they didn't cause it on me with the patch.

I really hope capcom takes the time to change a couple of lines to fix the console and vanilla pc version so that EVERYONE can experience proper rollback. (which won't fix bad connections, obviously)

Its not a fix, it breaks crossplay completely

This is not exactly what's going on.

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned - Lazy Dev Rhetoric
Cross play has nothing to do with the netcode. Capcom never bothered fixing it. Power Ranger has cross play and a rollback netcode.

It shouldn't have anything to do it, and it doesn't have to. KI's crossplay netcode is fine. Capcom is cheap/lazy, so I suspect they did this as a quick fix.

I am curious what Capcom's response will be. Fixing it is the least likely solution, I think banhammer attempts will be more likely (if they do that I know not to buy SF6 or any Capcom game ever again)

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
if this makes capcom straight up fix the online entirely, I'm buying champion edition the second I read that headline.I played SF4 for years on that wonky online, while SF5 i was in for a month before I tapped out.

SEATLiens

Aug 28, 2019
Seattle
The thing is Capcom already fixed their netcode but the improvements they made with MVCI were never applied to SFV.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
It shouldn't have anything to do it, and it doesn't have to. KI's crossplay netcode is fine. Capcom is cheap/lazy, so I suspect they did this as a quick fix.

I am curious what Capcom's response will be. Fixing it is the least likely solution, I think banhammer attempts will be more likely (if they do that I know not to buy SF6 or any Capcom game ever again)

If you are knowingly fucking over people in online play via modding then you should be banned tbh.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If it really is as simple as this then everyone should be dragging Capcom over the coals for not fixing it sooner.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Modder also appears to be working on a way to ensure PS4 and unmodded clients aren't plagued with more one-sided rollback than normal as a result of the mod.

Altimor said:
Thanks for the info. I'm working on a fix that'll allow it to correct for both players when playing with an unmodded client.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Why are some people angry at the mod when they should be blaming Capcom for this situation ?

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Because they are on ps4 and are afraid that all pc users will use this mod, thus making the game worse for them.
I agree with you, the blame is misplaced.