• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yo jett wanna try some games later tonight or maybe during the weekend? Haven't played in months but I want to try this new patch.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh thanks. Seems to have good reviews and only 119+tax. Seems like a solid deal.

I absolutely would not recommend anyone buy a TES+ after my experience with mine falling and it being widely reported by others as well. It's the only stick I go out of my way to tell people to avoid.

MachGao

Oct 28, 2017
So the current situation is that it's fine for some and not for others like the beginning of better netcode, or is it flat out better than before? I'm a little confused because some people who were absolutely heated last night have either deleted those tweets or calmed down and changed opinions a bit.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sure bro but we always had good games before so I'm not sure it will be much of a difference hah.
Great! I'll let you know if I'm available tonight for some games.
Let your kids use the ps4 sometimes FFS.
I left them the base PS4 I got left, granted, I didn't leave a controller with it, but hey, I'm teaching them a life lesson by telling them they are in control of themselves, they don't need a controller. Parenting 101 right there.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
So the current situation is that it's fine for some and not for others like the beginning of better netcode, or is it flat out better than before? I'm a little confused because some people who were absolutely heated last night have either deleted those tweets or calmed down and changed opinions a bit.
From my understanding the patch lessened the effect of one sided rollback but didnt fix the core issue of one side rollback still being a thing

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Those people were heated because they incorrectly assumed that all Capcom did was block the fan mods. Most hadn't even played it.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Champion Edition Upgrade Kit (€25) only available before "official" release? In my wishlist it was replaced with vanilla SF5, the Upgrade Kit has the "Not available" sign on it. It seems I can only purchase the whole Champion Edition Package (for €30). Not sure why they would remove the cheaper Upgrade option for previous owners?
Also not sure for which customer group the Season Pass 4 is intended.

Edit: When I click on "more information" button on the Champion Upgrade it tells me I can't buy the upgrade because I own the first 3 season passes. This has to be a bug on PSN.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Was the Champion Edition Upgrade Kit (€25) only available before "official" release? In my wishlist it was replaced with vanilla SF5, the Upgrade Kit has the "Not available" sign on it. It seems I can only purchase the whole Champion Edition Package (for €30). Not sure why they would remove the cheaper Upgrade option for previous owners?
Also not sure for which customer group the Season Pass 4 is intended.
Seems like a PSN Store only thing. It's still available on Steam.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
We now have a comparison video.

This confirms that the game is constantly re-syncing now, apparently every frame, like the Altimor patch. So we should have no more sets getting progressively worse and out of sync. Also, there's no apparent major one-sided rollback issues. The clocks stay synced the entire time even when 100ms of lag is introduced.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointing to see people like Max and Sajam immediately jump on the "Whelp Capcom did nothing, fuck them forever" train last night. Thought they were above that. It's very clear that Capcom's lack of transparency on what the patch does is a major problem but the immediate toxicity doesn't help.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the hot takes shitting on Capcom for the patch really stands in stark contrast to all the hot take praising Altimor received when he released his netcode mod even though both patches implement almost identical solutions.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Sajam is supposed to be talking about the patch today, so y'all can head to his stream in an hour if you wanna. He's usually very good about talking with his chat.

All I can contribute to this netcode nonsense is that for the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to get a decent game while playing PC players, and now I can. I haven't noticed anything different re: stuttering/lag when playing people with Canada/Mexico flags (I'm in WA and have typically always had good matches with those flags).

Sep 7, 2018
This is my first time playing SFV and I like Lycia. I think she'll be my replacement over Vioer. I just wish I had tournaments nearby to play in.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Champion Edition upgrade kit no longer available for purchase? I only see the full game on the PS Store which I already have.

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Champion Edition upgrade kit no longer available for purchase? I only see the full game on the PS Store which I already have.

Street Fighter™ V: Champion Edition Upgrade Kit

Rule the ring with Street Fighter™ V Champion Edition, the most robust version of the acclaimed fighting game Choose from 40 diverse fighters, 34 dynamic stages and over 200 stylish costumes as you fight your way through a variety of exciting single-player and multi-player modes. The Street...

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017

Street Fighter™ V: Champion Edition Upgrade Kit

Rule the ring with Street Fighter™ V Champion Edition, the most robust version of the acclaimed fighting game Choose from 40 diverse fighters, 34 dynamic stages and over 200 stylish costumes as you fight your way through a variety of exciting single-player and multi-player modes. The Street...
Thanks, but I should have specified I need it on the UK store. The link I have says it's unavailable for some weird reason

Street Fighter V - Champion Edition Upgrade Kit

Previous special offer price valid from 01-02-2023 to 15-02-2023 was £6.59 €8.24 AU 12.52 BGN 16.13 CZK 217.47 DKK 60.72 HUF 2884 NZ 13.18 NOK 82.17 PLN 37.62 SEK 88.77 USD 9.4 ZAR 148.17 HRK 62.69 INR 686 TRY 82.17 ILS 32.67brbr Since its release in 2016, Street Fighter V has...

Edit: WTF

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, but I should have specified I need it on the UK store. The link I have says it's unavailable for some weird reason

Previous special offer price valid from 01-02-2023 to 15-02-2023 was £6.59 €8.24 AU 12.52 BGN 16.13 CZK 217.47 DKK 60.72 HUF 2884 NZ 13.18 NOK 82.17 PLN 37.62 SEK 88.77 USD 9.4 ZAR 148.17 HRK 62.69 INR 686 TRY 82.17 ILS 32.67brbr Since its release in 2016, Street Fighter V has...

Hmm there seems to be some kinda bug in the UK or euro PSN store with that. Somebody else in the thread had the same issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Played 20 games last night and had two bad ones. Pretty sure the bad ones were because my brother came home and his phone drilled our router when it connected to wifi and the other guy was also a lag switcher/goblin. Between my own experience and the technical explaniation, seems that they finally fixed it. If you don't think it's better you're high.

And all it took was someone just saying fuck you capcom i'll do it myself. People should expose shitty stuff like this more often.

Link me to a Seth Discord.

Also if you play set play bison in casuals go fuck yourself

Oct 25, 2017

I think the inconsistent naming for the seasons is peak Capcpom lol.

Gets me as good as FighterZ DLC randomly going from ALL CAPS to title case halfway through season 2.

Sussudio

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I was actually able to get in a bunch of games today on PS4, purposely taking a couple matches with 3 or 4 bars just to test it out. For the most part, it ran fine with a couple hiccup games here and there including one it felt like the guy was purposely giving me the lag mixup. I think the biggest difference for me in those laggy games now compared to before the patch is ability to react to a lot more stuff. Pre-patch, it could get so bad in some matches that I would just put the controller down until the match was over because I literally couldn't do shit to combat anything. I believe some more tweaks wouldn't hurt, but again, if people have shit internet and using wifi, tweaks ain't doing jack shit. I'm gonna try to play some more either later tonight or tomorrow. In my opinion as of right now, it's an upgrade and hopefully good signs for the future if they continue to look at it.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't sure in which thread to post it (the netcode one or this one)so i'll post it here considering the last couple of posts in Jawmuncher's thread got a more positive vibe to them and I don't wanna ruin it, but Max uploaded a video about the netcode patch. Mostly the communication side of it. If you tuned in on Twitch last night, following the patch release, to watch him then it won't be anything new it's the edited version of the discussion he had on-stream before he booted the game.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't sure in which thread to post it (the netcode one or this one)so i'll post it here considering the last couple of posts in Jawmuncher's thread got a more positive vibe to them and I don't wanna ruin it, but Max uploaded a video about the netcode patch. Mostly the communication side of it. If you tuned in on Twitch last night, following the patch release, to watch him then it won't be anything new it's the edited version of the discussion he had on-stream before he booted the game.

Really don't understand why he would upload this old ass misinformation and stir the pot again...

Oh yeah, I do.

The clicks.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Really don't understand why he would upload this old ass misinformation and stir the pot again...

Oh yeah, I do.

The clicks.

Man some of you guys are so transparent.

Just be honest. Some of you guys have a clear gripe with him.

This is the thread who called the all the biggest FGC voices: "Hacks"

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely have a gripe with this video and I just stated what it was.

I generally find Max to be inoffensive and even enjoyable when he's playing and discussing games he likes to play.

It for sure probably wasn't the best to post it due to that.

And all of them did jump the gun. Now obviously I don't want to further this topic in this thread since it's better for just talking about the game.

But it's really clear that some people have long wanted justification to start insulating a ton of shit about these people. Like suddenly they're all in it just for the money or have long wanted to bring down SFV! To kick Capcom to the curb!

Though everyone, those who jumped the gun and those who yelled back, have been acting like children in this situation. Including myself.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Slightly OT but when's the last time Max has uploaded something that isn't just edited from his streams?
Oh I know, I was just saying this, because I tuned in last night and saw that exact conversation live. If someone else, like me, tuned in when he began streaming they won't need to watch the video. It was just a friendly mention.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019

Oh yeah, I do.

The clicks.

In my defense, the video is not about or addressing the quality of the patch or adjustments to the netcode at all. As the title explains, it's specifically about a problem Capcom's FG division has had for a lot longer than the existence of SF5.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
In my defense, the video is not about or addressing the quality of the patch or adjustments to the netcode at all. As the title explains, it's specifically about a problem Capcom's FG division has had for a lot longer than the existence of SF5.

I agree with your criticisms of Capcom's communication style (or the lack thereof). Still, lots of people will be watching that video and thinking the information shared is the latest news. It will cause another round of confusion.

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
Congrats on the baby news dude.
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
It's true. all capcom had to do was be like "we adjusted the game so it resyncs based on delay" instead of generic "netcode adjustments"

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah it's too bad. The whole VT/VS thing in the in-game UI is just unattractive.
I don't mind it overall, but the one big gripe I have with the V-Skill icon is that it's too hard to see at a glance if someone has stored or activated their V-Skill. They really should make it more obvious, like changing between an empty/black icon and a filled/gold icon for when it's activated.

I think the communication by Capcom's fighting game division has been abysmal, but I would have waited with this video until things calmed down a bit. Maybe make an original video (which I realize is easier said than done) in a week time to look back on last night's events and Capcom's role in all of it. Even a day later people are still assuming this fix was yet another complete fuck-up, and this video won't make it better.