• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would more Gohan than Goku.

I call her Goku because a large chunk of most seasons is spent waiting for Eleven to show up and do the thing to stop the bad guy. But yeah, she's got a little bit of Gohan in her too. The core problem is that because she's the only one who can solve problems, a lot of every season is spent contriving reasons why she either isn't with the main group or can't do the thing yet.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How many hours until the episodes are on ? Netflix should have a countdown up for them...hype around here is nuts.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Week to week speculation isn't always good for a show.

You don't need the whole world, get a group of friends who will watch the show at the same pace as you and discuss it with them. If book clubs can do it, people who watch shows can. Most show speculation just ends with people angry that there ideal version of what should have happened didn't come true.

Disagree on both.

It's great for shows. I don't know what shows you're watching, but I also don't let some idiots on the web getting mad deter me from what most have a great time doing. I grew up on all the early WB shows like Buffy, Angel, Dawson's Creek - and later LOST. None of those work without week to week episodes and creating a fanbase. Shows rarely have fanbases now because they're there and then they're gone for a year in one day.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I have one episode left of my Stranger Things 4 rewatch. I'm having a wonderful time. Liking the Eleven plot more the second go around.

Also Conditional-Pancakes I'm a few chapters into the Robin book. I like it!! It feels very much like her. If I like it enough I'll grab the Max one next.

iHeartGameDev

Feb 22, 2019
I've watched "Dear Billy" 3 times now and every time I can't help but tear up. The combination of escalating music, friends begging her to come back, great acting by Sadie and overall message of dealing with guilt/depression just hits me hard every damn time.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I loathe him. He's a snotty little shit.

At least this season he gets called out for being an ass.
I can forgive most of the shittiness on Dustin's end since he's always punching up with Steve instead of his peers or Erika. Which also has a bit of a payback feeling with Steve having sort of doing the know-it-all big brother routine towards him in the past. Unlike Mike, I don't think his know-it-all routine is coming from as selfish of a headspace and is just taking an in-joke too far.

There does however need to be a more direct shutdown on his BS though, since even with the back and forth with Eddie and Steve it was still played off as ribbing while Dustin has been getting increasingly away from just ribbing and actually starting to cut.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Imma watch this when I get up to feed and let the dogs out. And sit and cry in the dark cold morning I assume.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can forgive most of the shittiness on Dustin's end since he's always punching up with Steve instead of his peers or Erika. Which also has a bit of a payback feeling with Steve having sort of doing the know-it-all big brother routine towards him in the past. Unlike Mike, I don't think his know-it-all routine is coming from as selfish of a headspace and is just taking an in-joke too far.

There does however need to be a more direct shutdown on his BS though, since even with the back and forth with Eddie and Steve it was still played off as ribbing while Dustin has been getting increasingly away from just ribbing and actually starting to cut.

I think what needs to happen is Dustin needs to be completely, unequivocally wrong about one of his theories instead of 100% correct or technically correct like he usually is. The dude is so used to being correct that it's making him a little full of himself.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't just wander back into this thread to see Dustin slander.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I think what needs to happen is Dustin needs to be completely, unequivocally wrong about one of his theories instead of 100% correct or technically correct like he usually is. The dude is so used to being correct that it's making him a little full of himself.
I'm worried that may happen and lead to someone's death. Pride goes before a fall.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Me @ this Dustin SLANDER

147c8f2c680d012b6a8e5e0fe96653bf.jpg

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope none of the main characters die. It's not that kind of show, I've said this over and over again but death to me really doesn't add anything to a show, it just limits what can be done with the characters. Please don't kill anyone T_T

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
it just hit me again that the finale is longer than Doctor Strange 2

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope none of the main characters die. It's not that kind of show, I've said this over and over again but death to me really doesn't add anything to a show, it just limits what can be done with the characters. Please don't kill anyone T_T

Jason can die. I don't think anybody will miss Elder Price: Murderboy Edition.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Just a heads up if you're on twitter or follow the ST reddit rumors are getting posted a lot. I'm going to try to stay off social media for a while.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I call her Goku because a large chunk of most seasons is spent waiting for Eleven to show up and do the thing to stop the bad guy. But yeah, she's got a little bit of Gohan in her too. The core problem is that because she's the only one who can solve problems, a lot of every season is spent contriving reasons why she either isn't with the main group or can't do the thing yet.
Should've given will some powers even if they're nowhere near eleven, he's been needing something after he was the victim of the upside down.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So one of the reasons I think there will be a timeline reset is because the world or town cannot end up finding out supernatural stuff is real, yet they will never accept that Eddy isn't guilty, so it feels like it will build up to something that is too big to not be wiped out.

But I could see Eight or Eleven using Eight-like powers alter what people see to hide something, such as faking Eddy's death.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So one of the reasons I think there will be a timeline reset is because the world or town cannot end up finding out supernatural stuff is real, yet they will never accept that Eddy isn't guilty, so it feels like it will build up to something that is too big to not be wiped out.

But I could see Eight or Eleven using Eight-like powers alter what people see to hide something, such as faking Eddy's death.

Eddie might just die and then that's the end of that. And who says the town can't find out supernatural stuff is real? The show ends next season.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Eddie might just die and then that's the end of that. And who says the town can't find out supernatural stuff is real? The show ends next season.
Yeah, if anything I'd be surprised if the town doesn't find out the supernatural stuff is real by the end of Part 2. Just seems like an inevitable next step to set up the final season IMO.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Midnight PACIFIC!?

Wife and I were toying with the idea of staying up for the episode drop, but nahhhh. East coasters can't hang.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Woooooooo
Let's get hyped for tomorrow 😎

They never did time travel fully in the series and Nancy did say the upside down is in the past so 👀
What if everyone that died came back 🤪

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also some of you are crazy for thinking Mike will die, he's on my list of no way in hell they kill this character