• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Game looks cool.
I saw this and probably late to its greatness.

04a

Scarlett

Dec 5, 2020
Sorry you went through that, it must have been quite hard. The game seems to be resonating with cat parents and people who've lost them, so your reaction is entirely understandable and normal. Have you ever spoken to anyone, like a counsellor, about pet bereavement? It affects people just as much as close ones dying. It's worth it to process your feelings and what comes up for you. Hope you're taking care of yourself.

Thank you for the kind words. I've got a therapist, but you're right, I realized last night I've never put time into processing and discussing it with anyone. I'm going to do that while the wounds are reopened.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Do you get anything important for completing all of B12's sub memories? Feels like I missed one in an area I can't return to. I'm probably 3/4 of the way through the game now.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Panquequera

Feb 8, 2021
Only been playing for almost 2 hours but I'm loving it, love all the interactions and details, I'm having a bit of performance issues but my pc is a bit old so probably that.

I feel like such a baby for admitting this but I actually cried on the beginning lol when the main cats get separated from it's group, and then you can still hear them meow calling you :(

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying this. The world building, and environmental storytelling is impressive. The anesthetic and atmosphere is top notch. Impressed.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
You don't get anything other than a trophy for that. Those sub memories just help flesh out the story more.

Cool, thanks. Guess I'll leave that for a second playthrough.

On another note, anyone noticed the cat's reactions in the beginning when the backpack was put on it? Exactly like I see in videos - the cat just flops over and refuses to move ROFL.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The art direction in this game is fucking phenomenal. Lighting, animations, man. They knocked it out of the park. Just finished installing the transceiver and I'm honestly shocked at how tense this otherwise adorable game can get.

The cat animations are on point. I couldnt stop laughing after getting the backpack. This team cats. Just loving spamming the meow button too.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Solid little game. Enjoyed playing through it the past couple of days. Not anything mind blowing, but a decent time and a perfect game to blow through on a subscription service.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Finished today with a playtime of 9:37. There was quite a bit of exploring and idle time (sleep trophy), so probably more around eight hours. Loved the environment and music. Gameplay was okay but limited. Definitely could use some enemy variety. The moment you get the backpack was *chef's kiss*.

Going through trophy cleanup now, and one of them took me 45 minutes of attempts to get, hahaha.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Had some stuttering on PS5 during the battery puzzle, odd, since it was only time in the entire game I had any issues.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Do you get anything important for completing all of B12's sub memories? Feels like I missed one in an area I can't return to. I'm probably 3/4 of the way through the game now.
You can replay the chapter you missed one in and then go back to the latest chapter. Just make sure to hit an autosave point in the chapter you revisit so it counts it.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finished! Took me just under six hours total.

The stealth sections were definitely the worst, specifically the ones at the end of the prison section that require you to bait sentinels, and then the final chase. By far the most frustrating parts of the game. And I think the last act of the game felt comparatively undercooked compared to everything before it, as others have already mentioned; it almost feels like the devs were worried they were taking too long to get to the point and didn't want you to mess around too much once you leave the Slums.

Still, it worked really well for me; clearly a lot of thought was put into having the protagonist be a cat and what that would mean for how you interact with the world and the NPCs. There's a little bit of stretching you have to do to convince yourself that a cat would care about anything that's going on or really understand what everyone wanted you to do, but I'm just going to chalk that up to Lassie/Littlest Hobo syndrome where animals magically understand exactly what's needed of them at any given moment.

You can replay the chapter you missed one in and then go back to the latest chapter. Just make sure to hit an autosave point in the chapter you revisit so it counts it.

Do you know if this also applies if you've finished the game? I didn't see any options to load your last save but maybe that's hidden under Start Game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Finished! Took me just under six hours total.

The stealth sections were definitely the worst, specifically the ones at the end of the prison section that require you to bait sentinels, and then the final chase.

I think that's a section that people make more difficult than it needs to be. I'm assuming you're talking about the one where you have to get two sentinels locked up, right? All you need to do is keep the door on the left locked as it is and then gather both of the sentinels, run in side, and then just run through the openings on the bottom of the locked door on the left (I don't think some notice that you can do that, but you can). Then just run over and hit lock on the other side and it's done. That's something you really need to do with the speedrun trophy since it can get you hung up if you're trying to lock both doors.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a section that people make more difficult than it needs to be. I'm assuming you're talking about the one where you have to get two sentinels locked up, right? All you need to do is keep the door on the left locked as it is and then gather both of the sentinels, run in side, and then just run through the openings on the bottom of the locked door on the left (I don't think some notice that you can do that, but you can). Then just run over and hit lock on the other side and it's done.

The problem is that when I have both sentinels aggroed, the likelihood of getting murdered goes up significantly; in the end I baited them individually using both doorways (and keeping both doors open), and basically spent as little time inside the cell as possible to make sure the sentinels couldn't get a bead on me for long. I did NOT know you could actually run underneath the doors without opening them, but the way I did it, I'm not sure that actually would've helped.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the game focused more on condensed self-contained story and exploration areas like the slums or the last city. My enjoyment of the game plummeted with every chase scene or stealth sequence. By the time it ended I was ready for it to be done.

I can't help but feel that I would've enjoyed the game more if I played as B12 but with legs or something so you couldn't just fly anywhere.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
It's a fantastic game, I love the aesthetics and viewing the world from the cat's point of view. It's just 'slightly' too short.
I wish there was a 3rd city area to explore in a similar way to the first one. The second area also did not have enough interactive elements or meaningful quests which is a shame.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Pros:
- Chill gameplay and doing cat stuff is great.

Cons:
- I wish it were a bit more rpg:ish. Like having an inventory on the middle button for example / make doing cat stuff impact your gameplay: Scratch your claws to get more attack power against the zurks / sleep to improve stammina like jump height and speed / cuddle to add more health.
- Do not like the droid at all, it was better when it was just you by yourself and besides, the droid is in the way of your view.
- Cat must have a light to see in the dark? Uhm....?

I hope for a sequel they do it more like the above... like that shark game I forgot the name of :)

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The dualsense is so impressive. The purring feels almost exactly the same as my cat in my lap, minus the fluff and warmth

kolsonk

Jul 6, 2021
Really enjoyed this! Finished the story with all trophies besides the speed run in just less than 6 hours (7 with the 1 hour sleeping trophy). How easy is the speed run trophy for people who did it?

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
There are headcrab-esque enemies that we call the goopy goopers who chase the cat around the sewers and one area has eyeballs growing out of the walls, so there's some horror stuff for sure, but no blood or gore. I just reached Midtown.

Creepy, but might be ok. Thanks for the details reponse!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Made it to Midtown and wow! Midtown is exactly what I picture a cyberpunk city/town to look like. The locations in this game are amazing! Better cyberpunk game then Cyberpunk 2077 lol.

I love this game so much. GOTY for me right now.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I'm really liking this game and always nod at the accurate cat behaviors but it's making me wish there was a Tokyo Jungle remake. It's so hard to not think about since TJ even has a sci-fi element. Then again, with how graphics are today, the violence would prolly be a tad bit upsetting lol.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
There is a place to rest in the Slums way up on a rooftop and I watched the slow camera zoom out as far as it could,it was pretty awesome seeing that big area unfold slowly,nice atmosphere and look...reminded me of those long in between street alleys I use to play in as a kid(it wasnt in slums but still).

Lovely game...heading to a chase scene probably now though,not crazy about those.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished it and really enjoyed it. Maybe being in the early PS5 videos meant some people were expecting something more AAA, but it was exactly what I was expecting in terms of length and tone from an Annapurna published game.

The scenes at the end were stunning and very rewarding too.

Vexidus

Nov 22, 2017
I am loving this game!! About 2/3 of the way through and really taking my time with it. I find myself just sitting in the environments and soaking in all the detail. Panning the camera around, looking all the way up, using the zoom to see even more details. The world is just so wonderfully realized.

The quietly beautiful moments separated by the chase moments remind me a lot of Mirror's Edge and I loved that game for its environment and world as well. Also getting that Inside vibe others have mentioned along with the ambient droning soundtrack in those moments.

Certainly one of the games I will come back to in order to be in this world again, for years to come.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
So. How is this as a game if you don't really care about cat culture aren't really into/kinda put off by internet cat/doggo obsession. That's not to say I dislike cats, just not into how extra it can be. Looking for a good adventure game.

Alex de Souza

Jul 14, 2022
So. How is this as a game if you don't really care about cat culture aren't really into/kinda put off by internet cat/doggo obsession. That's not to say I dislike cats, just not into how extra it can be. Looking for a good adventure game.
I never had a cat. I always had a dog.
I am absolutely loving everything about the game. I think it's a work of art.
I want to have a cat now lol

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
This game sounds great at letting you be a cat, which is mostly what I wanted lol. Trying to decide if I should get it full price or wait till it drops by $10 or something.