• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
The @strangerwriters twitter is definitely official - they keep posting fun BTS pics from set! - but @StrangerNews11 definitely seems like a fan twitter. There's not gonna be any marketing collateral for S5 any time soon, I'm sure.

Hmm... Maybe I'm mistaken, I don't know. But if it's only a fan account, they are privy to some pretty exact release dates and various other info before anyone else. I really thought it was a marketing account operated by Netflix. But maybe not.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone have any clue if there are plans to release Season 3 in the 4K UHD format? I assumed they'd do it alongside Season 4's release as promotion of some sort, but I don't think they have yet.

It bums me out quite a bit because I love my Seasons 1 and 2 4k UHD sets that are themed to look like VHS tapes, and I really would have loved to collect the entire series that way.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... Maybe I'm mistaken, I don't know. But if it's only a fan account, they are privy to some pretty exact release dates and various info before anyone else. I really thought it was a marketing account operated by Netflix. But maybe not.

The other official ST twitter accounts are all blue-check Verified:

Now @strangernews11 could potentially be a Netflix staffer working an absolutely absurd amount of overtime for free, but my guess is that it's an extremely dedicated fan.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just rewatched the Eddie guitar scene - god DAMN even better in a rewatch! I forgot just how many pivotal plot threads culminated around that at the same time, not just the characters in the upside-down.

Absolutely loved this season. While I do wish there was less separation between the characters, I was still into everything going on (even the Russia stuff), and the way they weaved everything together in the end was just masterful. Especially the Vecna reveal in episode 7.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
The other official ST twitter accounts are all blue-check Verified:

Now @strangernews11 could potentially be a Netflix staffer working an absolutely absurd amount of overtime for free, but my guess is that it's an extremely dedicated fan.

lol! Yeah... :p

On another note, that picture of Max from the 'stranger writers' account is amazing!

Edit:
And so is this one.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it tonight.
I really liked that Kate Bush x Stranger Things Theme Remix.
The visuals are insane and I really enjoyed the episodes, I just didn't like the slow pacing of the story. The length of the last episode and the back and forth with everyone stuck until Eleven is defeating Vecna was just a bit to much to me. I'm actually looking forward the last season supposedly being shorter.
But overall really cool, my favorite Netflix Series. Though Season 3 will stay as my favorite season.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Definitely on the bolded part. Really, when it comes to handling a potential character death, rarely foreshadow it, do it that it makes sense for that character to die logically (rather than thematically), and let the cast be forced to move on and be in doubt the character's death as much as the audience. It's usually pretty hard to convincingly kill off a character, and it's even harder to make it count to a story's narrative.

In short, handle a fictional character's death like in real life. It should be unexpected, it can happen to anyone, and it's always irreversible.
Drama>verisimilitude

Deaths in stories should reinforce themes and end character arcs in a satisfying way. These aren't real people in a real world, they are constructs made to tell a story.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While S4 rekindled my love for the show, im so bored with the slomo 11 screaming (and slo mo scenes to let the music play). Shit would look so good if they could do a psychic battle without that shit.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Drama>verisimilitude

Deaths in stories should reinforce themes and end character arcs in a satisfying way. These aren't real people in a real world, they are constructs made to tell a story.

Agree to disagree, as I have a low tolerance towards how deaths are portrayed in modern media (both in television and novels) as while the character is coughing up blood on their death bed, they have enough time to deliver an long-winded empathetic speech, monologuing as that are trying to provoke pathos to the audience for 10 minutes before croaking.

Thankfully, Stranger Things mostly avoids this, but it's more the exception and not the rule.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I'm surprised we don't have a Dr. Brenner "It's happening" gif yet.

Here you go :)

fgJR5DG.gif

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad he didn't play Maiden instead. The Number of the Beast would have fit perfectly too.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Just finished watching this yesterday. Those two episodes went by fast despite how long they were. Really good pacing. Also.. man... why did it have to be Eddie...

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
One of my favorite bands is The Sword, (which is a more modern metal band heavily inspired by the likes of Black Sabbath that leans into fantasy themes) and I was listening to them on the road yesterday thinking "Damn…Eddie would have loved these guys." Lol
aw man, now I gotta do a deep dive back into The Sword. I miss them. Didn't really dig Low/High country at all but everything else is soooo fucking fun to listen to. Amazing live too, caught them in NY back in like 2009 and they were amazing.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I know it's fan art but DAMN do I hope Will has a big role or pivotal moment in the fight against Vecna in S5. Not counting Eleven obviously since she's basically the main character, he is still the most 'special' of the group with a connection to Vecna / the Upside Down. He deserves to get sweet, personal revenge for all Vecna's done to him.

The fact that the Upside Down was (assumingly) imprinted and frozen with Hawkins the day Will vanished probably guarantees he is a very important piece on the gameboard. Gosh I'm excited.

OP
OP
Conditional-Pancakes

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I know it's fan art but DAMN do I hope Will has a big role or pivotal moment in the fight against Vecna in S5. Not counting Eleven obviously since she's basically the main character, he is still the most 'special' of the group with a connection to Vecna / the Upside Down. He deserves to get sweet, personal revenge for all Vecna's done to him.

The fact that the Upside Down was (assumingly) imprinted and frozen with Hawkins the day Will vanished probably guarantees he is a very important piece on the gameboard. Gosh I'm excited.

I realy like the idea of the whole thing. Will deserves better.

Yeah, I thought it was a Netflix marketing account because of all the exclusives they have, but like the others said it's probably an account from very dedicated fans.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I think it would make sense to focus on Will in the next season. It started with him, he should finish it. And Noah has the acting chops to knock it out of the park.

Oct 29, 2017
aw man, now I gotta do a deep dive back into The Sword. I miss them. Didn't really dig Low/High country at all but everything else is soooo fucking fun to listen to. Amazing live too, caught them in NY back in like 2009 and they were amazing.

Yes! I caught one of their shows in 2018 before they split and I'm really glad I did. It's so hard to beat Warp Riders for me, but Age of Winters and Gods of the Earth are so incredible. All around so much fun, like ya said.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it would make sense to focus on Will in the next season. It started with him, he should finish it. And Noah has the acting chops to knock it out of the park.

Yup. Focus on Will and Max for the most part. Nancy can do her teen protagonist thing as always, but I think Dustin has had enough focus, he can take a slight backseat to the other two outside of helping plan major strategies.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, seems like this would make more sense even though Lucas clearly lost his popular jock appeal and nearly max, Max lost a hell of a lot more given Vecna is responsible for the monsters in seasons 1 - 3, losing Billy affected Max harder than anything the core has dealt with (excluding Will who has clearly lost quite a bit, hell you can argue losing Mike to El was a pretty big loss that's clearly affected him mentally). It's why Max is such a strong character for not being a main part of the group until season 3.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
I knew they would stick to their guns with only killing off side characters or single season one offs. Good season but damn this show is predictable sometimes

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if part of the resolution of the conflict will require somebody to go into the Upside Down and somehow pacify it. It seemed like it was a relatively chill place prior to Henry screwing everything up. Demogorgons just ignored him and the Mind Flayer was just hanging out being a cloud.