• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the actors (well, maybe next to Sadie Sink and Noah Schnapp!), Joseph Quinn has let a few teasers drop across interviews re: Eddie regarding Vol.2 and potentially S5. This is on the assumption he's telling the truth! I'll put them under a spoiler tag in case they are all true:

- Eddie doesn't have any scenes with Johnathan in S4, but he and Charlie Heaton are pushing for some next season.
- Eddie doesn't have many scenes with Joyce and Hopper, but he does have some. (I want 2am texts from Winona Ryder!)
- Quinn would love to come back for S5 if they'll have him.
- People have talked a lot since Vol.1 aired about Quinn mentioning that he'd love more scenes with Joe Keery/Steve in S5, but I can't find a source easily to verify. Maybe it's a YouTube interview?

Anyway, I guess we'll see when Vol.2 airs. I'm really surprised there haven't been any leaks. Netflix running a tight ship!

Oct 26, 2017
Mike dying would be the most interesting thing his character has done since s2, hell s1 tbh.

Certain characters would just feel wasted if they ended up killed now.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
For those saying Mike is boring, yes he is. He's a typical average teenager who acts like an actual teenager and does a good job with it. Not every character needs to be comic relief, struggling with relationships or have some batshit insane trauma. He's a grounded character with not much fuss and that's okay.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm TIRED OF ALL THE CONSTANT MIKE SLANDER AND I WON'T STAND FOR IT ANY LONGER YOU MARKS!!!

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
I'm only going to be able to watch Volume 2 tomorrow night, so I'm pretty much staying off the internet/social media the entire day.

Not taking any chances, I'm pumped!

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Will be at a festival the entire weeken so I will only be able to watch the new episodes on monday evening. God I hope I dont get spoilered.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Mike is much more bearable in 4 than he has ever been imo. Dude was such a little shit in earlier seasons.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just know I'll want to immediately binge the last two episodes the moment they come out but I think I'll do the first episode at noon and the final in the evening. Stranger Things works the best for me during the late hours.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be real with you - Steve's dead. I'm calling it. I saw him marked for death ever since he got caught with those bat things and the discussion of rabies and then the noticable cough he got when he found Eddie's house.

He's dead. He's probably going to die via heroic sacrifice, the signs are all there, and we'll never get to see him hanging out with Robin again 😭

I don't care for Jonathan.

He's too popular. I think he will just turn bad for S5 until the inevitable faceturn like Billy did (without dying this time)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The "weekly releases are better" thing just seems like another Era bubble.

or the only people who use clickbait polls are greedy fuckers.

Netflix is going to go weekly. Just watch. They can't afford anymore to dump entire seasons in one day and miss out on months of subs for big budget stuff.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Netflix is going to go weekly. Just watch. They can't afford anymore to dump entire seasons in one day and miss out on months of subs for big budget stuff.
I think they are toying with volumes first before going the traditional weekly drop. I know many NF fans who hate weekly episodes. Unfortunately, NF has trained their audience to anticipate Day 1 drops since 2008 or so.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For those saying Mike is boring, yes he is. He's a typical average teenager who acts like an actual teenager and does a good job with it. Not every character needs to be comic relief, struggling with relationships or have some batshit insane trauma. He's a grounded character with not much fuss and that's okay.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm TIRED OF ALL THE CONSTANT MIKE SLANDER AND I WON'T STAND FOR IT ANY LONGER YOU MARKS!!!

Apparently Mike is a hacker too 😏

May 10, 2018

I think like another poster mentioned they're going to stick with splitting certain shows into parts. They did it with Ozark and now Stranger Things.

I fully expect season 5 to be split into two volumes as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think like another poster mentioned they're going to stick with splitting certain shows into parts. They did it with Ozark and now Stranger Things.

I fully expect season 5 to be split into two volumes as well.

They've been very, very clear that Stranger Things won't go weekly. I imagine they may experiment with weekly drops for other shows in the future (some shows already get them, like GBBO/etc), but they've built an entire brand around bingeable content, and I don't think pivoting wholesale to weekly drops will work out for them when they're already losing a shitload of money and subscribers are practically looking for reasons to cancel their subs lately.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Is part 2 dropping at the same time worldwide? 3 AM eastern time?
We're doing a death pool at work and I need to know when the deadline is for submissions/changes 🤔

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I think they are toying with volumes first before going the traditional weekly drop. I know many NF fans who hate weekly episodes. Unfortunately, NF has trained their audience to anticipate Day 1 drops since 2008 or so.

yeah but there are so many streaming services now that people are used to different types of drops. Hulu does both dumps and weekly, and Apple TV+ does weekly, and so does HBO.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Death speculation:
I think Steve will die
Eddie will sacrifice himself but will be vague enough that he can return next season
Many townsfolk will die including rhe jocks and some of the kids parents, killed by Vecna

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
yeah but there are so many streaming services now that people are used to different types of drops. Hulu does both dumps and weekly, and Apple TV+ does weekly, and so does HBO.
At the end of the day I don't think it matters how it's dropped as long as it's good has a hook and looks interesting people will sub for it to watch

They will go the weekly route eventually but definitely not with stranger things there's no point now the whole show has been done in one drop the show is made as a long form movie type storytelling anyways each season has a clear beginning ,middle and end you can tell it's made with that binge type viewing in mind

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Mike is a believable teenager.

He's just a shitty friend.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
At the end of the day I don't think it matters how it's dropped as long as it's good has a hook and looks interesting people will sub for it to watch

They will go the weekly route eventually but definitely not with stranger things there's no point now the whole show has been done in one drop the show is made as a long form movie type storytelling anyways each season has a clear beginning ,middle and end you can tell it's made with that binge type viewing in mind

yeah I didn't mean ST. I'm talking about in general Netflix. I feel like weekly is always better because it allows episodes to simmer and people to discuss. With dumps, some people may have only watched one episode while others may be completely done all in one day.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
yeah I didn't mean ST. I'm talking about in general Netflix. I feel like weekly is always better because it allows episodes to simmer and people to discuss. With dumps, some people may have only watched one episode while others may be completely done all in one day.

I think the problem with weekly drops is that they can lead to fatigue, and they also lead to fan theorizing getting completely out of control.

Look at how irresponsible the D+ Marvel fandom is. Every single show Marvel puts out, the fan theories run wild with Mephistoing, and then everyone gets pissed off at the finale when their theories don't pay off.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I also tend to drop off of shows in weekly format, my attention usually goes to something else and I lose interest in continuing a particular show.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018

You are so brave for saying this. And honestly I agree.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
a3ffb5a2389564877c9b5a4c854463f971f24899.gifv

Volume 2.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I think the problem with weekly drops is that they can lead to fatigue, and they also lead to fan theorizing getting completely out of control.

Look at how irresponsible the D+ Marvel fandom is. Every single show Marvel puts out, the fan theories run wild with Mephistoing, and then everyone gets pissed off at the finale when their theories don't pay off.

Not quite following. TV has been weekly from the inception up until like 2010 and it worked fine. Theorizing is good. And if you don't want to participate, you don't have to.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the current part of the season after chipping away and that was great. I was sorr of feeling neutral about the season prior to it airing despite enjoying the previous ones, especially seeing the episode lengths, but it hooked me again pretty quickly. Probably the strongest season outside of the first one, even without the final two episodes.

Though even if the episode length never really bothered me they definitely could have trimmed it down. The Russia subplot has been sort of whatever, especially with it being in this weird isolated corner of the show. Or the parts with the government hunting down Eleven didn't need multiple scenes of trying to get information from some guy we don't know. Just make up some offscreen reason on how they found it when they inevitably storm the facility.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite following. TV has been weekly from the inception up until like 2010 and it worked fine. Theorizing is good. And if you don't want to participate, you don't have to.

My point is that some shows are well-made for weekly drops and some aren't. Not every show benefits from weekly breaks between episodes and some actively suffer for it.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
My point is that some shows are well-made for weekly drops and some aren't. Not every show benefits from weekly breaks between episodes and some actively suffer for it.

Heartily disagree. You can always save up all the episodes and binge them, but you can't have the entire world wait week to week to have time to speculate with them.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Heartily disagree. You can always save up all the episodes and binge them, but you can't have the entire world wait week to week to have time to speculate with them.
You don't need the whole world, get a group of friends who will watch the show at the same pace as you and discuss it with them. If book clubs can do it, people who watch shows can. Most show speculation just ends with people angry that there ideal version of what should have happened didn't come true.