• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
By the way, would there be a point in someone making a official "SFVI Discussion and Speculation" thread or shall we just do it all in here?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"No"

EAIIw1XXoAIr4fH.jpg
Why do people continue to use the non Drew Brees one. It's much more funnier with the Drew Brees one.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Oh shit this may have been said before but…say the dark Ken story is true. This could lead to Violen Ken, yes but here's the rest: Kage. Kage is the personification of the dark Hadou. Now he's been purged for good by Ryu, and took form in 5 but has a new target in Ken.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I don't know if that's how it works as the dark Hado is something that manifests from within. However, Kage is an anomaly as its the only instance that im aware of where one can purge it entirely from themselves and it takes physical form as its own entity. It also kind of hints that Kage will probably fade out of existence over time without someone to host him. It wouldn't be an strange turn of events in my view if Kage becomes something that jumps from host to host to continue existing and Ken would be a tantalizing target as his techniques arent too dissimilar from Ryu's

Feb 21, 2022
So I was looking at the Ken leak again and I noticed something. On the right side of the screen there's some katakana that reads "Customize" and another further down that says "Effect" and "Effect color"

Does anyone here know Japanese? Would love to get a complete translation on what the full text says.

Here's a pic

anitHDM.png

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
So I was looking at the Ken leak again and I noticed something. On the right side of the screen there's some katakana that reads "Customize" and another further down that says "Effect" and "Effect color"

Does anyone here know Japanese? Would love to get a complete translation on what the full text says.

Here's a pic

anitHDM.png

Would be pretty nice if it was a colour edit mode.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Here's a pic

anitHDM.png

Can't tell you shit about the kanji in particular, but for the rest

EnyUJRu.png

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

Here's a pic

anitHDM.png

It's too blurry for me to be able to make out most of it but I think that the bottom pair of kanji is 乱入 which is らんにゅう. It means "barge in" so my guess is that it refers to the entrance cinematic where the two fighters walk into the arena together.

EDIT: The pair before type might be 原作 (げんさく).

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Anybody have any recommendations for resources/videos/links for beginners in street fighter/fighting games in general. I'm quite novice when it comes to fighting games and find myself getting overwhelmed with what to do when and how, and what to look out for.

Frankly I've never built a good foundation, I hate to admit it, but most of my foundation is built off of button mashing and it's really hard to unlearn. 😅

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have any recommendations for resources/videos/links for beginners in street fighter/fighting games in general. I'm quite novice when it comes to fighting games and find myself getting overwhelmed with what to do when and how, and what to look out for.

Frankly I've never built a good foundation, I hate to admit it, but most of my foundation is built off of button mashing and it's really hard to unlearn. 😅
I'd recommend Ceelows on YT. He makes guides that are character specific. He'll start with the very basics of the character and build it up. Usually the series' are a few hours long.

If you are willing to spend money, Giefs Gym is fantastic.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

If you want some reading material the subreddit has some interesting resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.