• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Luke glowed TF up

Was not a huge fan of his sf5 design but in this trailer he looks fucking sick and y'all ain't gonna convince me otherwise.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Was about to ask the same. Luke's dad?
seems so

streetfighter.fandom.com

Robert Sullivan

Robert Sullivan was Luke's father, a military doctor of Irish descent. While Luke knew him as a quiet and reserved person, he revealed his assertive side upon discovering a terrorist IED at a mall, shoving Luke aside and guiding civilians to safety up until the explosion, dying in the process...

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The quickness of the memes is killing me
FMGRKopVQAAOfdL

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
Looks like a departure from SF 4&5 visually, so that's good. Disappointed we won't see anything more til summer though.

Logo's pretty weak.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
The logo is weird (looks like SF has 6 missed messages/emails) but I honestly dig the new artstyle and the way Ryu and Luke look now. The song is sort of catchy too!

Damn we have to wait until summer but a cool tease nonetheless.

Wait, is Yusuke Hasimoto part of the SFVI team now?!

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I need to see more before I totally write off the art style of the game, but first impressions aren't good for me personally.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
as always, the poochie equivalent for the new street fighter will be quickly forgotten in favor of Ryu, Chun and Ken

blows my mind they STILL try this shit

Alex2DX

Nov 6, 2017
I can't picture it in motion. I'm just seeing tekken movement lol. I hope it animates just as smooth as V does....can't imagine characters like Sim and Gief in this style but I'm excited.

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they used the same process as DMC5, starting with a real person's face and then tweaking it to get it closer to how they want it to look for the character.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a joke post. No way anyone can think that looked like ass.

I sure the hell can, it's technically good but not fun at all to look at. but to be fair there isn't mutch to judge, the new designs aren't well lit at all and we haven't seen the hit effects or or the in game colors

But if this is going the way if dmc 4 to 5 then I will be disappointed because all of the costume/clothes colors took a huge hit in 5 in the name of realism.

Will actually laugh my ass off if SNK Has a fighter that's looking to he more colorful than SF

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
Serious. I'm tired of shitty looking SF.
Capcom was going to use the RE engine without a doubt, look at how stylized DMC is. You were never going to be happy since you ignored what the company has been doing for the last few years. Looking for a 3rd Strike/Alpha look in Capcom's biggest fighting game IP in 2022?

Delusional.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
as always, the poochie equivalent for the new street fighter will be quickly forgotten in favor of Ryu, Chun and Ken

blows my mind they STILL try this shit

Doesn't mean they shouldn't and can't push others forward, though I agree. Luke does seem he was made for the US gamer in mind though, which is sad - as in, I hate how US gets the focus again, but yo, monies!

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Not a joke, and yes I think Hulk Ryu looks stupid as fuck compared to something like 3rd Strike, where he is also bulked but the anime style makes it significantly more palatable.
Tbh I kinda agree with this. Realistic art style but anime ass proportions looks hella weird. I don't think I can judge the game fairly until we see gameplay though.

Jan 10, 2018
Thought I was watching a teaser for a new Hulk game at first. xD

Kinda like it though. It fascinates me that this series experiments so much with its visual identity. It's pretty cool actually.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
[
That'd be shitty if true, from both Capcom and Sony, but I don't think it'll be the case. I can see a KoF XV case where this releases on PS4/5 and only on Series S/X.

If (and it's a big if) this ends up being PS only it will be because Sony dumped a huge truck of money at Capcom's doorstep, a scenario/possibility that probably never existed for KoF so I'm not sure you can make the comparison or use that as precedence.

Yunyo

Oct 25, 2017
7 days for an announcement of an announcement...

Impossible to judge visuals without seeing them in motion/gameplay.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think Capcom might be cursed when it comes to logo design for 6th entries.

First it was blowjob giraffe, now notification SF.