• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryu looks so good. One of the best redesigns ever. It's perfect

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just basking in these good vibes.

It's absolutely crazy that people are just excited for a new SF. It's absolutely rare, fucking unicorn like, to have positivity on my feed from the FGC. Everybody seems like they want to be miserable, but SF6 is giving me carebear stare vibes right now.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I think Capcom might go big with the DLC Seasons and have smaller story expansions ala MK Aftermath or GG Strive Side Story.

One of the problems I think with FG season pass model is it doesn't have a draw for single player. New characters are cool and all but only thing single players can do with them is use them in Arcade. More casual players would need more motivation to get them. Having a story update would entice those people to get the season pass.

If their single player is a hit, I could see them expanding on it more. We don't know how it works yet but I can see it as a Yakuza like thing where you roam around doing missions and stuff.

There is a distinct lack of legacy characters save for the world warriors here. I think they can do a thematic season each year with its own story

Just throwing out some names here and I realized there are alot characters I want to come back lol I didn't put everyone(!) in this but you get the point

S1 - Metro City Rumble - Final fight. Story revolves around Final Fight characters and gives the game a final fight feel. Might setup for a new Final Fight game?
-Cody
-Guy
-Haggar
-Maki
-Sodom
-Poison
-Hugo
-Rolento
-Lucia

S2 - Shadaloo's Revenge - Alpha. Picks up from Rose's story in V. Bison is back with the original 4 kings but they are in their younger selves. Alpha characters in their older selves come back to help in the fight. Older versions of the remaining 4 kings also joins in.
-Bison
-Vega
-Balrog
-Sagat
-Rose
-Nash
-Sakura
-Karin
-Birdie
-Dan

S3 - Third Strike - SF3. I don't know much about SF3 story so no idea what's going on here lol
-Makoto
-Ibuki
-Alex
-Urien
-Gill
-Sean
-Dudley
-Remy
-Oro

S4 - World Domination. I'm running out of dumb titles and ideas here. G returns to enact global domination. Seth wants to join in somehow. Rival Schools characters are tied into the story like its an high school anime power fantasy story.
-G
-Menat
-Laura
-Seth
-C. Viper
-Batsu
-Akira
-Hyo

Okay, that's enough Coffee for today. I know some characters here needs to get in earlier so another option think could work is have these 4 story lines unfold over the four seasons and have a new character from each series.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

It's absolutely crazy that people are just excited for a new SF. It's absolutely rare, fucking unicorn like, to have positivity on my feed from the FGC. Everybody seems like they want to be miserable, but SF6 is giving me carebear stare vibes right now.
It's what happens when you:

1. Have one of the most diverse rosters to ever grace the series in quite some time. Arguably of all time.
  2. Treat the lady characters better in terms of design. Muscle lady, pants cammy, sifu Chun LI.
  3. Personally like the urban wear everyone is wearing. Very street and they look like they can actually walk around in public for once without looking weird af.
  4. No bug-like Oro. With his weird ass eyes and shit.
  5. New, interesting mechanics that seems like a total overhaul where entire layers of mechanics will interact with each other.
  6. An artstyle that doesn't make everyone look like Play-Doh fighters.
  7. Open world/hub world are all the rage for casuals too.
  8. An easy control scheme that may help people with disabilities or people who are stressed playing fighting games.
  9. Create a fighter is always gonna get more eyes on your game.
  10. Actual single player content. This is huge. I don't know how much you know about gamers, but they take this very seriously.
Capcom can't fucking lose unless they really try to fuck this up. Curious how fight money will return IF it will even return. And how much new characters will cost. Once you start dividing the Fgc up between haves and have nots in more than just cosmetics, I personally feel that things are gonna end bad. But I am sure others will disagree.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man the hype surrounding this is insane. Even I have to admit I've been paying more attention to this than FFXVI and I was hyped by that trailer as well. Capcom better not fuck up the bag on this.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the hype surrounding this is insane. Even I have to admit I've been paying more attention to this than FFXVI and I was hyped by that trailer as well. Capcom better not fuck up the bag on this.

I can't wait for FF16, but I haven't even watched the latest trailer, lol. I'm too hooked on SF6. Give it to me.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Yeah, fam. Six years of people hating on SFV—initially warranted, but after a couple years most of it was not—was a bummer.

It's nice to see people hype for SF again.

Shakunetsu

Jul 26, 2019

How I wished they turned it into something that can be charged and hold. then do sort of guard break when fully charged somekind of a call back to 3s and sfv denjin combined into one

GiibAT8.gif

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, fam. Six years of people hating on SFV—initially warranted, but after a couple years most of it was not—was a bummer.

A friend just hit me up saying they picked up SFV CE and wanted to play a couple rounds since they're trying to get back into the series for 6. This mf hasn't touched a fighting game since vanilla Marvel 3.

The hype is definitely real.

Damn, this sounds good. I hope whoever did the Oro remix for SF5 is on this. That track nailed the SF3 vibe 6 is leaning into.

Shakunetsu

Jul 26, 2019
And also since were not returning Evil Ryu, And some still asking for his stomp

being replace and incorporated to Ryu

I think this one can work as another alternative and a replacement to compensate with Evil Ryu's Stomp while still feels in-character to the current Ryu in SF6

So no need for Evil Ryu or something

sjz5BSu.gif

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

Funny thing is, if SFV had launched as-is, but called itself an Early Access game and having Arcade Edition be the real launch, it probably wouldn't have had such a horrible first impression for most.

Thankfully, SF6 seems to have learned the lesson. You gotta launch strong or people will only remember feeling burned no matter how great you become.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously, the game did have a ton of issues and mostly all of that negative feeling was warranted, but I firmly believe that quite a lot of the online hatred for SFV before/around/after launch was down to the game not being on Xbox. It was obvious that a lot of people just had this anger toward the game and they had never even touched it. This continued for years. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is, if SFV had launched as-is, but called itself an Early Access game and having Arcade Edition be the real launch, it probably wouldn't have had such a horrible first impression for most.

Thankfully, SF6 seems to have learned the lesson. You gotta launch strong or people will only remember feeling burned no matter how great you become.

SFV earned its poor first impression. And first impressions being lasting impressions is undeniable facts. It still sucks that people have missed out on years of bomb ass Street Fighter because of their first impressions tho.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Oh god, would they make Akuma kill Sean?

Tempting Ryu to the dark side didn't pan out. He could escalate things with Ryu, but it's too late, he's already mastered and banished the urge to kill.

HIs #2 option would be... literally player 2 himself, Ken. Sean's star could be rising fast and he becomes cocky, only to be baited into a fight with Akuma...

.... it's probably too much. Still, Akuma is a lingering villain and I could see a storyline involving corrupting Ken as the final.

this time Oni is banned because everyone is disgusted
Time for one of those OP Evil/Violent Ken variants from the SaltyBet MUGEN tournaments to become canon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Could've maybe been like a modern version of fighting games coming out at arcades then getting expanded console versions.
(I often hear that's why Tekken 7 had so many characters)

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Obviously, the game did have a ton of issues and mostly all of that negative feeling was warranted, but I firmly believe that quite a lot of the online hatred for SFV before/around/after launch was down to the game not being on Xbox. It was obvious that a lot of people just had this anger toward the game and they had never even touched it. This continued for years. Nobody will convince me otherwise.
Can't speak for anyone but myself but I soured on SFV because I actually played and put time into it. How early SFV was mechanically, continuing on from how SF4's life was (as a DeeJay main) just made the entire series repulsive to me. It was actually the first game I ever uninstalled from steam.

I'll take people's word that the game ended in a better state (although I don't trust a lot of FGC fans' opinions) and I'm cautiously optimistic about how SF6 is shaping up.

That being said SFV absolutely should have been on Xbox. I know the development situation, but SF was known for being playable on every platform on earth lol. The PS exclusivity was not a good look.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Will SFVI take the crown back from MK?

I don't expect it to necessarily outsell MK. MK11 sold 12 million. An astronomical number.

SF6 certainly could sell a little more than that, but that would just mean we got another traditional fighting game doing huge numbers. SF6 could sell a little less than MK11 and the same will be true.

SF6 would have to do Smash numbers, doubling MK11 for us to really talk about crowns. But that's not about to happen.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty curious myself.
MK11 seems to have sold 12 million copies in 2 years, which is twice what SFV did in 6 years, though it was on two more platforms.
SFVI might get close to that when it's all said and done, if it delivers and if it also gets a Switch 2 version.

Either way, yeah game is gonna be big.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect it to necessarily outsell MK. MK11 sold 12 million. An astronomical number.

SF6 certainly could sell a little more than that, but that would just mean we got another traditional fighting game doing huge numbers. SF6 could sell a little less than MK11 and the same will be true.

SF6 would have to do Smash numbers, doubling MK11 for us to really talk about crowns. But that's not about to happen.
I'm a boomer so I don't count smash lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm pretty curious myself.
MK11 seems to have sold 12 million copies in 2 years, which is twice what SFV did in 6 years, though it was on two more platforms.
SFVI might get close to that when it's all said and done, if it delivers and if it also gets a Switch 2 version.

Either way, yeah game is gonna be big.
That's what I was thinking. SF6 might close the gap if the Switch 2 gets the game, a door that the PS4 version has more widely opened.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think so, 12 million copies is a huge milestone to reach for fighting game and Mortal Kombat hit that number in back to back entries with MK11 pulling it off in a much smaller time frame than MKX. Even Tekken 7 is only currently at 9 million and that came out on consoles 2 years before MK11. Mortal Kombat games have a positive reputation for being fighting games that casual players can enjoy without grinding hundreds of hours online similar to Super Smash Bros and the high sales reflect that.

However, I think SF6 will most assuredly much, much sell better than SFV. The excitement for this game is a lot higher and Capcom is sparing no expense to release this iteration with all the features you'd expect at launch unlike SFV which launched blatantly unfinished. Things are much different now, Capcom is consistently putting out bangers in all their big series and next year it's going to be Street Fighter's turn.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't think so, 12 million copies is a huge milestone to reach for fighting game and Mortal Kombat hit that number in back to back entries with MK11 pulling it off in a much smaller time frame than MKX. Even Tekken 7 is only currently at 9 million and that came out on consoles 2 years before MK11. Mortal Kombat games have a positive reputation for being fighting games that casual players can enjoy without grinding hundreds of hours online similar to Super Smash Bros and the high sales reflect that.

However, I think SF6 will most assuredly much, much sell better than SFV. The excitement for this game is a lot higher and Capcom is sparing no expense to release this iteration with all the features you'd expect at launch unlike SFV which launched blatantly unfinished. Things are much different now, Capcom is consistently putting out bangers in all their big series and next year it's going to be Street Fighter's turn.

I think being available to Xbox players alone is going to be a massive contributor to this. Thats a significant amount of people who just didnt get to play for a whole generation.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I find wierd people are suprised due the excitement about a new Street Fighter game, it's right there with MK and Tekken as the most popular and influential fighting games ever that's not going away, SFV was a an outlier due how terrible it was handled early on. Most other franchises wouldn't have survived past the first year after a initial backlash of that scale, SFV made it through the whole gen despite the hiccups.

I never expected anything different if Capcom did it right this time, and they seem to be doing so far. I always wish for fighting games to succeed, hopefully this will sell really well and get more people into the genre, it benefits everyone.

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I find wierd people are suprised due the excitement about a new Street Fighter game, it's right there with MK and Tekken as the most popular and influential fighting games ever that's not going away, SFV was a an outlier due how terrible it was handled early on. Most other franchises wouldn't have survived past the first year after a initial backlash of that scale, SFV made it through the whole gen despite the hiccups.

I never expected anything different if Capcom did it right this time, and they seem to be doing so far. I always wish for fighting games to succeed, hopefully this will sell really well and get more people into the genre, it benefits everyone.
It is crazy how SF is still in people's minds. I constantly wear my Uniqlo SF shirts and always get comments on them. The power of SF2 has survived so long it's insane. I don't think if I wore a Liu Kang shirt I'd get comments yet my Guile shirt did today.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

SF was inescapable if you are millennial or older. It's a generational touchstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.