• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
cC0uU94_d.webp
AYO. I need a Hi-Fight breakdown of what happens when Guile blocks Luke's DP.

There's a counter hit explosion (!!!) and he apparently cancels the first hit of his sweep into f+HK.

CRUSH COUNTERS BACK??

My quick screen shot doesn't capture it, but there's a splash of paint along with the explosion effect. It is without question a different effect from when he lands sweep without counter-hit earlier in the trailer.

Last edited:

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
That was badass. God damn I cant wait for this game. It's all i think about.

Looks like they kept versions of a lot of his SFV tech

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, watching the trailer again without Geoff's summer snooze fest distracting me and a couple of thoughts;

1. Guile actually looks REALLY good in motion, way better than he does in stills imo.
2. The game itself looks fucking phenomenal. I'm gonna lose my shit once SF3 and Alpha characters start making it.
3. Guile's theme is actually great, I love how funky it is. This game has such a more upbeat tone to it and I think Guile's theme fits that and himself quite well.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
cC0uU94_d.webp

There's a counter hit explosion (!!!) and he apparently cancels the first hit of his sweep into f+HK.

CRUSH COUNTERS BACK??

My quick screen shot doesn't capture it, but there's a splash of paint along with the explosion effect. It is without question a different effect from when he lands sweep without counter-hit earlier in the trailer.

Yeah, I saw this too and was losing my mind a little. Big CC punishes on DPs again? I'm down. Keep CC out of neutral though.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
NGL, kinda hope Gief, Sim and Honda are revealed next so we can get the rest of the snore fest reveals out of the way and focus on the good stuff
I think grief and sim are going to be interesting reveals if they're shown early enough just to see how the drive system interacts with their very archetypical gameplay styles. Like between them and cammy you can kinda get a baseline for how the flow of the game might be.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I personally cant wait to see the rest of the SFII characters. I've been replaying Super Turbo a lot recently and weirdly I've grown to enjoy using Honda, no idea why...Sim and Gief have been favourites of mine for years. That said, I really wanna see Kimberly and Marisa next.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
cC0uU94_d.webp

CRUSH COUNTERS BACK??

In Desk's gameplay comparison video, we see the same effect (the explosion, orange paint) when Ryu lands counter-hit shoryuken after a Perfect Parry. @0:07

Maybe counter-hits in general lead to bigger punish? Or it's a move-specific thing.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird how Chun and Guile both got recast yet the new replacements just sound like they're copying how the previous actors voiced those characters. Like for a minute I didn't even know it was Chase when I played the voice clip until I actually looked at the name and realised.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Guile's trailer confirms SF6 is trying to leave no Street Fighter fan behind.

We already knew the parry was returning from SFIII. We knew Focus Attack and FADC analogs were returning from SFIV.

But now we have confirmation that SF6 is not abandoning SFV. Every character so far has V-Skill style special moves (Ryu's denjin charge, Chun's stance switch, Luke's Suppressor, Jamie's drinks). Guile literally has his VS1 in SF6. We know level two Super Arts can be used to function as V-Trigger installs. Guile's level 2 is his VT1. Most tellingly, we see a Crush Counter style counter-hit effect when Guile punishes a DP.

True, we already knew V-Reversals were also back as Drive Reversals, but many people were quick to attribute this to the Alpha Counter. No, this game is stressing continuity. It's not quite Smash Ultimate where "Everybody is here!" but every system is here.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
We know level two Super Arts can be used to function as V-Trigger installs. Guile's level 2 is his VT1.

I think Guile is the only one so far who has a install super at level 2. I noticed they have a slight cinematic shot for the level 2's and go full on cinematic with level 3's.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think Guile is the only one so far who has a install super at level 2. I noticed they have a slight cinematic shot for the level 2's and go full on cinematic with level 3's.

I don't believe we've seen other level 2s yet, have we? We've seen level 1s and 3s.

I'm sure not every level 2 in the game will be an install, but I'm pretty confident that they won't just be medium strength super combos for the most part. I think they will function like Triggers more often than not.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The game just proved how amazing it also looks in broad daylight.

I have 0 concerns left on the visual plan. Everything looks so fucking good. Each pose, every texture, every fx... its crazy how everything just explode everywhere, with so much visual variety yet all fall together and blends... Its very impressive stuff, endless pleasure for the eyes (always catching something new) and soooo good in motion holy shit these animations...

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
So other than Street, I suppose a theme of SF6 is "Beards". Ryu and Guile are both sporting one. Will all returning male characters have beards now?

Because, honestly, I'm all for it.
Possibly. Dhalsim has a beard in the leaked character roster. Though he also had one in SFV.

I think the beards are Capcom's attempt to signify the original characters are now older, despite not having any grey hair. (Dhalsim being the exception as his beard was already grey in SFV).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Chun's sounds like....I don't even know. Music for shopping in the in-game store? Just not a good character theme. Luke's just sounds anemic compared to SFV's.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Possibly. Dhalsim has a beard in the leaked character roster. Though he also had one in SFV.

I think the beards are Capcom's attempt to signify the original characters are now older, despite not having any grey hair. (Dhalsim being the exception as his beard was already grey in SFV).
Akuma got more gray hair compared to SFIII.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
So other than Street, I suppose a theme of SF6 is "Beards". Ryu and Guile are both sporting one. Will all returning male characters have beards now?

Because, honestly, I'm all for it.

- Honda, Dee Jay, Ed and Blanka don't have beards.

- Zangief has the same beard as always, Dhalsim has a longer beard from SFV, Ken now has some facial hair growing in, Akuma has a shorter length beard from SFV with facial hair being on his damn chin this time and Rashid has a new beard style

At least Akuma got his grays back again from 3S

Status
Not open for further replies.