• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people in here so bothered by this other than hoes mad
Vintage-1991-17-Steve-Urkel-Doll-Pull.jpg

e22991fcf32d88eac88a4cbad032fb90.jpg

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At some point some of you people have to stop being surprised that celebrities get the celebrity treatment just because these celebrities are famous for playing videogames rather than playing sports or being in movies

Annoyinmous

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
At some point some of you people have to stop being surprised that celebrities get the celebrity treatment just because these celebrities are famous for playing videogames rather than playing sports or being in movies

It's crazy, they're celebrities and entertainers that have millions and millions of followers. I don't understand the hate in this thread at all.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy, they're celebrities and entertainers that have millions and millions of followers. I don't understand the hate in this thread at all.

I mean, some of those streamers are pretty shit, not gonna lie. However a lot of reactions to stuff like this still feels rooted in the fact that Era is basically the nursing home of the gaming community, people here (myself included) are generally older than most of the gaming community. Which continues to result in views and opinions on some topics that are based on how things were a decade or more ago.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Were there figurines of actors instead of the characters they're playing? I'm trying to remember if there was ever a Tom Cruise action figure that wasn't from Mission Impossible or something.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Whatever you do don't take that Dr. Disrespect toy into a bathroom with you.

EDIT: Nm, people already made the Dr. Disrespect bathroom creeper joke. Era works fast.

sgurschick

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I know that Disrespect guy for being an awful human being and that Ninja guy for being the guy that just made a sweet 50+ million for playing some videogames on a different service, but I have no idea who the other three are.

I know this is said every generation and I feel like an old fogey for repeating it, but it's a damn shame if these are who kids are idolizing these days.

Who did you idolize? When I was a kid i had a New Kids On The Block Jordan Knight Ken doll. This is no different.

There are a hell of a lot worse celebs out there.

Additionally I'd take a bet that most of these streamers viewers the 18-34 year old demographic. Not the young teen.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure other shit celebrities in the past have gotten action figures. I don't get the streaming thing, but my parents didn't get why I was so into the musicians or actors or video games I was into when I was a kid either. This shit is generational, and people come across like they are completely tone deaf or lacking in any sort of self awareness when they start this "omg what is wrong with society!" shit over the celebrity status of streamers. Y'all sound one step away from the people that want to ban violent video games. If anything, kids/teens being into shit that adults find dumb is one of the few constants in society in the last 100 years or so.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
Why are people in here so bothered by this other than hoes mad
Vintage-1991-17-Steve-Urkel-Doll-Pull.jpg

e22991fcf32d88eac88a4cbad032fb90.jpg
Those are dumb too but they are toys for characters in stories. This is and has always been pretty common.
These are figures for at best, "reality tv stars". Most streamers feel on the same level, if not worst, to tabloids.