• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Realizing I'm going bald was depressing as fuck, so I decided to just buzz cut my entire hair two months ago, because I hated the idea of looking like that.

It's not great, but I'd rather keep it that way instead than having a fucking hole without hair.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My mother's side doesn't have a lot of balding, so I'm lucky to have a lot of her genes. I have a full and healthy head of hair at 25, though it's not like a lot of 25 year olds don't.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Going bald is probably my biggest fear regarding my appearance. The moment my hairline thins I'm shaving the whole motherfucker.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I shaved my head for the first time in October and now I'm not self conscious about my horrible hairline anymore.

I suggest anyone who is thinning go ahead and get rid of it all. It gives you LIFE.
I never got laid with hair. Only without.

Checkmate, hair people!

Massive life.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Yeah 32 here and definitely starting to thin at the top there. Lucky I have curly hair so I can hide it a bit but yeah... gotta start hitting the gym I suppose..

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I already buzz/shave my head so if I went bald, I wouldn't care. People going bald should just shave it off. Stop clinging on to what's clearly going away if you're not paying for treatment.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I would think going bald from the front is worse than the top. At least you can somewhat hide the top but receding hairline is tough to mask.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
I come from a lineage of beautiful manes well into old age on both sides of my family, hair loss isnt something i normally worry about. But I do shed incredible amounts which is weird, because my hair is definitely not thinner.

my wife pulls out more hair in the shower than I have on my head. She has the thickest hair I've ever seen.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hair transplant therapy is fucking magic, so if y'all got the money, keep it in mind.

Veezy

Oct 27, 2017
I began to go bald in my late 20's. I spent a lot of money on hair cuts to hide what was going on. Eventually, I hit a point where I realized I could go bald, choose to shave off my hair, or fight it. I embraced my bald dome and never looked back. Less expensive, less upkeep, and I have a round head so it looks good. It felt good to feel like I was choosing my style of hair versus fighting the inevitable.

I get that some people may want to fight it, but the reality is you shouldn't feel forced to keep up with hair. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
I've always had really short hair. Since COVID became a thing, I've just let it grow, and it's pretty long now. I'm 44, but I've got long blonde/light brown hair. My two younger brothers (42 and 34 yr old) keep mocking me, and I'm like "Motherfuckers, you're balding, and you're grey!"

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I've kind of feared it, but I think I'm in the clear. I've shed a lot, but no bald spots. It doesn't seem to run in the family either. I'll die of old age with a full head of hair. I'm in my late 20s. I have a friend in his mid 20s who already has a receding hairline.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
32 and I've been bald for years now. Sure it sucks, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm happier now then when I was still trying to hide the fact that I was balding.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
I've been paranoid about going bald for a few years now. I'm 33 but have a high hairline so can never tell if my hair is receding.

At least Covid let me grow my hair long. Got to try some hairstyles out before I lose it all lol.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Am 22 with a head full of hair and no signs of thinning - my dad started balding at my age and my cousin who is only a year older is already almost completely bald but luckily I got my mom's thick hair genes. If I was balding though I'd embrace it.

Neolith

Oct 25, 2017
What's the truth then? As my hair definitely seems to have more in common with my mothers father than my father or his father.

like most physical attributes it's multi factorial. The moms side of the genes thing is an old wives tale. From a genetic standpoint there's multiple genetic loci involved, that are inherited both maternally and paternally

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Lol I made it 41 years but 2020 has destroyed my crown and hairline. Got the clippers out in the summer, took the lot off and never looked back.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Have fun suddenly hearing how often people refer to bald people as negative, scary, disgisting, laughable, etc. From now on you're like someone with openly visible STD-s to them.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Bald men on both sides of my family so I know it's coming. Currently talking finasteride to delay it. Problem is I got a young looking face, can't grow a beard, and am very skinny. And short to boot!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Damn :(

I'm extremely lucky in this regard. My hairdresser says that I have an absolutely insane amount (volume) of hair and that there's no way I'll ever become bald. Sometimes he jokingly says that I have so much hair that he should charge me double lol.

And I've noticed it too of course, I have way too much hair on my head, it's insane. But hey, that's good. Also, no one in my family is bald!

Poeton

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
COVID made face the inevitable a lot sooner. I cut it every couple of weeks with a half guard. I think I look pretty good.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn :(

I'm extremely lucky in this regard. My hairdresser says that I have an absolutely insane amount (volume) of hair and that there's no way I'll ever become bald. Sometimes he jokingly says that I have so much hair that he should charge me double lol.

And I've noticed it too of course, I have way too much hair on my head, it's insane. But hey, that's good. Also, no one in my family is bald!
Pics or didn't happen

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
That was me a few years ago in an elevator with s lot of mirrors lol

I knew i was going bald, just like my father, but i didn't know it was already so much.

Meh, who cares

Oct 27, 2017
I've been balding/bald since I was 18 (over 10 years ago). While I personally hated my hair and feel like I look better bald than I ever did with it, there are frequently scenarios where I think, "OK, but if I had hair how would that have gone differently?" It's something I'm constantly reminded of, not least of all because I have to shave my head every single day because the hair I do still have comes in quick, thick, and dark. My heart goes out to anyone embarking on that journey.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
"Welcome to the club, kid", said Northernlion, ambassador of being bald on twitch
2b7AqDG.png

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i was 16 when i started losing my hair. always had really thin hair. i used to dye/bleach my hair a lot so that didn't help.

it really fucked me up for a while but eventually accepted it. i do miss my long coloured hair and it's a pain in the ass shaving my head so often. i wish there was a style i could pull off but nope the only one i can do is this:

(not me! it's Dougie from Derek tv show)

5cdf717f276bdbb3efc1f60b61a2f160.jpg

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm 35 and no signs of balding yet. It's so far looking like I got my maternal grandfather's hair, who had good hair even into his 70s.

34 and I'm with you. My maternal grandfather died with a full head of hair and my maternal uncle is 70 with a full head. I'm hoping for the best!

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Classic. Poor guy finding out like that. Definitely not the headphones either.

I had already shaved my head when I noticed my hair thinning, so I'm not sure when it happened. But I've always had a shaved head because fuck styling the hair every morning, fuck not being able to wear hats without ruining it, fuck the wind and rain messing it up in seconds, fuck constant haircuts. I remember getting annoyed and just shaving it all off one day and I've never gone back.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
If you're starting to thin and it's making you upset/unhappy, skip the internet/flaky hair loss schemes and talk to your doctor/dermatologist. There's prescription stuff that can help you out.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I come from a lineage of beautiful manes well into old age on both sides of my family, hair loss isnt something i normally worry about. But I do shed incredible amounts which is weird, because my hair is definitely not thinner.

Same, and I should have had a head full of gray years ago, but I don't even have one yet.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Both sides of the family have full heads of hair.

I'm currently losing it all. I'm not happy about it.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
My life was a facsimile of that Seinfeld episode...I started shaving my full head of hair during my early 20s...then I thought "fuck it, might as well let it grow out again", lo and behold...I couldn't because now I had started to bald. How is that fair?!

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
Same. Definitely noticed it since I grew my hair.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Yup. Classic horseshoe pattern. Seen a lot of of this:

Is there anything he can do? Live, damn it. LIVE!

Minoxidil (liquid or cream) would probably help. There's also nizoral shampoo, which is anti-dandruff, but it also helps with hair loss supposedly. Thirdly there's finasteride. I'm not sure but it might require a prescription.

That dude looks like he still has a lot of hair, so minoxidil alone would probably do it. Sadly any new hair growth will fall out in a matter of months if you stop using it. But from what I've seen it can be quite effective!

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Are there any good recommended clippers?
Might go no guard in the new year. My clippers are wired but it would be nice to do it wireless in the shower if this becomes a regular thing.