• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is R* about to tease a new game?

• Yes, something GTA related

Votes: 85 19.1%
  • Yes, something Bully related

Votes: 47 10.6%
  • Yes, but something else than GTA or Bully

Votes: 149 33.6%
  • No, you're just desperate

Votes: 163 36.7%

• Total voters

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Story from Trueachievements

A couple of strange images have appeared over on the Rockstar Games website. The pictures have naturally sent the internet into full-on speculation mode with many believing a sequel to either Bully or Grand Theft Auto V is soon to be announced.

102150.jpg

The first image shows a Rockstar logo accompanied by the text, "Killing Dreams. Murdering hope. Fighting the righteous and bullying the weak. Why don't you tell me what went wrong?" These slogans have been used before by Rockstar and have previously been found on the Rockstar website. There are also several seemingly random numbers and letters scattered across the image.

102151.jpg

Another image of a golden android caressing the Rockstar logo has also been discovered. The artwork doesn't really fit with any of Rockstar's current or past games, and it doesn't feature any of the cryptic text like the previous picture. If you look at the fine print on the bottle of champagne, you can just make out "Rockstar Games" and "1998" the year in which the company was founded.

Do you think R* is about to tease a new game soon, or is it just Internet being desperate?

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Im trying to figure out a way to twist these images into a Bully 2 announcement

EDIT: the word Bullying is in the first one. Mission accomplished see you guys in Bully College

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The date on the bottle of champagne is 1998. I bet that's when the game takes place 🤔🤔🤔

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I get GTA vibes from this. The first looks like an election poster.

I don't think it's related though. I think it's just some cool artwork.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
It's Agent but set in a retro-futuristic setting.

They want to siphon some of that Cyberpunk hype.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The images seem to have more to do with promoting/celebrating Rockstar as a company than teasing any specific upcoming game, IMO.

Sometimes art departments just like to make cool weird shit.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Very 80s style... and you know what that means!

The Warriors 2

Where to find the images on the website

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
The Sexy robot Series by Hajime Sorayama was very popular in the 80s.
I'd say it's the very definition of 80s in fact.
Other than that, no clue. The graphic design of the first image definitely isn't from the same time period, so I'd say they aren't related, which means they're probably just random images

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Like others I'm sure have mentioned it may just be a future gta. Kinda like a cyberpunk timeline.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Oh the rumor was an open world medieval game. Okay then. Also I guess this stuff is meaningless. Oh well.

Oct 27, 2017
Debunked. Its nothing.

Rockstar Website Hacked?

I was just wondering if the Rockstar website has been hacked, look at their mottos: "Impressional and talentless idiots on a mission to entertain", "Selling goverment secrets to the communists since 1998" just to name a few. Also the background photos make it impossible to read for me, I don't kn...

Deleted member 34169

Nov 23, 2017
Debunked. Its nothing.

Rockstar Website Hacked?

I was just wondering if the Rockstar website has been hacked, look at their mottos: "Impressional and talentless idiots on a mission to entertain", "Selling goverment secrets to the communists since 1998" just to name a few. Also the background photos make it impossible to read for me, I don't kn...
How is a 6 year old post debunking anything?