• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
The hell is going on with lord Nomura, he used to make great and disgusting characters but they were never boring, these ones are straight up garbage, they seem like some WWE CAW mode creations

AnimeAvatar

Apr 28, 2021
This game seems like it was designed specifically to piss off people who go on here and I love it. I unironically love early/mid 2000's edge so this is right up my alley.

MoogleMaestro

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody mentioning, bland designs aside, how none of them look like any of the characters from FF1...

Sqenix, what the hell!

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god for this game honestly.

giphy.gif

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
yeah... as if lightning wasnt the most popular FF protagonist or something.
Yeah, she was popular (and lets ignore all the hate she got that was full of thinly veiled misogyny), and since then.... we've had Final Fantasy XV, the first game in the series that had set characters that has an all male party and did not have playable a single female character, and was very "bro"-y in its depiction ofwomen, to the point where Tabata during an Active Time Report said somethign to the effect of "if people want female characters why are they upset at Cidny Aurum the incredibly sexualised mechanic that's there literally for eye candy and for prompto to creep on". And XIV, that features a character creator, but focuses its CG trailers on the everyone's favourite male Hyur Midlander. And XVI which from what we can tell features a single playable character, a really angry dude on a revenge quest. And then we have Stranger of Paradise FFO, which features a single playable character, a really angry dude on a quest to murder CHAOS, and all male party.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
Nioh and Nioh 2 were both well-received games, I get that the voice actor is not great, and his grunt sounds are really strange to hear (which could probably be fixed) - I'm not sure why people would expect this to be terrible, if their last game was Nioh 2. Seems like it might be a pretty solid game once all the hate fest blows over.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Hey. We at Square hear you, you don't like our women character designs. In the past, we've been criticized for the women in our games being little more than plot devices wearing bikini armor. Due to this feedback, we have decided to now put zero women in our newest game, Stranger's Paradise. Nomura-san has taken great care to make the men in our game look as masculine as possible, except for the comic relief of course!

What's that? Hire women to draw and design our characters or even write our stories? That's ridic-

We will not be taking any further feedback at this time. Thank you.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
So watching this trailer finally, strikes me as everything wrong with video games 10 years ago in tone lol. Like I thought we were past this kind of try-hard edginess, but alas.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So I can't play the FF Origin demo because it crashes on launch lmaooooo

Square pls come to your senses and just cancel this trash.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Well the official description for the game questions whether these are really the Warriors of Light

I think what you note in your post is probably a hint that they aren't the real Warriors of Light from FF1
Sus. Amogus.

FF1 is pretty light on other possible characters, real warriors got switched with the bois and are having a crazy adventure in the modern world like trying to get a glowing sword past the TSA.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The protagonist coming back to Walmart asking to see Chaos at the end of the game when he is thrown back to the real world and still didn't manage to kill him

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
My biggest issue with this game is that the way people were describing this game before it was announced was a Souls-like game. Beyond that, I was anticipating a character creation system with classic FF classes, but perhaps more grim dark in tone. I was also hoping there would be an open world, but I wasn't counting on it. What this basically amounts to is a Ninja Gaiden game, with all the angst and difficulty that the series has traditionally been about.

Thorakai

Oct 27, 2017
Square needs some major re-structuring of whatever quality assurance processes they have in place. How do go ahead and publish Balan Wonderworld and follow that up with games like FF Origin and Babylon's Fall?

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Combat looks fun which is all I care about. Looking forward to trying the demo.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
That trailer was atrocious. A friend and I were chatting online while we watched the show and we just kept spamming CHAOS to each other halfway through. Such juvenile writing...

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square needs some major re-structuring of whatever quality assurance processes they have in place. How do go ahead and publish Balan Wonderworld and follow that up with games like FF Origin and Babylon's Fall?
It seems like their internal teams have been doing okay. But their collaborations and publishing efforts have mostly shit the bed.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, she was popular (and lets ignore all the hate she got that was full of thinly veiled misogyny), and since then.... we've had Final Fantasy XV, the first game in the series that had set characters that has an all male party and did not have playable a single female character, and was very "bro"-y in its depiction ofwomen, to the point where Tabata during an Active Time Report said somethign to the effect of "if people want female characters why are they upset at Cidny Aurum the incredibly sexualised mechanic that's there literally for eye candy and for prompto to creep on". And XIV, that features a character creator, but focuses its CG trailers on the everyone's favourite male Hyur Midlander. And XVI which from what we can tell features a single playable character, a really angry dude on a revenge quest. And then we have Stranger of Paradise FFO, which features a single playable character, a really angry dude on a quest to murder CHAOS, and all male party.
FfXIV is Alisae and Alphinaud's game. Our warriors of light are just lucky to tag along.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
My biggest issue with this game is that the way people were describing this game before it was announced was a Souls-like game. Beyond that, I was anticipating a character creation system with classic FF classes, but perhaps more grim dark in tone. I was also hoping there would be an open world, but I wasn't counting on it. What this basically amounts to is a Ninja Gaiden game, with all the angst and difficulty that the series has traditionally been about.
According to one of the official descriptions out there, it does seem like FF Jobs feature in this somehow.