• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
My parents never fully got into it with me but apparently they had some problems with neighbors on our street when I was still in Elementary school around 8-9 years old they received a letter from a Dr of Laws apparently saying I did some real terrible things according to those neighbors.

Never was told who the neighbors were or what the claim was. I only know that I had three houses I went to and only because they were literally next door and my best friend on the next block behind us (I had a path between two neighbors stockade fences) and all of those houses are people I'm still in contact with today. Only things we ever did was sit around playing SNES and SEGA Genesis.

It actually really bothers me knowing that.

I've tried searching to see if there is any history of anything related to my name but there is nothing on record.

Redowl

Oct 30, 2017
New York City
I was accused of bringing real bullets to school when I was in grade school. I was also accused of being a pervert at a crowded parade (I don't go to parades anymore) by a woman. She threatened to call the cops and i was like "go ahead"

Last edited:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
The other day on Reddit I was being accused of being a MAGA supporter and frequently visiting the_donald despite never going on that subreddit. Also the user decided to say that he was flag my boyfriend cheated on me and that I'm bringing everyone around me down.

Boy that was a fun night.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
My mom is getting increasingly confused of the past few years so any time I correct her on something that would be clear to anyone else in the world I get accused of lying. Things like that person you say you saw last week has been dead for 10 years.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
some of these stories make me wish i had a more interesting life.

and then again, not.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Someone started a rumor in junior year of high school that I beat up a girl in my culinary foods class when she didn't show up for a few days. Was actually pulled into the dean's office for that and was subsequently let off the hook once it was determined that my record was clean and I had no reputation of being violent. She later turned up fine. To this day I have no idea who started it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
During a haircut when I was around 14 years old, the barber ripped off my barber cape and yelled "a-ha!" I had been tapping my fingers on my leg and I think he thought I was jerking off. We make eye contact and after a few seconds he continued his work as if nothing happened. He kept giving me these sideways glances. I never went back there.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
i had something similar but not to the point of firing the man.

so turns out one friday, is raining HARD and well when it rains like that students are always like, LETS DITCH SCHOOL, they are cancelling classes in other schools! come on!.

well i went with them and we took a ride in a bus, but we had to deliver a final project so i said, you know what fuck this and i returned to the school, by this point the classes were actually kinda cancelled, but the final project was still being received, so i deliver it, and then the teacher let us go and stuff because i had returned soaked wet.

so come monday the principal, the teacher in charge of our group enter on the first class.

and they start talking about the majority of the group ditching the school on friday bla bla blah, so a few people like me who were actually seen on friday on school were told that we were ok, we weren't in trouble so i am like, cool nothing to worry about.

so then the principal and the teachers are talking about something, an us stundets start to talk too and laught and suddenly everyone went silent and i laughing and the princpal points at me and says "you. get out, you are expelled" and i was like "what the fuck," but i don't care , so i just leave the classroom and as i do i hear the principal saying "this student is expelled" or some shit like that. so i go outisde the school wait for my classmates to leave the classroom and join them again. like if nothing had happened.

and everything went like if nothing happened at alllll

stupid ass principal, useless moron.

but yeah, i didnt get anything fired lol
Lol seriously what's up with the knee jerk pointing a person out like: "HIM!" when there's no cause or proof lol. I get kids are usually little shits, but there has to be some order, burden of proof and level of escalation to handling situations for education professionals lol.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I was accused of fathering two children with a girl that I knew as a kid but haven't seen since I was 12. This started after my family moved away from the neighborhood. For years she told people we were dating and I was the father of her first child. Some years later she had a second child and claimed I'am the father of that one too. I got asked about it whenever I ran into someone from that area or they found me on social media. I don't have any kids. I was still a virgin when she had her first child and had zero contact with her. I wouldn't know how to get in touch with her if I wanted to.

Also been accused of stealing from two different locations that I was also innocent of. I refused to spend money in both and in one case the owner apologized, but I stll refused to spend money there. Even now, a decade later I still won't spend money there.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When I was in high school, maybe 16 or 17, a rumor started spreading that I had slept with a certain girl. Someone I didn't know from Adam. We just had a random encounter.

At first I was like "no man, I don't even know her" and it didn't bother me. But the rumors kept growing. It got to me and I started to feel bad for her too because I knew I wasn't well thought of. So people were thinking she was with one of the biggest assholes in school.

To this day my old friends on Twitter and, before I deleted my account, FaceBook would bring it up. And what's really funny, is in these decades of time past, we've never even actually spoken to each other in any way.

We kissed at a party once. That's all. When we were stupid teens.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In high school I was a fairly straight shooter. Never got into any big trouble, studied and got good grades, etc. I was pretty unassuming, I'd say.

One day, the father of a classmate I was passingly familiar with accused me of stealing his car keys (which he apparently lost while he was in the school's office). I got called out of a math class by the secretary who asked me if I had taken Mr. ******'s car keys. I was incredibly confused and was like "No...what?" She immediately said, "Okay, there's no problem then." The secretary clearly thought it was a silly accusation which is why there was never any follow up from the school.

But I was so confused. To this day I have no idea why this dad singled me out as the one he thought nabbed his keys.

Last edited:

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I was sitting in a pizza shop in college late one night. A young lady walks by my seat and drops her cell phone. It sounded bad and she clearly looked worried, but when she picked it up everything looks okay. I said, "still works!" She gave me a nasty glare and then walked over to her table and started talking about me. I had no idea what the issue was. Then her brother, real big guy, comes walking over and asks me what I said to his sister. I said, "still works" and explained what I saw.
"What did she think I said?"
"She thinks you called her stupid."
Now I could be a little quiet and mumbly but what the hell! He seemed satisfied enough and walked back. He certainly didn't think it warranted a fight which she clearly wanted. So much so I could hear her saying, "he's lying! He's just scared!"
I really wanted to defend myself but the brother clearly had no desire to escalate it anyways and I couldn't think of how to explain things in a way remotely convincing. I just remember thinking she clearly wanted to see me get beat up because she misheard something relatively innocuous.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Right here, on this very forum, caping for Epic because I had financial incentive to do so

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
I had a dentist appointment when I was 12 years old where the dentist accused me of smoking. I truthfully told them that I had never smoked (and still don't to this day), and they pulled my mother aside and told her that I was definitely lying to them. Also the dentist was a family friend.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I was suspect of hacking the school system when I was 13~14 because I liked PCs a lot.

I wish I was smart as they thought.

This basically happened to me too. The reason turned out to be that me and some others were doing a group project using the same computer and someone else in the group searched "How to hack Windows" or something else dumb like that and they thought it was me.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
When I was 17/18 I had an online girlfriend for awhile who lived on the other side of the state. We broke up before we ever met each other. Fast forward a few months and my best friend and I ended up moving to the town that my ex lived in. Being a small town it was inevitable that our social circles would overlap and I did end up meeting her a couple weeks after moving into my new place. It was very strange. It was a small gathering of people, four in total: myself, a mutual friend of my ex and I, my ex and my ex's new boyfriend. Her boyfriend didnt say a word to me the entire time he was there and kept sort of staring me down. I thought it was just some macho bullshit and tried my best to ignore it.

My ex and I did develop a friendship of sorts. We only hung out a couple times but late one night she says she has something to tell me. She had apparently told her new boyfriend that I had HIT HER A FEW TIMES and that's why we broke up. My mind exploded. How many people thought I did this? How can I clear this up? Why would someone lie about something like that?

She tried to play it off like it wasnt that big of a deal. I told her that she needed to tell him asap that I had never touched her and that the first time I had ever met her he was actually there. She didnt like this because she would have to admit to being a lying bitch and was worried about it ruining her relationship (boo hoo.) Me being the young idiot that I was, decided to give her some time to work out the best way to talk to her boyfriend about this.

A COUPLE MONTHS LATER: she still hasn't told her boyfriend and I say fuck it and talk to our mutual friend about it. Turns out that he had heard that I hit her as well and admitted that thinking that I would act like that was really weighing on him. I thankfully had a couple people who knew for a fact that I had never met my ex before I had already moved to the town and they vouched for me.

I ended up moving away from that town a short while later due to being unable to find a job. To this day I still have no idea how many people in that town thought/think that I was an abusive boyfriend. Maybe I couldnt find employment because a bunch of people thought I slapped around my girlfriend. It doesnt really bother me anymore but I do still think about just how fucked up that whole situation could have gotten.

TLDR: met a girl online. We became boyfriend/girlfriend. Never met IRL. She told atleast one person that I used to hit her when we dated, again despite the fact that we never met IRL until well after we had broken up.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
One time, I was walking home from school and a dust devil (think mini tornado) flared up at the end of my block and knocked over every trash can on my route home. No one believes me.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
This thread was made for me lol. I literally go through this multiple times per year.

I will say one from my past that is funny and one from not so distant past that is ridiculous

When I was a kid I was the only one in my family to have a Nintendo console. Specifically this was during the Super NES era. Pretty much everyone except me had a Genesis.

I eventually got one because I had saved some extra money and decided I'd get a genesis.

2-3 days after I get it I was playing it at my grandma's house with my cousin and after we finished I was packing my genesis and go back home and my grand mother stops me and says why are you taking your cousins console with you? I tried to explain to her that it was mine but she wouldnt believe me (she said something like your console is white color (SNES) and this one is black (genesis) and she took it away from me and hid it.

For like a week I was trying to convince her it was mine (and also searching her house for it) but she wouldn't believe me lol. After a week or 2 of talking/searching I just gave up and went back to my SNES :P

The ridiculous story

A few years ago I organized an event. When I say I organized I mean as in I own/founded the organizing company and I am very involved and hands on. It was a huge success and pretty much everyone knew about it.

I am on an extreme high and very very happy and 2 days after we finished, my mom asks me "how did the event go?" and I replied with "oh man you can't believe how awesome it was!" and then she says "and did you thank your cousin?"

I had no idea wtf she was talking about. I was like "what cousin and for what?" she says "for helping you. It wouldn't be a success without him" and I was utterly confused. No one from my family helped and she kept insisting that my cousin is the reason the event was successful in the first place.

My mom has a history of not acknowledge anything that I do, regardless if big or small and I knew it was one of those moments again, so I just left and decided not worth arguing with her about something that if you turn on the TV, look at social media, etc you can clearly see who organized the event. Like the proof was out there in the public but she still had to debate me
Sounds like that Genesis your cousin borrowed you really helped with the event you organized.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Happened to me a few weeks back. Was walking home and a girl was in front of me and we were going the same way. Before I walked on the main road to my house, she turns around and asked what the deal was and I was confused and she then asked if I was following her and told her no, I was just heading home the main way. Like I've never seen her before, so why would I do that. She didn't even apologize for it

shem

Oct 25, 2017
When i was somewhat young, i think 8 or 9, my mom pulled me and my brother aside and asked if either of us had been wearing her bras cause one of the hooks was bent. I genuinely hadn't but that may or may not have put the idea in my mind and led to other stuff down the road. Who's to say?

OP
OP
Garp TXB

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
When I was 17/18 I had an online girlfriend for awhile who lived on the other side of the state. We broke up before we ever met each other. Fast forward a few months and my best friend and I ended up moving to the town that my ex lived in. Being a small town it was inevitable that our social circles would overlap and I did end up meeting her a couple weeks after moving into my new place. It was very strange. It was a small gathering of people, four in total: myself, a mutual friend of my ex and I, my ex and my ex's new boyfriend. Her boyfriend didnt say a word to me the entire time he was there and kept sort of staring me down. I thought it was just some macho bullshit and tried my best to ignore it.

My ex and I did develop a friendship of sorts. We only hung out a couple times but late one night she says she has something to tell me. She had apparently told her new boyfriend that I had HIT HER A FEW TIMES and that's why we broke up. My mind exploded. How many people thought I did this? How can I clear this up? Why would someone lie about something like that?

She tried to play it off like it wasnt that big of a deal. I told her that she needed to tell him asap that I had never touched her and that the first time I had ever met her he was actually there. She didnt like this because she would have to admit to being a lying bitch and was worried about it ruining her relationship (boo hoo.) Me being the young idiot that I was, decided to give her some time to work out the best way to talk to her boyfriend about this.

A COUPLE MONTHS LATER: she still hasn't told her boyfriend and I say fuck it and talk to our mutual friend about it. Turns out that he had heard that I hit her as well and admitted that thinking that I would act like that was really weighing on him. I thankfully had a couple people who knew for a fact that I had never met my ex before I had already moved to the town and they vouched for me.

I ended up moving away from that town a short while later due to being unable to find a job. To this day I still have no idea how many people in that town thought/think that I was an abusive boyfriend. Maybe I couldnt find employment because a bunch of people thought I slapped around my girlfriend. It doesnt really bother me anymore but I do still think about just how fucked up that whole situation could have gotten.

TLDR: met a girl online. We became boyfriend/girlfriend. Never met IRL. She told atleast one person that I used to hit her when we dated, again despite the fact that we never met IRL until well after we had broken up.
Just reading that gave me heartburn. Like a real life Kafka hellscape.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
When I was dumped by an ex that had cheated on me, her reasoning was that I was controlling for not wanting her to speak to the guy she had cheated on me with.

This was obviously for the best in the end but yeah, it gave me a negative reputation in our social circle and made me feel like a monster for years. She had also sexually assaulted me on the night that I discovered that she was cheating to "make it up to me" so yeah, she wasn't great and did some unrepairable damage.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i was once accused of hacking when i played rtcw enemy territory. got banned from my favorite server. in a way it was kinda cool that my sniping was so good they thought i was hacking but it sucked because i had to change my name and come back and not use the sniper class anymore out of fear of getting banned again.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Throwing away someone's collection of like hundreds of CDs into a nearby dumpster. Everything about it sounds crazy. I was accused of it for being there, but I would never do something so barbaric. Guy was so mad though.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
One time my father got very angry with me because he found a bag of weed laying in the hallway in front of my room. What's funny is I saw it and walked over it multiple times and never really thought about it or what it was. At that point in my life I had smoked before maybe once or twice but was not an active smoker and had never brought it into my parents house as my dad was a recovered addict.

Now, usually when my dad is angry there's a bit of yelling and hollering. Some of our worse arguments when I was a teen ended with shoving / grabbing by the collar, etc. My dad wasn't full on physically abusive or anything like that but we had and still do have a strained relationship. But I remember that day he was stone cold and expressionless, and wanted to know what the weed was doing there and where it came from. I told him it wasn't mine and that I had no idea how it got there.

What's funny is, he believed me that it wasn't my weed. I think he probably thought I was too chickenshit to smoke weed, but what really dug at me was that he refused to believe it was not a friend of mine that had brought it in. He was absolutely convinced that one of my friends had brought it into the house and tried to stash it here and he kept grilling me about whose weed I was hiding, etc.

So where did it end up coming from? It was my moms. We had gone on a big vacation to the outer banks and brought a bunch of extended family and family friends, one of which was my moms best friend / old ex boyfriend who was now an out gay man and sadly HIV positive and very ill. He passed away while we were on vacation and it was a huge crisis. It turns out he had medical marijuana on him and my mom didn't know what to do, so she stashed it in her luggage, which she brought home. When she put the luggage away in the attic (the door of which pulls out right in front of my bedroom door) she left it there, and it must have slipped out.

Still think about this story all the time and how loopy the whole thing is.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'm in my mid 20s and live with parents who coddle me a lot, so if I'm going out on a date after work with someone I don't tell my parents and just tell them I'm staying late for work. Additionally I'm gender questioning so there were times where I'd go to a friend's house after work to play around with that (like wear feminine clothes and whatnot) and also tell my parents I'm staying late at work. The only time I've ever been accused of not staying late after work was when I actually was staying late after work, but my commute ended up being a little faster than normal due to light traffic.

It's just completely bizarre that my mom questioned it that once when there was no reason to, it actually was the truth, and yet all of the other times it should have been more obvious I was never questioned.

Also, I live in California, and one time someone on Xbox Live accused me of not being from California because of how my voice sounded during a Halo 3 match. I don't have any kind of an accent or anything though I do sound like a huge dork.

Oct 27, 2017
In 8th grade, my History teacher held me back after class one day, after giving everyone else back their papers.

He very seriously and sternly asked if I'd had "any help" with my paper, and told me to tell the truth, if I had been keeping things from him. I was a naive little shit, so I was just confused and told him 'only the sources, in my footnotes', and then he relented and gave me back my paper. Only after I left the classroom did it dawn on me that my paper was "too good," and he thought I plagiarized it (humble brag).

The truth was, I was just always a lazy student who always wrote papers the night before/day they were due, and this was one of the ffew times I had started the paper earlier and actually had time to flesh it out and edit.

TL;DR - My ex girlfriend's mum, who I'd never met and who didn't speak much English, accused me of getting her daughter fall-down drunk and slapped me. It wasn't my fault, and I never got the chance to set the record straight.
Did your ex ever, like, call you back to apologize for being a shitshow?

That sounds so annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
because I re-uploaded a video to YouTube at the age of 12, I was accused by Jagex (yes that one) of stealing sensitive information over their IP

Anatole

Mar 25, 2020
Two things when I was in fifth grade:

1. I would often find excuses to use one of the two desktops in the back of the room, and my teacher kept her gradebook in a spreadsheet on one of them. Most of the class knew the password to her account, which was just her three and a half year old son's name. One day, she discovered that several grades had been deleted from the gradebook, and the desktop wallpaper changed to something from Toy Story, which she had mentioned that her kid liked.

I was blamed for this, and sent to the principal and questioned for almost an hour, and my parents were called in. I was a timid kid who had never really been in trouble like that before, so I kept demurring and saying "I don't think I did it," because the principal seemed so accusatory and threatening that I became convinced that I must have done something accidentally (is there a psychological term for this?). I get livid just thinking about it. To be honest, I now believe the teacher just let her innocent baby fuck around on the computer and didn't watch him.

2. Another time, I was in the bathroom, and two kids in my grade were making fun of a second grader. I just kept my head down, washed my hands, and walked out, never saying a word. At the end of recess, I was somehow identified as the culprit, and was forced to walk to the other class and apologize, with the threat of detention otherwise.

Yeah, I hated my fifth grade teacher.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
So peep this;

A good friend and co-worker let me rent a basment apartment to his friends house, he lived above me with his wife(now ex) I don't know what happened but he moved out and I'm still renting the basement. We are still good friends but for a certain time he was giving me the cold shoulder and I couldn't understand why...Another good friend pulled aside one day and said

Friend "I'm going to ask you a question but you can't ask me why do you think that...."
Me: ooookay?
Friend: Did you fuck ***** Ex!?!!
Me: NO!?!?! why would you think that!?!?!(LOL)

Appearently his ex sent him a pic with her sucking this big black penis and he instantly thought it was me!!! everyone at work thought I was fucking his ex!!! but no one had the courage to ask me until news reached this guy....So I was the homewrecker....with my pormstar penis...

Tarnished my Christianly image at work...

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Back in middle school when AIM instant messenger was a thing, some of the skater kids figured out my login from a mutual friend at the time (I had logged into AIM at his house and it must have saved my login) and they used my AIM to talk to people in our school for weeks and I didnt even realize it was happening at the time. One day in my art class this girl comes up to me who I barely knew and says "Wow Tyler, i can't believe you'd say that about me to people everyone on AIM!!"

I had no idea what she was talking about and was super confused and then went on AIM that night and saw a bunch of chats with random people from the school I hadnt even talked to previously saying pretty hurtful things to them. I was incredibly embarassed but luckily most of it flew pretty under the radar and everyone forgot about it all rather quickly since it was just middle school.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
In 4th grade, I got pulled into the Principal's office because some neighbor kid told his mom that I planned on jumping him with another kid, which wasn't true.

What happened was that this kid was a piece of shit and threatened to use one of those cattle guns on us, so we told him in 4th grade words that if he walked up on us we were going to fuck him up.

Shit, you want to roll up on someone with some shit they use to stun/kill cows with, of course we're going to warn you of what's going to happen if you make an attempt.

Nothing ever came of it though. I was the kid who could walk into the Principal's office and hang out; staff loved me. It was clear that if I got dragged into the office over something like that, there was merit behind it. Never saw that kid after that, either. Don't know if his mom pulled him out of school, they moved, or he wised up and just avoided the streets I hung out on.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
i walked into the lobby of our hospitals ER and within 2 seconds i was accused of racism and threatened to get my head bashed in, by some loud lady, getting right in my face.

i was dumbfounded lol. some really unstable people walk into ERs.. im kinda used to it but that was a weird experience, came out of nowhere. i wanted to scream back "WTF YOU'RE ALSO WHITE WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT". at least she looked as white as i am. goddamn weirdo.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
When i was 12 or 13, my friend's angry mom called my mom complaining that i "took his son on a bad road". My mom was baffled, so she called me (i was visiting my cousin in the summer) and starts asking me questions. I was speechless, i didn't know what that would mean or what i did. After the call ended, i look at my cousin and say "they think i'm responsable for messing up a kid" and he immediately replies "... but you wouldn't hurt a fly".
It turns out, his family is kinda.. weird. They're messed up and strange people. Also, he ended up doing all kinds of drugs, so..
Mission accomplished
*Monty Burns laughs*

I'm joking, obviously.

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Two of my friends accuse me of being with them when they went to see Silver Linings Playbook. I have never even seen the movie but they will not budge. It's turned into a bit of a joke between us but I bet they still think I'm lying or have just forgotten that I was there.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Some woman at work accused me of "harassment" to her VP and mine, because I 'made her uncomfortable'.

Here's the story:

I'm not really into small-talk at work. I don't care about your personal life, I'm here to work. And I don't answer personal questions, etc.

She came to my desk to ask about a project my team was working on for her, just as any other day. But she would always start off with 5 dreadful mins of small talk, flirting on occasion, asking about my weekend, telling me about hers, enthusiastically....but I don't care and never asked. And at this point, you're impeding on my actual workflow.

But whatever, it was just her personality - I'd known her for a couple years so I never made a big deal out of it. I just knew my strategy was to deflect the personal questions and get straight to business. So this particular day, she popped up, starts her schtick, and asks how my weekend was. I abruptly say: "Was ok. What can I help you with?" completely side-stepping details. She presses on, "did you do anything fun? :) :) :)" and I don't elaborate because my business is my business, and I stop her and ask what 'work-related' thing I can help her with.

She took that as rudeness and posited that I make the environment hostile, so much so that it makes her uncomfortable to come to work (because she had to ask me about projects on a regular basis) and that since she's able to connect with everyone else on a semi-personal level, the fact that I refuse gives her anxiety. She told her VP she looked up the definition of "harassment" and my behavior fit the bill and she demanded something be done about it. Her VP contacted mine, and we had a meeting with my manager, her, and the 2 VPs. They let her speak her piece, and asked me for comment. I had nothing to add because she made herself look silly with that being her only 'evidence' of harassment, but I told them they're free to ask the woman that sits next to me how the interaction went down as she was right there as it happened. I also gave them full permission to review my e-mails, chats, and all communications between her and me to determine if there was actually any harassment. It's company property after all. They declined, and said they believe me, but I should just try to be nicer to her and that I should apologize, because it's a bad look.

I took huge offense to that, because what...we're just cool with throwing around harassment claims now? The fuck? I literally did nothing wrong and wasn't even rude to this girl. I treated every one of my clients the same way and everyone else appreciated my non-BS approach in a sea of corp america fakeness and BS. So I requested she no longer work on my projects and that was that. Was awkward because they re-assigned her to the woman next to me, who also hated her "lemme get this small talk out before we get to business" approach. She ended up quitting a few months later.

TLDR: Co-worker wanted small talk. I don't do small talk. She accuses me of harassment to VP for that reason. Has no case, quits shortly thereafter.

So, how was your weekend?

bgbball31

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that more than 50% of my graduating class still believes I threw a chair at a teacher in elementary school. My desk was near the teacher's desk and I got frustrated when I was asked to leave the classroom for some reason, so when asked I put my hands on my desk and shoved me/my chair back hard into her desk (she wasn't sitting at it at the time), and then got up and left. I don't know how that became throwing a chair at a teacher, but here we are.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Doing groceries a few weeks ago the cashier girl said to me; "oh you again, you sure like to pick out my line for check-out (freely translated from Dutch to English). It sounded very accusing and I have no clue where it came from because I didn't recall seeing her more than two times before really.

Anyways, since I'm socially awkward I now have to off course avoid her line...

But if in all my life that's the worse that happened to me, it's alright.

WeteHa

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
When I was in 3rd or 4th grade I was on my way home one day from school and I was approached by an older guy (late 40s to early 50s) who grabbed me by my collar without warning and pulled me up.

He screamed at me to never throw stones/pebbles/gravel at his daughter again.
I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and I would like for him to let me go.
He just kept holding me up and screaming at me that somebody threw pebbles at his daughter yesterday on her way home from school and since apparently my way home from school passes by his house it obviously had to be me.

I had never met or seen his daughter before and had never thrown pebbles at anyone.
Dude kept on screaming. He finally let me go and I got the hell out of there. Told my parents when I got home and they contacted the school and found out who he was. They confronted him and basically told him to fuck off and to never talk to me again.
He did not apologize and told them he was certain it was me since I was the only one passing by his house (which was a lie).
At least I never saw him again.

His behaviour is still absolutely insane to me. No evidence and just absolutely unloading on a 9 or 10 year old kid? I can never forget that.

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled into a parking lot of a 7-11 as some dude was coming from the other way. We both stopped. I waved him on. I went to park. No big deal. Just a normal interaction. At least that's what I thought until we met at the door and he started loudly giving me shit for how rude I am. Told him I was just waving him on while most likely looking real confused and he tells me I didn't have to be so rude about it and leaves. I guess he thought I flipped him off?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
In fourth grade I think it was I was accused of cheating on a test. I was absolutely dumbfounded. I forget the details and why they ultimately figured out someone used my own test to cheat. I vaguely remember them seeing my name erased or something. Haven't thought about it until now.

A year or two later we had to pick a book to read and then write a summary. I read The Hobbit, and wrote my summary. I got it back with the teacher's note saying that it sounded like the back of the book and she asked to see me after class. She actually thought I copied it somewhere. She looked at my copy of the book and had to determine that I indeed wrote it.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
When I was in high school, my group of friends and I were accused of sacrificing squirrels for satanic rituals by our classmates amongst some other shit, but that was the most outrageous part of it. This resulted in our grade having a grade wide meeting (small school, my grade had 30 people). We were the strange kids that listened to Korn and other music that was considered scandalous in my small town.

I don't think any adults ever really believed the accusation, but I guess we never technically got absolved either lol. We never got in any trouble or anything.