• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Do you have any idea how I would solve this? It literally only affects SFV, I play MK11 every single day flawlessly.
Well, if it was packet loss then it'd have an effect on every fighting game you play, even those with great rollback. Not much the game can do if a large chunk of the data it wants to send never gets received.

But in the event that it still is, first thing is naturally to remove any element of wireless if at all possible. Your PC/PS4 should be connected directly to your router via Ethernet. If that still doesn't fix things then the problem goes beyond that in which case somebody else can hopefully help you figure it out.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I've only played two matches granted, but they were both with people in Spain and France (4 and 3 bar, respectively) and they were both perfectly playable and consistent.

EDIT: Now a third against the UK and it was also perfectly playable. DId.... DID CAPCPOM ACTUALLY FIX THINGS!?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going back to Tekken 7. My experience online with that game is so much better. I can't deal with characters teleporting all over my screen. SFV is the least fun I've had online with any major fighting game on PC. It's the only one with this much teleportation and jitteriness. It sucks since I really love using this version of Seth. Such an awesome character.

Is there a fighting game scene around Raleigh, North Carolina? I just got moved here this week. Maybe I can find some local matches.

Edit: I might try this again tomorrow. Maybe I played against a bunch of wifi players in a row.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is there a fighting game scene around Raleigh, North Carolina? I just got moved here this week. Maybe I can find some local matches.
Check the "Regional Servers" tab in the spreadsheet.

docs.google.com

FGC Discord Compendium

1. Game Series,Game,Server Name,Invite Link,Server Description Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,<a href="https://discord.gg/24gXVdn">https://discord.gg/24gXVdn</a>,General ABK server. Akatsuki Blitzkampf,ABK Kooky Edition,<a href="https://discord.gg/EU9n7B9">https://di...

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going back to Tekken 7. My experience online with that game is so much better. I can't deal with characters teleporting all over my screen. SFV is the least fun I've had online with any major fighting game on PC. It's the only one with this much teleportation and jitteriness. It sucks since I really love using this version of Seth. Such an awesome character.

Edit: I might try this again tomorrow. Maybe I played against a bunch of wifi players in a row.
I feel like even bad SFV online is still better then tekken with the delay, long ass loading screens, disconnects and general fuckery

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Check the "Regional Servers" tab in the spreadsheet.

docs.google.com

FGC Discord Compendium

1. Game Series,Game,Server Name,Invite Link,Server Description Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,Akatsuki Blitzkampf,<a href="https://discord.gg/24gXVdn">https://discord.gg/24gXVdn</a>,General ABK server. Akatsuki Blitzkampf,ABK Kooky Edition,<a href="https://discord.gg/EU9n7B9">https://di...

Thanks.

Just hopped back on to play a few more matches and now they were almost perfect. I must have just had some peeps with some weird connections.

I feel like even bad SFV online is still better then tekken with the delay, long ass loading screens, disconnects and general fuckery

Not for me. Not at all. I've played both almost the same amount of hours on PC and Tekken 7 has given way less headaches with its netcode. WAY LESS. Loading screens on PC are not bad at all for me.

Anyway. If I keep having the smooth matches on SFV then I'll defintely keep playing. I just played 5 opponents in multiple sets and they were all smooth. I'll play again tomorrow. But yeah, I'm liking what I've experienced so far. I literally experienced one hiccup of jittery gameplay the whole time which was barely noticeable.

Last edited:

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Toolassisted guy reviewed the latest patch. Capcom changed the netcode to resync more often once ping goes over 90ms. IIRC, this is what Altimor's mod did, so Capcom is basically making that fix official.

Oct 25, 2017
Toolassisted guy reviewed the latest patch. Capcom changed the netcode the resync more often once ping goes over 90ms. IIRC, this is what Altimor's mod did, so Capcom is basically making that fix official.

I mean... it's amazingly frustrating it took this long but isn't this what we wanted on ps4 and pc, pretty much?

Oct 25, 2017
Not for me. Not at all. I've played both almost the same amount of hours on PC and Tekken 7 has given way less headaches with its netcode. WAY LESS. Loading screens on PC are not bad at all for me.

Anyway. If I keep having the smooth matches on SFV then I'll defintely keep playing. I just played 5 opponents in multiple sets and they were all smooth. I'll play again tomorrow. But yeah, I'm liking what I've experienced so far. I literally experienced one hiccup of jittery gameplay the whole time which was barely noticeable.
Playing tekken online literally makes me pop a vein even worse than smash does when i fucking crack shoot the wrong way because of delay

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Went to buy the Champion Edition upgrade and its unavailable for me because I had bought some of the previous season packs. Now my only options are purchasing seasons 3 & 4 separately which are missing most of the costume packs or purchase the game yet again. I dont know if this is down to Capcom or Sony but this is really ridiculous and a complete slap in the face to anyone who supported the game. The odd thing is that I swear I had the option of buying it a few weeks ago when the costume packs were still available to buy separately, however since the final release those costume packs have disappeared and so has the option of upgrading.

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Went to buy the Champion Edition upgrade and its unavailable for me because I had bought some of the previous season packs. Now my only options are purchasing seasons 3 & 4 separately which are missing most of the costume packs or purchase the game yet again. I dont know if this is down to Capcom or Sony but this is really ridiculous and a complete slap in the face to anyone who supported the game. The odd thing is that I swear I had the option of buying it a few weeks ago when the costume packs were still available to buy separately, however since the final release those costume packs have disappeared and so has the option of upgrading.
I bought all the seasons and it let me upgrade. They going through the store from the game and there should be there under special I think

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if they're planning to implement small changes over time to refine the netcode that's fine even if this first one isn't perfect. Really probably the more frustrating thing isn't what the patch does or doesn't do it's the fact we don't know what has changed and what they plan to do after this. Even if it takes a year at least showing a continued effort would be nice.

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
Toolassisted guy reviewed the latest patch. Capcom changed the netcode to resync more often once ping goes over 90ms. IIRC, this is what Altimor's mod did, so Capcom is basically making that fix official.

There's still one-sided rollback that happens, so if they took anything, it was only part of it.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i'm not gonna put much stock into results that include the US vs the other side of the world, as nice as it is to be able to do that

coast to coast in the US is more important to me, just as results from the same continent should be more important for people not in the US

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Quguoka.jpg

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I know this probably gets asked a lot so bear with me but I've just started playing CE after a fairly long hiatus and I've been playing with a Hori pad on PS4.

I'd like to upgrade possibly to a fight stick but don't want to also spend a ton whats a good middle ground stick to get?

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
So I know this probably gets asked a lot so bear with me but I've just started playing CE after a fairly long hiatus and I've been playing with a Hori pad on PS4.

I'd like to upgrade possibly to a fight stick but don't want to also spend a ton whats a good middle ground stick to get?

Well what do you consider spending a ton? Most people prob suggest getting Hori RAP4 or something equivalent in the same price range around $100-$150.

nded

Nov 14, 2017

The Mad Catz TES+ is relatively cheap on Amazon. Sticks also usually go on sale around EVO time.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
There's still one-sided rollback that happens, so if they took anything, it was only part of it.

Capcom probably decided to keep a smaller margin of the one-sided rollback to prevent the crazy slowdown you'd get in worst cases with the mod patches.

One-sided rollback that works like this between USA and Brazil is a far cry from what we had before and preferable to crazy delay:

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017
Most of my matches tonight were pretty good except one. I did have one time the game kind goes slow for a moment and get better. It was better when I played this afternoon so we'll see what happens. It does make me want to play more tho. Haven't played that much for a long time except test out new characters in training mode. I know the online been ass for a long time but if it's the beginning to fix it I say better it's late then never.

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
dat feel when stuck at work and can't test the new update until this evening ;_;. still gonna use the range filter on my router based on what i have read, tho the matches in the region i allow should probably be smoother, which is all i need

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
i'm not gonna put much stock into results that include the US vs the other side of the world, as nice as it is to be able to do that

coast to coast in the US is more important to me, just as results from the same continent should be more important for people not in the US

Just played against you, I was the Abigail (CookJoe)

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Second match in a row where starting Seth's CA froze the match for a few seconds. Against two separate people.

Never had this issue before.

EDIT: Yep, random desyncs and slowdowns now too. Even against people who I've always had great connections with. God, fuck this company they can't do anything right.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

There is one, Tierless Heroes on Facebook. They run monthlies.
There's also New Challengers in Charlotte , which is IMO much better run.
If you're into 3S, Lost Ark in Greensboro is the national shrine to that game (also the best game shop in the state, possibly country)

This doesn't sound like enough of an improvement to justify things. I guess I'm going to be done with FG's once SC6 runs its course, unless some good game with acceptable netcode happens to pop up. (Not saying Namco netcode is acceptable, but SC6 is the one game I enjoy enough to put up with it)

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2017
I bought all the seasons and it let me upgrade. They going through the store from the game and there should be there under special I think

Naah ive been trying to upgrade since this dropped and its unavailable for me too, did you pre-order the upgrade?

This restriction against anyone not running the base game seemed to only kick in after champion editions release

OP
OP
jett

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I stand corrected then. However for the people in the middle east and Pakistani fgc this patch hasn't done anything except ruin the quality of like for people using the Altimor fix on PC

The change only makes you filter out really bad connections. If you lobby with people you lagged with before, you would still lag with them now. There are numbers changed but the consequence is the same so it feels weird to say that it's an improvement
It has nothing to do that.

The game is now readjusting the sync mid match depending on the ping.

Max really shouldn't rush to say stuff ahead of time.
Even Sajam, Ultradavid and James Chen were all rushing to twitter to take dunks on Capcom, saying how all this patch did was block the hacks. It's pathetic.