• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer to see more Rival Schools representation.

941c802ec8d2726e08ad6533f8b8440e.jpg

I want this to happen Akira please

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's really weird how Street Fighter keeps dancing around making Haggar playable. Like they'll dive super-deep into FF and they'll pull out Haggar for Vs. games and yet they'll never just go wild with him. It's crazy.

Beyond that Damnd seems like a must, Carlos sounds like a good pick, and I love the idea of Jessica as a swerve. Further beyond that? Probably time to start digging into Saturday Slam Masters and Rival Schools, start plugging more into those.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Maki's the only one I wanna see

Jessica could be a fun pick though.

It's really weird how Street Fighter keeps dancing around making Haggar playable. Like they'll dive super-deep into FF and they'll pull out Haggar for Vs. games and yet they'll never just go wild with him. It's crazy.

This is because Capcom refuses to make Haggar and Zangief playable in the same game

MVC3, MVC:I, Namco X Capcom, even that canned Capcom Fighting All Stars game all have playable Haggar... but no Gief. The reverse situation (Gief but no Haggar) is also true, but I won't list the games here, as Gief's appeared in far more games.

I don't know why it's a thing, but it is. I assume it's because they're really similar, but I think that reasoning is really dumb if true.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maki or Haggar, Carlos would be good too.

Im mostly here to express my displeasure at the wholesale conveyor belt concept art process Capcom used to explore all these SFV characters. Really, really not their best work and it has translated all the way to the finished product

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I wanna see this poor dude take revenge for getting his car vandalized by those meddlin' vigilantes.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Maki or Haggar, Carlos would be good too.

Im mostly here to express my displeasure at the wholesale conveyor belt concept art process Capcom used to explore all these SFV characters. Really, really not their best work and it has translated all the way to the finished product
You mean the designs, the animations, or something else? The former have been mostly solid (some fantastic), & the animations are on-point outside of a couple of outliers.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the designs, the animations, or something else? The former have been mostly solid (some fantastic), & the animations are on-point outside of a couple of outliers.
These, they made a batch of them for every SF character ever

latest

Very uninspired, very non-Capcom, just bland all around.

The designs in SFV vanilla I like the vast majority of, the DLC stuff has been very underwhelming for me outside of the outliers like Menat. I think having to design 3/4 outfits per character from the get-go really does the characters a disservice because the creativity is spread out and you dont get all of that effort into one concise design like the SFIII cast benefited from.

All things being equal, I think its the weakest SF game in terms of character designs (outside of the original of course) It doesnt mean its bad, it just means that they dont have Akiman and company at their immediate disposal anymore. The character models are usually good and the animations remain great.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
These, they made a batch of them for every SF character ever

latest

Very uninspired, very non-Capcom, just bland all around.

The designs in SFV vanilla I like the vast majority of, the DLC stuff has been very underwhelming for me outside of the outliers like Menat. I think having to design 3/4 outfits per character from the get-go really does the characters a disservice because the creativity is spread out and you dont get all of that effort into one concise design like the SFIII cast benefited from.

All things being equal, I think its the weakest SF game in terms of character designs (outside of the original of course) It doesnt mean its bad, it just means that they dont have Akiman and company at their immediate disposal anymore. The character models are usually good and the animations remain great.
You mean the newcomers or everyone post-launch, as you mentioned Menat as an example. If you mean all DLC, I'd argue that Sakura, Balrog, Guile, Cody, & a few others counter that argument. Sakura in particular has been long overdue for a redesign.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You mean the newcomers or everyone post-launch, as you mentioned Menat as an example. If you mean all DLC, I'd argue that Sakura, Balrog, Guile, Cody, & a few others counter that argument. Sakura in particular has been long overdue for a redesign.

Yeah, SFV at launch was good. Im talking DLC

Yeah, I dont like most of those, especially Sakura. Her design felt very random and nonsensical, Guiles outfit change didnt do anything for me either. Cody's was good, Balrogs is just there, Sagats was good. Designs that tell you stuff about the character and why its changed and that feel like it belongs hit the note for me. Sakuras side job outfit doesnt.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Belger, I want to see how they work the wheelchair into a fighting style.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Yeah, SFV at launch was good. Im talking DLC

Yeah, I dont like most of those, especially Sakura. Her design felt very random and nonsensical, Guiles outfit change didnt do anything for me either. Cody's was good, Balrogs is just there, Sagats was good. Designs that tell you stuff about the character and why its changed and that feel like it belongs hit the note for me. Sakuras side job outfit doesnt.
She's saving money to travel the world, & her default reflect the job she's doing to achieve that goal. Her high school outfit had to go eventually.

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
She's saving money to travel the world, & her default reflect the job she's doing to achieve that goal. Her high school outfit had to go eventually.

Whatever route you go with the design and story can be justified in some way and its still a decision that is up to the developers. As a fan of the character that design and excuse for it didnt live up to my expectations in the least.

Also, to be blunt, when I feel like I would have done a better job, I get mad.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Haggar - There's plenty of material they can go with to differentiate him from Zangief. Use his stuff from both Marvel and Final Fight Revenge if necessary.
Edi.E - A corrupt cop take on using Gun Fu.