• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
As some have said, I think Season 4 had some of the series highest highs and lowest lows. Season 1 is still king for me but it's between 3 and 4 for second place, but I think I'd still give it to 3. Season 1 still has the best sense of horror but on the flip side, Season 3 does a really good job at being a more light-hearted, colorful adventure. It felt like a pop music video at times.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
As some have said, I think Season 4 had some of the series highest highs and lowest lows. Season 1 is still king for me but it's between 3 and 4 for second place, but I think I'd still give it to 3. Season 1 still has the best sense of horror but on the flip side, Season 3 does a really good job at being a more light-hearted, colorful adventure. It felt like a pop music video at times.
Season 3 is the season that was most in your face about being in the 80s.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Get out them binoculars

CzieP1d.jpg

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm still blown away by this fourth season. Like it's so rare for something to be so GOOD and also have a profound effect on popular culture. Like really I know the creators know what they're doing but there's no way they could have foreseen the impact of their work.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I haven't really watched Stranger things since S1 but I'm loving seeing all these badass fan remixes of old Kate Bush songs popping up on my Spotify release radar all of a sudden.

youtu.be

Running Up That Hill

Provided to YouTube by SoundropRunning Up That Hill · RichaadEB · AnnapantsuRunning Up That Hill℗ 2022 RichaadEBReleased on: 2022-07-21Lyricist: Kate BushCom...

vv1jCem.gif

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
You know, I haven't really watched Stranger things since S1 but I'm loving seeing all these badass fan remixes of old Kate Bush songs popping up on my Spotify release radar all of a sudden.

youtu.be

Running Up That Hill

Provided to YouTube by SoundropRunning Up That Hill · RichaadEB · AnnapantsuRunning Up That Hill℗ 2022 RichaadEBReleased on: 2022-07-21Lyricist: Kate BushCom...

vv1jCem.gif

View: https://streamable.com/sn7b73

www.youtube.com

Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (Remix) | Stranger Things Season 4

🎵 Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (Remix) | Stranger Things Season 4For more quality music subscribe here ➡️https://youtube.com/channel/UCfQlQpnheyM00QCHqv...

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
What a season! Finally caught up. The emotional stakes just brought this season to a stellar one. The Duffers are also masters at tension.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Watching through 5th ep now. But boy the ending of episode 4. Wow. Now I get what the Kate Bush hubbub was about.

Gaius Cassius

Oct 28, 2017
Oregon
So, who the hell is gonna look after El now that Brenner and the entire government agency who trained her are now dead? One nice touch I liked about that faction was even the MP's guarding the bunker appeared to be people who had worked in Hawkins lab originally (survivors of the demogorgon attack of season 2 I guess?!) I know that middle aged lady and some agents are still in Hawkins last we saw, but literally everyone that had knowledge of how to train her is gone now.

What happened to the psycho Army Colonel dude anyway? He just gave up after that bit in the desert? I almost see the show having some scary scenes that will be homage to 1980s The Blob where monsters are wiping people out on the town square while the army fails to protect anyone.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So, who the hell is gonna look after El now that the Brenner and the entire government agency who trained her are dead? I know that middle aged lady and some agents are still in Hawkins last we saw, but literally everyone that had knowledge of how to train her is gone now.

What happened to the psycho Army Colonel dude anyway? He just gave up after that bit in the desert? I almost see the show having some scary scenes that will be homage to 1980s The Blob where monsters are wiping people out on the town square while the army fails to protect anyone.

We don't know if Owens is dead, and the colonel probably just hasn't caught up with her yet.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
So, who the hell is gonna look after El now that the Brenner and the entire government agency who trained her are dead? I know that middle aged lady and some agents are still in Hawkins last we saw, but literally everyone that had knowledge of how to train her is gone now.

I'd figure there will be competing military factions again. Remember, the psycho guy was acting covertly. He can't just do that again now that Hawkins has all the attention again.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
That was way better than S2 or S3 but I would have paid money to get the version of this season with half the runtime and the entire Russia/Hobbs Storyline removed. Was really, really bored at times.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
That was way better than S2 or S3 but I would have paid money to get the version of this season with half the runtime and the entire Russia/Hobbs Storyline removed. Was really, really bored at times.
Oh man, I loved the Russian storyline. It was also a nice break from the craziness in Hawkins.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I wish we could just buy seasons of this show somewhere. Maybe Netflix will eventually cave once they lose more subscribers.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
So far, my rankings.

S1>S3>S4>S2

Season 2 was just weird with that aside in the city lol. Like, what was that lol.

But they were all good. The only thing that brought down S4 for me was Finn's storyline. It was meandering.

Catilio

Nov 7, 2017
This was a slog.

Awful pace, very useless stories (c'mon, there were WAY better ways to keep Hopper alive), too much exposition, El -once again- need reassurance from a male figure to let her know she is the goat, even after regaining her powers. Eddie's death, useless. The whole "don't step on the vines" REALLY!?!?!.

I t had its moment, but for me it was the lowest of all the seasons. Like, you could concentrate the whole story in maybe three good episodes.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Conditional-Pancakes So I finished "Runaway Max" I thought it was good!!! There are some intense content warnings considering her homelife with Billy and Neil. But it basically is season 2 from her perspective, along with plenty of other additional scenes. What a great character.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
www.avclub.com

Joseph Quinn says his Eddie Munson role helped him evade airport jail

The Stranger Things actor told Jimmy Fallon he "very nearly didn't make it" into the country for his appearance on The Tonight Show
"I very nearly didn't make it," Quinn said of his journey to The Tonight Show for his talk show debut. "I was taken into, I guess what you could call it more of a dungeon. And I was asked to wait there for about 20 minutes and then I was summoned to this desk where someone asked me, 'What are you doing in the United States, sir?' I said, 'I'm actually here to meet Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show. And he didn't believe me."
"One of his colleagues looked over at him, looked at me, and said: 'Leave Eddie alone!'" Quinn said. "And then [the colleague] said, 'It's Eddie from Stranger Things,' and he was like, 'You're Eddie Munson?' He asked, 'Do you come back next season?' I was like, 'I don't know,' and he said, 'You better,' and gave me my passport."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uookwKDmtzU
www.youtube.com

Joseph Quinn Performs Eddie Munson's Stranger Things Monologue Using Different Accents (Extended)

Joseph Quinn talks about almost missing his talk show debut and his character, Eddie Munson, playing "Master of Puppets" by Metallica in Stranger Things befo...

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
So finally renewed my Netflix sub and got around to watching this and... holy shit this was overly long. Both the episodes and the season felt super drawn out. I'm not talking about "filler" or anything, just felt way too long overall, like they wanted to do too much in one season, and they had no one to tell them to cut out some fat.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to post that Joe/Metallica video. Fucking bad-ass man.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
It's a neat thing but I have to wonder if Joe Quinn even cares much about Metallica at all lol. Eddie is just a character and the actor didn't grow up in the 80s, you know?

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any chance that they explore #8 in Season 5? Because that whole side-story just feels like SUCH a waste. We are rewatching S2 now, and I can't stop wondering what the they were thinking.

I'm confused by this, didn't Vecna kill them all before he was sent to the downs? Unless these kids are different ones which wouldn't make sense because El escaped when she was very young and she sent vecna pretty much arround the same time…

May 14, 2021
Finally watched the season. Wow. Yes it was bloated here and there, but that was masterful tv making. I haven't seen anything on any streaming service that really comes close. So sad about Eddie. Shoulda killed Argyle instead.

Having Lucas read The Talisman to Max was *chefs kiss*

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
This was a slog.

Awful pace, very useless stories (c'mon, there were WAY better ways to keep Hopper alive), too much exposition, El -once again- need reassurance from a male figure to let her know she is the goat, even after regaining her powers. Eddie's death, useless. The whole "don't step on the vines" REALLY!?!?!.

I t had its moment, but for me it was the lowest of all the seasons. Like, you could concentrate the whole story in maybe three good episodes.
But then On the other end spending time with the characters allowed us to connect with them more imo like 3 episodes dealing with max's trauma and where she's at before the vecna twist in ep4 makes the emotional stakes that much greater during that episode.

I'm glad the show took that approach it would have been so easy to fast track it and bullet point it almost like GOT S8 They done the right thing here imo

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
So far, my rankings.

S1>S3>S4>S2

Season 2 was just weird with that aside in the city lol. Like, what was that lol.

But they were all good. The only thing that brought down S4 for me was Finn's storyline. It was meandering.
S1>S4 Hawkins plot>S3>S4 Russian plot>S2>S4 California/Nevada plot

Season 4 feels so disconnected that it's impossible for me to think of it as a single piece. It's three different seasons of television playing out simultaneously, with drastic differences in quality.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
S1>S4 Hawkins plot>S3>S4 Russian plot>S2>S4 California/Nevada plot

Season 4 feels so disconnected that it's impossible for me to think of it as a single piece. It's three different seasons of television playing out simultaneously, with drastic differences in quality.
I can get behind that ranking. Without splitting up S4 I would still put it after S1 because that Hawkins plot is just SO GOOD. But the season is definitely weighed down by it feeling like they had no idea what to do with half the cast.

GameOver

Jan 26, 2021
I really liked that they kept the big cast separated into groups.

All the subplots converging at the end was awesome.