• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I suppose this thread shoud be fair game as it is dedicated to a different type of discussion from the actual Season V confirmation news, but if it's not, feel free to lock the thread mods.

Anyway, now that we know we'll be getting V more characters during Season V of Street Fighter V, for a total of XLV characters, what would be your V picks for this final (?) season of the game.

In my case I guess it'd go something like this:
  • I: Eagle
  • II: Yang
  • III: Makoto
  • IV: Fei Long
  • V: C. Viper

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
1. Juni
2. Twelve
3. Edi E
4. Cody's assistant
5. Violent Ken

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Pls gimmi

1. Viper
  2. Dudley
  3. Decapre
  4. Garuda
  5. Février

Last edited:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dee Jay
Rose
Adult Kyosuke (From Rival Schools)
Dan
New Character (Black Woman who's not a stereotypical tribesperson)

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The problem here is this might just turn into a list thread with very little actual discussion.

I realise now that I don't think I actually care about who the 5 are. I'm just looking forward to seeing them.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised that more seasons are planned! I thought Champion Edition was going to be the complete SFV package.
Also, good.

I want Haggar. More Final Fight characters and levels.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Sean
  2. Necro
  3. Abel
  4. Dudley
  5. Makoto
I'd be fine with some of these not making it in if it meant they were saved for SF6.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
1. Mike Haggar
Almost everyone from FF1 is now playable in SF in some form. How come the beast that is Haggar isn't in yet???
2. Rose
I love Rose and her style.
3. Oro
More weird characters are welcome and Oro is one of them. Necro and Twelve would have been cool too as they are unique as hell but they might as well come in SF6 if it is after SF3.
4. Belger

5. Maki
I always felt she had tons of potential and was used very little. Could be cool.

Edited to explain why I choose them.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming this has no effect on whether they'll appear in SFVI, I'd want:
  • Oro
  • Abel
  • Edi-E
  • Makoto
  • Natsu

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Q
Sodom
Makoto
Skullomania (EX Layer crossover!)
Akira Kazama (Rival Schools crossover!)

I actually think our chances of getting Q and Makoto are pretty good, considering they were both top 5 popularity contest winners in 2017.

OP
OP
HardRojo

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The problem here is this might just turn into a list thread with very little actual discussion.

I realise now that I don't think I actually care about who the 5 are. I'm just looking forward to seeing them.
Yeah I thought about asking people for their reasons, but it could've ended up being a bloated thread too. Anyway, anyone should feel free to discuss if they want to.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
1. Haggar - At this point, it's possible to differentiate him from Zangief with little issue. If the Marvel 3 team can do it, so can the SF team.
2. Akira - Pull the trigger
3. Oro - Tengu Stone. Nuff said.
4. Sodom - I just want him
5. Viper - Same reasoning as Sodom

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd definitely want Makoto, Rose, Sean, & Crimson Viper saved for SFVI. Otherwise, go nuts. If newcomers are on the table, a new black woman would be nice. Hell, add in Haggar since this is the final season anyway.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a focus on SF1 characters that haven't been revisited yet. Retsu, Lee and a fleshed out Mike would be dope (since he's been confirmed to not be Balrog). Remember all the rumours that Retsu was gonna be in USF4 because of this image?:

0xvMwfz.jpg

Fighting EX Layer crossovers would be dope too, and they're the only guest characters that I would like in SF tbh.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Rather than just list characters I'll just list broader ideas that'd make me happy

5 from any of these will be cool

1. A Street Fighter 1 character having a re-entrance into the series after a long absence (Lee, Retsu, Geki, Eagle, hell, even Joe would be a funny meme pick)

2. A Street Fighter 4 original, Hakan is my favorite, but I'd be down for the likes of Fuerte, Abel, Viper, and Decapre making a return.

3. Basically anyone from SF3 (i love them all) (except Remy)

4. A Rival Schools character. My heart goes out to Akira, but I'll be fine with anyone, really.

5. A complete curveball addition, something that'll make me go "whaaaaaaaaaat" Especially if it's something that goes nuts like Zeku did with Strider

6. An Arika guest. Sure, Fighting EX Layer is its own thing now but the characters do have their history with SF nonetheless. Skullomania is the Skullodream

7. Someone completely new, never before seen. I love the newcomers in SFV, so keep more coming.

Oct 28, 2017
I would love a focus on SF1 characters that haven't been revisited yet. Retsu, Lee and a fleshed out Mike would be dope (since he's been confirmed to not be Balrog). Remember all the rumours that Retsu was gonna be in USF4 because of this image?:

0xvMwfz.jpg

Fighting EX Layer crossovers would be dope too, and they're the only guest characters that I would like in SF tbh.
Retsu was definitely the odd one out in that art piece given that everyone in that image was in SFIV. SFV sounds like it'd be his chance to return.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want an off the ball random what the actual hell pick like Hibiki Takane

I would be stoked

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd want one new character and 4 old ones.
My list would be this:
Rose
Oro
Sodom
Yun/Yang Gimmick is they are both available in the game and share the same V skills but not the same V triggers under 1 character slot.
New character

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
1. C. Viper
2. Rose
3. Doll(s) - Still hung up over Combofiend's Dolls statement, would be awesome to see the whole gang used as a single fighter somehow.
4 & 5: New/Guest Character - Maybe get the other Neo Shadaloo one's in.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I'll play along:
1) Maki (Lucia is great, I want Maki too though)
2) Rose (to close out the whole Menat and Dictator thing)
3) Kyoko (we need another Justice Gakuen rep, Sakura barely counts but she's the only one who has been in both)
4) Santamu or Noembelu (I don't care which, maybe both? just make them playable, dammit!)
5) I'm not sure how much I care.

1. Juni
2. Twelve
3. Edi E
4. Cody's assistant
5. Violent Ken
"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
from Street Fighter: Eagle would be the easiest, since he was already implemented in CvS2 and SFA3, but I really wanted to see Retsu come back, since apparently they wanted to put him in Capcom Fighting Evolution; Geki would be cool too, but ultimately too similar to Vega

from Street Fighter II: Fei-Long for sure! But I wouldn't be opposite to Dee Jay and T. Hawk to complete the roster, of course

from Street Fighter Alpha: Dan! seriously, just put him in SFV! After that, maybe Sodom, Maki or Ingrid...

from Street Fighter III: Eh... maybe Makoto? not super attached to that roster myself, and the few I liked already are in SFV

from Street Fighter IV: C. Viper and Abel! Both were present in the SFV story mode in some capacity, it feels weird they're not playable yet

Final Fight: Haggar finally being playable in a SF game would be cool, I suppose

OTHER: I want a SFEX/Fightin EX Layer guest character! after all, Capcom still mention them in the SF blog, so wouldn't be weird at all, having Skullomania or Kairi showing up! .. besides that, a Rival Schools character is about as much hype to me!

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like them to be
  • New character 1 - 5
Since I don't think Capcom will actually make 5 brand new characters for SFVs swan song though (probably saving that for SFVI) I'd go with:

• Carlos (Final Fight)
  • Dean (Final Fight)
  • Maki (Final Fight)
  • Akira (Rival Schools)
  • Natsu (Rival Schools)

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want left field picks for this final season. Guest characters or SF extended universe guys (Rival Schools, FF)

1. Shoma
2. Akira
3. Daigo
4. Sodom
5. Maki/Eagle

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I was going to do a "one from each previous entry + newcomer" list, but honestly, most of the ones I want are from III:

Makoto
Elena
Dudley
Oro
C. Viper

Three of these + a guest from another Capcom series (Asura, Batsu), + a newcomer.