• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
Finished it a couple of days ago.
Gotta say, I'm really disappointed with this season. The characters seemed like parodies of themselves. Its like the creators took fan favorite moments and blew them up to a point of not being believable.

Steve connected with Dustin last season, so now they are best friends.
Karen had that funny flirt with Billy, and now they consider having an affair.

Thats not to mention Russians managing to build a GIGANTIC base under the town... like how is this in any shape or form realistic?

I don't know. Everything seemed stretched too far in a way S1 and S2 wasn't.
Not bad, but a far fall from previous seasons.
Nope

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Can we all agree that the entire Back to the Future sequence was incredible? The use of Silvestri's score and mimicking the moments on screen to that from BTTF were amazing (The walkie talkie being out of battery vs the delorean not starting when Marty is at the starting line was perfect).

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Effects were pretty great. The monster was extremely grotesque and did its job of grossing me the fuck out.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
Episode 3 was incredible. Absolutely insanely good.
High point of the season for me, I think the slow build-up of the first 2 episodes and then everything hitting you at once really is what nailed it down. Definitely one of my favourites in the series although I need to rewatch the lot in the next while.

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
this shit was FIRE all the way through, might be my fav season tbh

finale had me legit bawling, i love these characters so much

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the season and I liked it. It definitely had some wheel-spinning, illogical moments, and occasionally silly writing, but so did the first two seasons. This was never a super tightly written show. I will say that Hopper was way too annoying though.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
Having a fun time but the dialogue and acting is a bit hammy at certain moments. It does kind of seem like there's a bit of flanderization going on; you can tell they've tried to capitalize on the character beats that were popular from the previous seasons. Overall still an exciting ride, but man, some of those line deliveries make me grimace a bit.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That crushing feeling when it dawns on you that there is no new Stranger Things for 18-24 months.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I initially missed the Carpenteresque feel of the first season, but as the season progressed I just accepted the wild tonal swings and increasingly goofy plot. It's just a wonderfully fun show to watch if you take it for what it is instead of focusing on what it isn't. The duet in the last episode was both adorable and fun, but the standout scene was the one in the bathroom stalls. Steve is the best character.
I just love how his heart is ever so slightly broken, and instead of focusing on himself he just shrugs it off and proceeds to lift his in that moment very vulnerable friend up in an as non-awkward way as possible.

And no, it's not awkward.

Robin was a stand out new character, and immediately just blended in with a big ensemble cast. I loved her. But yeah, that clip is pretty awful. That's what happens when you try to artificially construct a meme.

Last edited:

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Finished it last night, I was extremely pleased just like after S1 and S2. Shout out to Billy, his performance was great this season.

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked it. Was still enough horror, even with the added humor. And Grigori as the Terminator style dude was fantastic. The shot in episode...three? Where you saw his sideways silhouette as he was shooting his gun? Major Schwarzenegger with a minigun vibes.

Spoiler about Hopper and Joyce.
Why didn't Hopper just run up to Joyce to help her turn the key?! Would've taken him five seconds! And they could've gone on their date together. What are the odds he's actually the captive American in the epilogue? Slim to none right? Then again, why mention an American?

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
That crushing feeling when it dawns on you that there is no new Stranger Things for 18-24 months.

I was under the impression that they had planned to shoot seasons 3 and 4 together as the kids are aging fast. I guess that didn't happen in the end. It's a shame we will have to wait so long but the additional time for production on season 3 was really worthwhile.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that they had planned to shoot seasons 3 and 4 together as the kids are aging fast. I guess that didn't happen in the end. It's a shame we will have to wait so long but the additional time for production on season 3 was really worthwhile.

Yeah I believe they commence principal photography on S4 this fall. At this point it's a question whether they can fast track it to hit end of 2020, or if it hits spring 2021.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really liked it. Was still enough horror, even with the added humor. And Grigori as the Terminator style dude was fantastic. The shot in episode...three? Where you saw his sideways silhouette as he was shooting his gun? Major Schwarzenegger with a minigun vibes.

Why didn't Hopper just run up to Joyce to help her turn the key?! Would've taken him five seconds! And they could've gone on their date together. What are the odds he's actually the captive American in the epilogue? Slim to none right? Then again, why mention an American?

Oh it's totally him. It's way too on the nose for it not to be, which itself raises a lot of questions such as:

Was Hopper stuck inside the Upside Down for up to three months before the Russians found him and took him back to their hidden facility back in Russia?

We know the Russians have a Demagorgon, which means they can open a gate in Russia to the Upside Down, but does that mean they're working with the Mindflayer now? Or is it currently unaware of what's going on in Russia?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

He literally couldn't run back up there. When he smashed the General into the device, it started shooting out electricity in a circular wall cutting him off from the exits to the room. The only place he could have gone was through the gate.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I finished it this morning. Was a tale of two halves for me. First half is meh while the 2nd is. Takes way too long for things to get going and everybody to come together.

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno the little black girls name, but fuck she was annoying as shit.

Axe her from the next season please or atleast change her personality.

Overall good season though.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_pu625tx5kI1vuodowo1_r1_540.gif

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
While she looks a great deal like her mother, it's crazy how much Maya Hawke sounds like her. There's times when you could close your eyes and just hear Uma Thurman.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017

Overall good season though.
Agree. Her always angry, always cursing persona got real old, real quick. Tone down the attitude and you've got yourself a decent character.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Finally finished it and thought it was the best season. Good shit. I must've missed something in the end though.
the American they have in the cell is that Russian interpreter guy right? Name escapes me. Bald Eagle! Lmao
While she looks a great deal like her mother, it's crazy how much Maya Hawke sounds like her. There's times when you could close your eyes and just hear Uma Thurman.
Hoooooly shit did not know who that actress was. Wild. I thought Maya did great! Love Robin and her character.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished.

That was ... entertaining unlike S2 which was boring, but that's it. Interesting direction/presentation ideas but the plot and characters are dumber than before, sometimes so dumb that it was hard to care.

The cast is too large, it would be better to slash it in order to focus on deeper and/or more believable leads. Most of them have become insufferable assholes, repetitive caricatures or completely useless.

I still like the show as a whole but I'm expecting more from Netflix's next flagship series.

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the season and I liked it. It definitely had some wheel-spinning, illogical moments, and occasionally silly writing, but so did the first two seasons. This was never a super tightly written show. I will say that Hopper was way too annoying though.

Yeah, I was having a discussion about this season and a friend was complaining about how long it took to connect the adults back up with the kids... and I had to remind him that the first season literally had Joyce and Hopper go to the secret base, get detained, and then released to stall things for two more episodes.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. Didn't cry in S1 or S2, no need. But Jesus this season broke me man. My GOD!!! I cried so much in the last episode. This was better than S1 or on par with S1. It was soooo much better than S2 which i still loved.

My man Billy!!!

I really wish we dont have to wait 2 years for S4. They did so many good things in this season.

I cant see how they will top this season.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really enjoyed this season from episode 3 ½ till episode 6, weirdly didn't like the last two episode that much. While i enjoyed Robin, as a new character, they kinda ruined Hopper. Suddenly he became just an annoying, yelling asshole, for whatever reason?

The last scene with him dying did nothing for me, cause he has been so annoying for 8 Episodes...

S1 >>> S3 > S2

Nov 21, 2017
Is it just me but are wondering why the show has not been officially renewed yet for season 4? Netflix boasted about the viewing numbers recently. That would have been a perfect time to announce it.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me but are wondering why the show has not been officially renewed yet for season 4? Netflix boasted about the viewing numbers recently. That would have been a perfect time to announce it.

Netflix always stealth renews shows and then announces the official renewal around 1-2 months after the season premieres. The show has been renewed for a fourth season, pre-production began a couple months ago and filming is supposed to start in the fall. Expect an official announcement around September.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Two end of season questions:

1) Why did Jonathan go...isn't he 18?
2) Who is Max staying with? Doesn't she have no parents/no one over 18?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two end of season questions:

1) Why did Jonathan go...isn't he 18?
2) Who is Max staying with? Doesn't she have no parents/no one over 18?

1. Jonathan and Nancy are rising seniors in the fall of 85, so Jonathan still has another year of high school left

2. Max's mom and stepdad are still alive, they were never flayed