• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
They really had Garland getting his face beat in like this LMAO

E3ygPUqX0Ak4J7w

Oct 25, 2017
Man, remember how colorful the world of the original Final Fantasy was?

It's hilarious that Dissidia of all games was more respectful of the source material than this.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura can still come up with really good designs - see the KH mobile games.

Idk what happened

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
If there wasn't garland/chaos in there, you couldn't convince me it's final fantasy at all....

Considering there's timetravel, i really hope we'll see more interesting design along the way cause damn, it looks so boring...

YOu have a full final fantasy bestiary to use, go crazy with it dammit, what we seen is so meeeeh

I do like the black character design, but the rest, oof

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. Not over a spinoff not living up to expectations over its first trailer.
GaaS Babylon's Fall for PS3 ? Balan Wonderland ? Marvel ? Handling of classics ala the announced FF games ? I mean Chrono Trigger is not available on modern systems either.

Don't know what they are smoking over there.

Alovon11

Jan 8, 2021
Man, remember how colorful the world of the original Final Fantasy was?

It's hilarious that Dissidia of all games was more respectful of the source material than this.
What if the whole game is in the mind of Chaos/the guy who would become Chaos?

And that is why everything looks sort of off relative to FF1's Style/Era?
(Seriously, why is everyone wearing T-Shirts and stuff in a time period that should be the pre-mideval/fantasy style world of FF1)

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I've been cool with Nomura for years but i finally think it's time to kick his ass into the retirement home. I cannot BELIEVE these are the designs he came up with for a game set in FF1's world
Yeah... it's the most uninspired I've seen from him. Seriously, look at the concept art for FFI. You can go wild with it, we would love it. Instead, we got...whatever the fuck this is

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The dialogue shown in this trailer is so comically edgy, it makes WH40k dialogue look measured and subtle.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Even Nomura's ott Batman designs would have been better than this. At least they had personality...

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if anyone saw the press release, but by "soon" they meant the demo is out today.

Oct 30, 2017
410bf48d9ac50d55a239a4759a30b9eb.jpg

I can't believe Tetsuya Nomura is the character design... like... he designed one of the most iconic looking characters in the whole industry... what has happened here ?!

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
1. What year is it? This brought me back to 2005

2. This can't be the real trailer

3. ???

4. Profit

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
"We're the Three Heroes of Light!"
"Aren't there supposed to be 4..."
::Kicks Chaos in the crotch::

Oct 25, 2017
From the publisher that brought you

The Quiet Man, Left Alive and Balans Wonderland

Comes

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

EmmaDansTonU

Nov 27, 2020
Looks generic as Hell.
Also why « ff origin » when all ff are différent Words and this gale don t seems to belong to other ff games ?

Oct 26, 2017
This feels like designs Nomura created but ultimately shelved back in 2008-2012 that he sent to Team Ninja as a joke and they didn't get the joke and they decided to make into a video game.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I was incredibly excited about the idea/concept of this...

Terrible showing, but still have faith in Team Ninja. Hope the demo is good.

Talal

Unbreakable
Oct 25, 2017
Man this reveal was so disappointing. Game looked way better on paper.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think they could've chosen more off putting dialogue. And the main character design. Oof.

Square-Enix honestly should only allow the FFXIV creative team to handle writing for all of its titles from now on.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that Nomura is so heavily involved in nearly everything Square Enix does now. Thank fuck at least FFXVI got others.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
These character designs are awful. When Nomura's character designs are seen as bad it's usually because they're too gaudy which I actually usually like. These on the other hand are dull as hell. What the hell happened here?

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when this was supposed to be exclusive, makes most people excited, SE conference was gonna have a massive leak, and that was too bad because it was gonna be awesome? how come insiders get all these wrongs lol