• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is why you don't do open polls, can't wait for Baiken to be announced for strive mostly because of dick votes and then no one playing her again, like in Xrd.

At least the delinquent outfit is cool but man i wanted speedo vega.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Juri won both spots Haha YES!

They gotta follow through that would suck for the artists who actually drew them and won publicly.

Man look how far back everything else is.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Voting has ended and these look to be the final results:

1. Juri: Entry #9 - 20.4k (Poison/Bison)
2. Juri: Entry #3 - 18.8k (Delinquent)
3. Sakura: Entry #6 - 18k
4. Alex: Entry #1 - 10.9k
5. Vega: Entry #11 - 9.1k
6. Laura: Entry #12 - 8.1k
7. Zangief: Entry #10 - 7.7k
8. E. Honda: Entry #4- 7.4k
9. Menat: Entry #8 - 6.3k
10. R. Mika: Entry #5 - 6.2k
11. Balrog: Entry #7 - 5.8k
12. Guile: Entry #2 - 3.9k

From Eventhubs.

Wonder if Capcom will wiggle their way out of making two costumes for one character. Of course the best but also by far the most unlikeliest outcome is that they'll pull a fast one and all these costumes will make it into the game.

I can't complain because I didn't participate, but I'd be so salty if I was that Sakura costume designer.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The Queen stays Queen
jRVyeMuHfG7pDtK0XZEb82hCeo1lRRz7WH5kug0Lf2f80JZqP6Sx-IfLTnw8gwaFpp6KYfplNNUay49RrRS007rjnSdEpaeo5JYd1JbsIxGPYewV4cidLmVwynJiVHcqM0KPPI3ms8F5fZ6ohoIu-eI4imTa

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

From Eventhubs.

Wonder if Capcom will wiggle their way out of making two costumes for one character. Of course the best but also by far the most unlikeliest outcome is that they'll pull a fast one and all these costumes will make it into the game.

Why is it both Juri? Fucking boring. The Sakura one was the best.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember that EventHubs post about "these costumes didn't make the cut for the contest. Just imagine how good the ones Capcom picked are!! :O" making me laugh, cuz I had a strong hunch the actual picks would be mostly underwhelming by comparison.

Yes please, and a redesign from that awful Xrd look.

Maximilian just coughed up a bit of blood and doesn't know why.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They are probably going to do the first three costumes instead of just the first two, lol. Would be a little weird to only add two new juri costumes.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bah, Im beating myself up for not getting my entry done on time, deadline coincided with my move to Spain. I had a Sakura design I liked too.

Oh well, sour grapes etc

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I even like Juri but this seems dumb. Sakura was robbed.

They are probably going to do the first three costumes instead of just the first two, lol. Would be a little weird to only add two new juri costumes.

Yeah, only Chun-Li gets multiple costumes per update!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
If 2 of the 3 were my top picks then I still came out a winner. The hornies can have their shitty costume in that case.

While I agree the method of polling wasn't great, I think the results wouldn't have been that different no matter where the poll was.
I agree and I think the only thing that would have changed would have maaaybe been Sakura in second place. Juri Bison was always gonna take 1st because SF fans are thirsty.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
They turned her into a titty monster :(. When you go past Mai sized breasts you've gone too far, especially for that character in particular.

Though I'd still play her if Xrd had rollback.

That's the only way designs ever seem to get changed these days. Just keep making the boobs bigger until they reach comical proportions.

Oct 25, 2017
That's the only way designs ever seem to get changed these days. Just keep making the boobs bigger until they reach comical proportions.
Can't wait for Juri to be slimmed down to her old frame (or even flatter would be fine, Juri is supposed to be lithe, not THICC) and neckbeards to complain about "censorship" despite singing praise when the opposite happened.

Soulstar

Oct 25, 2017
They turned her into a titty monster :(. When you go past Mai sized breasts you've gone too far, especially for that character in particular.

Though I'd still play her if Xrd had rollback.
It's so wierd. I remember seeing a picture of someone extracting the 3d models and doing a size comparison of all of the females breasts. Baiken's were the largest or second largest and the top two in size were noticeably bigger than the rest. I really don't understand why they did that considering she never had huge breasts like that.
I really hope they shrink them down in Strive.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
It's so wierd. I remember seeing a picture of someone extracting the 3d models and doing a size comparison of all of the females breasts. Baiken's were the largest or second largest and the top two in size were noticeably bigger than the rest. I really don't understand why they did that considering she never had huge breasts like that.
I really hope they shrink them down in Strive.

Baiken always had big breasts aside from og GG when she was still just female Kenshin. She got bigger in Xrd because like every character got bigger. Sol went from muscular to mega buff. I hope they stick to her Xrd design but she will probably get changed

we will see in 2022 when she is the first season 2 character

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Baiken always had big breasts aside from og GG when she was still just female Kenshin. She got bigger in Xrd because like every character got bigger. Sol went from muscular to mega buff. I hope they stick to her Xrd design but she will probably get changed

we will see in 2022 when she is the first season 2 character
Actually, if Ramlethal is any indication, ASW are seemingly dialing back the sexualization a decent bit for Strive. Maybe that'll extend to Baiken.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if Ramlethal is any indication, ASW are seemingly dialing back the sexualization a decent bit for Strive. Maybe that'll extend to Baiken.

Well yeah i expect all female characters to get toned down. If Baiken doesn't have a smaller chest and no visible cleavage I would be surprised at this point. Its obvious that Arc Sys isn't really concerned with what people enjoyed about GG before whether its gameplay or designs

Feb 24, 2018
Was the delinquent Juri the one that was just her but in Poison Cosplay?

Also do the people who didn't win keep the rights to their art?

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Well yeah i expect all female characters to get toned down. If Baiken doesn't have a smaller chest and no visible cleavage I would be surprised at this point. Its obvious that Arc Sys isn't really concerned with what people enjoyed about GG before whether its gameplay or designs
She would still be a badass one-armed samurai, so I'd be down for her returning with a less sexualized design. But I could see.......certain fans getting hella salty.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

From Eventhubs.

Capcom would never do it but I had the same thought, have all 12 be available eventually with the voting determining release order

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
She would still be a badass one-armed samurai, so I'd be down for her returning with a less sexualized design. But I could see.......certain fans getting hella salty.

I would be a bit sad as I like her design. Not every character needs to be fanservicy and if they want to add a new female character with zero fanservice cool but I also like the existing characters and how they look and toning down those designs not just in terms of fanservice just feels weird for GG when GG to me is not holding back in any area: from designs to movelists and gameplay down to the overall metal theme. Strive just feels like someone took a spicy meal and then reduced the spices to a minimum or the metal band that changed their sound and now almost sounds like pop

Last edited:

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ramlethal hasn't had shit done to her. She's still one of the most disgusting designs of over sexualization to a pre pubescent girl of any upcoming game I can think of.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ramlethal hasn't had shit done to her. She's still one of the most disgusting designs of over sexualization and to a pre pubescent girl of any upcoming game I can think of.
I was mainly referring to them finally getting rid of the underboob. I didn't say they got rid of sexualization entirely, which I wish was the case.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Less than 2% of people play Juri according to CFN. So, yeah.

To be fair, you probably have a fair amount of people who loved playing her in SFIV and then you get to SFV where she's just... not fun to play at all and has probably the most dumpster juice-tier theme song in the entire game

I consider myself a Juri fan but what in fuck did they do to her in V

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's final: Juri will receive two costumes.

ストリートファイターV コスチュームデザインコンテスト開催! | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

コンテスト優勝者のコスチュームはSFV開発チームで制作し、ゲームに反映されます!

As for how they will look:

*Please note that as stated in the rule, Capcom may alter or modify the design, in whole or in part, at Capcom's sole discretion

So my guess is that the first design will serve as an inspiration for a bison-like costume, whereas the second one might make it in looking mostly the same except for the underboob.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not under the impression that they would object to the underboob on the second one as opposed to it being possible that the overall detail of the outfit will be simplified.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Would be silly to not to make the costumes as they are here. If you aren't willing to actually put the costumes in the game then don't let people vote for them. People voted for these costumes not one kinda like this

Last edited:

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's final: Juri will receive two costumes.

ストリートファイターV コスチュームデザインコンテスト開催! | CAPCOM:シャドルー格闘家研究所

コンテスト優勝者のコスチュームはSFV開発チームで制作し、ゲームに反映されます!

As for how they will look:

So my guess is that the first design will serve as an inspiration for a bison-like costume, whereas the second one might make it in looking mostly the same except for the underboob.
So everybody loses. Im ok with that.