• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which show will you stream first?

• Stranger Things Season 4

Votes: 367 39.3%
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi

Votes: 568 60.7%

• Total voters

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
While I prefer full-season drops (even the likes of Amazon and Hulu still do it for shows that aren't considered tentpoles), I can live with half-season drops becoming the new normal for Netflix if it has broadened its analysis of engagement data accordingly and is looking beyond just the number of binge views within the first few weeks.

However, it's more likely that Netflix has learned nothing from slower-burn success stories like Ted Lasso and will continue to be frustratingly trigger-happy.

Edit: To answer the thread title, neither on May 27th, but I will be watching Obi-Wan before Stranger Things S04, as the season finale airs the week before the release of the latter's back half.

Last edited:

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
It's Star Wars, so I'll pass until I'm doing something and can have it on in the background. I'm over the franchise.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Episodes are weekly for Obi Wan, so I'll watch the first episode of that and then as many of Stranger Things as I can.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Obi-Wan only because it's one episode and done for the day and Stranger Things is a binge watch so I need more time for it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Obi Wan because it's only two episodes, I'll be done with Stranger Things S4 before the next episode of Obi Wan comes out.

Last edited:

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Obi Wan is dropping the first two episodes so I'll clear that off before I binge ST4

EDIT: literally everyone thinks the way I do, we truly are a hive mind!

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Obi Wan.

Haven't even finished ST3. Dunno, just lost interest along the way and never came around finishing it.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Neither, I'll wait until Obi is done and sub to watch the whole thing probs

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
The correct choice is returning back to the Danger Zone.

FR2T-sKVEAAtkXR
This is the answer

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Is stranger things dropping the entire season in 1 day?

If so I'll watch what's available of Obi-Wan and then go and binge stranger things.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be giving Star Wars any more time for the foreseeable future, so ST4 based on the poll.

But the real answer is Top Gun: Maverick.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Obi Wan.
I loved previous seasons of Stranger Things, but it became a little repetitive. Will watch new season too, but Obi Wan is first.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan more but I'm going to go with Stranger Things because I'll be able to watch multiple episodes that day.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
obi wan is like 1 hour that day stragner things is guaranteed to be at least 4-5 hours gonna be good

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bad weather day, Stranger Things, moderate weather day, Obi Wan, glorious day, neither 😀 I like cosy watching.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
I've had more fun watching Stranger Things then any of the Star Wars or MCU show, so pretty easy choice here.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
I can watch all of Stranger Things, so that. I hate week to week shit anymore. I'll probably wait until Kenobi is finished before watching any of it.

Edit: Stranger Things isn't full season either? Might not watch either right away then.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Not terribly excited by either but I'll go with Obi-Wan, since I'm done with Stranger Things for life.

Cheap reason : season 3. After all the paranormal shit that happened in this town, you're gonna try to make us believe
a gigantic russian military complex managed to be built below the town ?
(My memories are a bit fuzzy, I hope I'm not inventing or misremembering this)

Real reason : remove all the 80's nostalgia and you're left with a really subpar show.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
First two episodes of Obi-Wan on Friday night, then binge watch Stranger Things S4: Part 1 over the weekend. ❤️

Oct 25, 2017
Kenobi is weekly, season 4 of Stranger Things will drop all at once. So, first 2 eps of Kenobi first, then binge Stranger Things. I'm personally more excited for Kenobi as I felt each season of Stranger Things was worse than the last. Feels like I've been waiting an eternity to see Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen reprise their roles, nostalgia is powerful.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
How many episodes will drop for Obi-Wan?

But will likely be doing Stranger Things, first.

Edit: Ok, looks like 2 episodes.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Stranger Things.
I hate Disney's weekly model, I'm not paying for video on demand for it to be video dictated by the megacorporation to its docile slaves, so I'm probably just going to wait until everything is on there before watching Obi Wan. Yes I mad.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
ST.

I kind of know how Obi is going to end.

I know how ST is going to end, too. We learn nothing new about anything, all the characters almost but not quite express their feelings for each other, the season ends on a cliffhanger as the group splits up Because Of Reasons, and the Duffer Brothers continue to stall for time while they figure out what the hell any of the supernatural shit in this show means or even is, as they haven't provided any further information about it since the third episode of the series.

I'll watch Obi-Wan first.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Stranger Things.
I hate Disney's weekly model, I'm not paying for video on demand for it to be video dictated by the megacorporation to its docile slaves, so I'm probably just going to wait until everything is on there before watching Obi Wan. Yes I mad.

Well you would have to do the same with ST as well then since it is split in two with the last 4 episodes dropping on 1 July. A week after Obi-Wan ends its season.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
Damn. I've been putting off stranger things season 3. So gonna start with obi, although it's only one episode

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Probably Obi-Wan, because I can watch that one with my kiddo and he's a massive Star Wars fan. I'll watch ST4 after he's gone to bed.

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Fucking hell.

Top Gun, Obi-Wan and Stranger Things all on the same day?!?

Well fuck me.

I'll watch them in that order.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know people will lap up anything with "Star Wars" printed on it but I'm honestly pretty shocked at these poll results

Ashok

Jan 24, 2019
Obi-Wan because I really need a new series with a good plot. Stranger Things is one of those wierd shows where everything about the show is fine minus the story.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'll watch Obi at the first opportunity and probably save Stranger Things to binge when I have a larger block of time to devote to it.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I got my fill on what stranger things was going for like halfway through season 2. and as much as I don't like star wars that much anymore I guess I would say I'm a little excited for that compared to not at all for stranger things

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Something something everything Netflix does now is bad because I can't detach at least a little but the streaming platform the show.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I have zero interest in ObiWan.

Wake me when there's a new SW series that isn't retreading nostalgia with old characters.