• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
A couple of days ago I was thinking about this woman, haven't thought about her in 10+ years (or seen or any friends mentioning her), nothing romantic had happened just friendly banter and I remember thinking she was pretty and very sweet.

Bam, today I open Tinder and said woman had swiped right.

So above made me think about what you guys has experienced that was a bizarre happening.

and don't post that gif

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are you guys gonna go on a date?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i once saw an internet only friend who i was real close to in real life and never said hi. i thought it would be weird.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I once ran into my best friend from college at a random small grocery store in Michigan. I'm from Illinois and he's from South Dakota.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Logged on a Florida Gators message board a few months ago to read a story about a former Florida football walk-on who was found dead, OD from opiates. Turns out he was my roommate in our first summer session. Crazy.

Oct 27, 2017
Sitting in a friend's room on the second floor during a thunderstorm and all of a sudden when lightning struck, power flickered, the oscillating fan shut off and I felt lightheaded. My friend's mom all of a sudden asks if I'm ok. I tell her I'm fine if a little lightheaded from the sudden flash, crash and sound change I imagined since the fan shut off. She then says that she swears she saw a flash of lightning streak between my legs to the bed frame. My mother calls from the apartment building next door where we lived on the third floor and asks if we're ok because lightning had struck the power lines that traveled to the side of the house right next to my friend's bedroom window, where we were.

I still believe it was just a flash glare or something and not an actual bolt but still a "happening" worth remembering and sharing.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I once a had dream about someone I knew that I hadn't seen in around a year, in the dream the person died and when I woke I got curious what that someone was up to. Turns out he had died just a week prior.

Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2018
I once went hiking with a friend of mine who then went his separate way and I went mine and two weeks later I met him randomly in a completely different town in a completely different country without having talked to each other in those two weeks

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Some years ago I was buying some nice clothes for a wedding and the girl behind the counter who ended up helping me out was so strangely familiar, it startled me, her name tag didn't ring any bells but something about her felt like I've known her from some point in the past, a long time ago.

Which is strange because we would have been 10+ years younger at least.

Oct 27, 2017
I once went hiking with a friend of mine who then went his separate way and I went mine and two weeks later I met him randomly in a completely different town in a completely different country without having talked to each other in those two weeks
Leading with different town when you're in a different country makes this post funnier than you maybe intended. Unless that's the joke...

Oct 27, 2017
The wife and I were in the car and the conversation turned to our wedding (12 years ago) and then our wedding song came on the radio as we talked. Nice bit of cosmic synchronisity.

SpitfireKit

Oct 27, 2017
Back in 2003, I picked up a local newspaper while waiting for something. It was the first one I'd read in years, and haven't since. For some reason, I flipped to the obituaries and read that one of my favorite college professors had passed away.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to have a recurring dream about being sliced in half by an ice sheet sliding off the top of a truck turning a corner.

One day, while walking to work, I was thinking about a rpg I was working on that's based on dreams. Specifically, I was thinking about ways to make recurring dreams achieve permanence in the game world.

As I was thinking about this, a big freight truck turned a corner through the intersection I was approaching. I heard a familiar scraping sound and looked up in time to see a huge ice sheet sliding off of the top of the the container the truck was hauling. I jumped back a few paces and watched it slam into the stone wall that bordered the sidewalk right where I had been.

I stood there stunned for a few moments until my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from a coworker I was training. She couldn't come to work because she had just slipped on a bit of ice and twisted her ankle.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Went to pay my beer and the lady said three euros. I'm like I need to get more money out of my pocket, just a second. Then I had three euros on the table and she said TWO euros and I'm like... lady wtf, you just said three. She's like nope, two. I don't know. I heard three. Anyway, so like, one time I'm in another country walking with a friend and we find a sex shop. Next to it was a church of new jesus or something. That was strange.

Sin Jawnz

Dec 8, 2017
A couple of years back my grandfather passed away, he had been suffering from dementia and what not for a few years prior. Anyways, sometime after his death I had a dream about him. He was his old self, laughing and joking around, felt like a reunion for myself and the family that was present in the dream. I woke up incredibly happy, it had been years since I had last witnessed my grandfather like that. When I opened up Facebook, a number of my family had posted messages mourning the loss of our grandfather; as it was the one year anniversary of his passing. Despite seeing my family mourning the loss; I truly felt happy.. even though now recalling it makes me feel sad.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
I used to have a recurring dream about being sliced in half by an ice sheet sliding off the top of a truck turning a corner.

One day, while walking to work, I was thinking about a rpg I was working on that's based on dreams. Specifically, I was thinking about ways to make recurring dreams achieve permanence in the game world.

As I was thinking about this, a big freight truck turned a corner through the intersection I was approaching. I heard a familiar scraping sound and looked up in time to see a huge ice sheet sliding off of the top of the the container the truck was hauling. I jumped back a few paces and watched it slam into the stone wall that bordered the sidewalk right where I had been.
Sounds like a Final Destination scene. Did you consider putting it in your game, lol?

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
When I was young I used to ride my bike home from the park. There is a small but steep decline where I go down and make a left to get on my street. I usually pick up some speed and glide down and make the turn. Do the same route every time I come home from the park which was pretty often back then. For some reason one time when I went to make the left my hands were frozen and I physically couldn't turn the bike. There is a stop sign at the end of the street but a car still came pretty damn fast out of nowhere in which if I made my left as fast as I usually would there was a good chance I would have hit it straight on and had a really nasty accident. I proceeded to glide straight down the other street and even then thinking what just occurred was really weird. I swear to this day "something" was preventing me from turning the bike that day. AFAIK, I never experienced that sort of feeling ever again.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I once ran into my best friend from college at a random small grocery store in Michigan. I'm from Illinois and he's from South Dakota.

Similarly, I ran into someone at a rest stop in New Jersey who I went to middle school with...in Massachusetts. This was like ten years after middle school (I transferred to a different school). We just kind of saw each other, recognized each other, waved confused, and went on our way.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I was young I used to ride my bike home from the park. There is a small but steep decline where I go down and make a left to get on my street. I usually pick up some speed and glide down and make the turn. Do the same route every time I come home from the park which was pretty often back then. For some reason one time when I went to make the left my hands were frozen and I physically couldn't turn the bike. There is a stop sign at the end of the street but a car still came pretty damn fast out of nowhere in which if I made my left as fast as I usually would there was a good chance I would have hit it straight on and had a really nasty accident. I proceeded to glide straight down the other street and even then thinking what just occurred was really weird. I swear to this day "something" was preventing me from turning the bike that day. AFAIK, I never experienced that sort of feeling ever again.
That's fascinating. Avoiding possible death is such a weird feeling. When you have a moment to stop and think about it, it's kinda heavy, especially when you can't explain why.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know that it's bizarre but I once dated a girl for 6mos after sitting next to her on a plane ride from NYC to Mpls.

Another one that is more sad than bizarre is a saw a car accident on the way to a movie, body bag on the ground, really bad, turned out to be a close friend who was going to the same movie me and my other friends were going to. I told my gf at the time (this was in highschool) that me and some dude friends were going to a movie, she didn't think she could go but then went with one of our other friends and was gonna surprise us there. I had no idea they were going. Next morning I got a phone call from my gfs mom that my friend died and the accident we saw was that accident.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Once had a problem with my computer/laptop. Spent the whole day trying to fix it, just couldn't get it to work. Called it a night and went to sleep. Had a dream I fixed the problem, then in the morning, applied the solution from my dream and it worked lol

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my wife were international student and we met in college during my grad school. After married, we reallized that we arrived the US on the exact same day, January 16th 2005. I arrived in Wisconsin while she arrived in Texas.

Oct 27, 2017
I came home from working a night shift, I go to bed and fall asleep. I dream that two criminals break in to our house while I'm at work and I rush home. That's kind of all I remember. So I wake up, kind of early to take a leak, tell my wife the dream since it's the weekend and shes at home, then I go back to bed and fall asleep again and wake up in the afternoon. I pour me some coffee and read the news and see that the police are looking for two robbers, there is a police chopper up and the police are out in force with assault rifles (I live in a small town in Sweden so this never happens.)

Going to work again felt very strange to be honest. This happened yesterday haha.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
My wife just last night realized that one of her workmates she's worked with for the last 4 years (as a nurse) was also our nurse at the hospital when our first daughter was born. They didn't recognize each other when she started, and since then they have grown pretty close. We were going through old important documents and photos etc and she found the notes from her hospital stay, and freaked out when she recognized the signature at the end. She's had to read
notes with that signature for years haha.

When I was a kid we went on holiday to Australia during the school holidays, and turned a corner and bumped into (literally) my teacher from school! Such a weird
coincidence.

OH! My favourite one:
When I was a kid we went to the movies to see Space Jam, but the movie cut out in the first 5 mins and we got our money back (I don't remember what the problem was, something to do with the reel I guess)
I was telling my wife about it, and partway through the story she starting laughing and said "No way! I had that exact same thing happen to me! With the same movie too!"
We figured out that when we were about 6, we were in the exact same movie theater. We might have even seen each other lol, who knows!
Its especially crazy because her parents weren't very well off, and so this was one of the few times she actually got to go to the movies, and I moved to Australia to live a couple of years later, and then we moved back when I was 12. I met her on my first day of school, we were put on a team together playing volleyball 2v2. Became best friends, etc. Didn't get together till we were 18, married at 21 (we had been best friends for almost 10 years at that point) and then, 10 years, 2 kids later, here we are. :)

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I kinda have one.

Guy I knew from when I was a teenager. We were arcade buddies and we would see each other all the time playing fighting games. Tekken Tag, Marvel vs games, etc.

Anyways we move on, don't see the guy again until about a decade later. I'm visiting Universal in Orlando and there he is working a souvenir stand near the Poseidon's Fury attraction. We were excited to see each other again. Small World. It really brought me back to my arcade days. Ahhhh to be young.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I'm 37 and remember this vividly. I was a teen and we we driving to a party in a very nice part of Northern Virginia. It's basically suburbs mixed with country because the mansions are so spaced out. Anyways, it's night time and me and a few friends are driving down these dark roads looking for a house. Eventually we drive by a place with like 50 people partying in the front. We drove past and did a U-turn and parked at the house. We walked around back, went up the deck and went inside to the party. Hours later when we were driving back we realized no one had been in the front yard when we arrived. To this day I can't explain it.

Oct 29, 2017
A couple of years back my grandfather passed away, he had been suffering from dementia and what not for a few years prior. Anyways, sometime after his death I had a dream about him. He was his old self, laughing and joking around, felt like a reunion for myself and the family that was present in the dream. I woke up incredibly happy, it had been years since I had last witnessed my grandfather like that. When I opened up Facebook, a number of my family had posted messages mourning the loss of our grandfather; as it was the one year anniversary of his passing. Despite seeing my family mourning the loss; I truly felt happy.. even though now recalling it makes me feel sad.
I just had a dream like that. Hold on to those memories and share good times with family. It's okay to be sad but good memories are good.

mnemonicj

Oct 27, 2017
Honduras
This one time I was in a concert, not necessarily close to the stage and a friend was invited to the backstage.
I noticed her and somehow she noticed me in the crowd as well and we waved at each other. Pretty cool considering the amount how big the crowd was.

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
When I was about 10 years me and my dad were driving around a neighborhood he used to frequent in high school. He told me about this old woman he and his friends used to visit, who claimed she was a witch. They would just like go to her house to hear her crazy stories or whatever. He decided to drive by her old house and as we pulled by she was in the window, waving to my dad, it scared the hell out of us.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
There's a graveyard in the area I park at often to fish at since it's a historical graveyard with public parking right next to the river.

Left after fishing one day with my brother and the road I was going down was looking less familiar the further down I got. I wasn't sure what was going on but I knew if I went that way long enough I'de hit the highway I came off of make a left and be back in town. I went till I hit a highway made the left and kept going and kept going and... nothing was looking familiar (just for context this area is less then 3 miles from my house). So my brother finally pulls out his phone and opens the GPS and I'm about 2 miles outside of the town I was trying to head to going East when I should have been heading North.

We turned around on a back road and followed the GPS back to town but about as soon as I turned both my brother and I hear a high pitched almost musical sounding OOOOWWHOOOHHHHHHH and we both look at each other say "Did you hear that!" and after that nothing happened and we finished getting home.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I am Brazilian, at the time I was studying in Portugal and on a weekend I went to Milano to visit... There I was, standing in front of the Duomo and suddenly I hear a voice: "hey ty_hot what the fuck are you doing here?" - One of my best friends in high school was there, right in front of me. Have never seen him again. Totally unexpected.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
When I was about 10 years me and my dad were driving around a neighborhood he used to frequent in high school. He told me about this old woman he and his friends used to visit, who claimed she was a witch. They would just like go to her house to hear her crazy stories or whatever. He decided to drive by her old house and as we pulled by she was in the window, waving to my dad, it scared the hell out of us.

lmao

I don't have any crazy stuff like this thread. But one time I was riding my back on my college campus and no one was there beside a girl walking by the street. I suddenly thought to myself, it would be pretty stupid if I crashed and fell off my bike because she would be the only one that noticed. Like clockwork, I lost control of my bike, crashed onto a wall, flew off my bike and landed on the ground. The girl immediately ran up to check on me and asked if I was okay. So embarrassing yet funny to think back to.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
About a month ago, I went for a walk near where I live and as I'm walking a car that was driving towards me pulls over and stops about 50-100 feet in front of me. Its a little odd, as the road is two cars wide so they are now blocking 80% of a lane. But its a quiet residential street so I don't think much of it. I pass the car, I glance inside see the driver on their phone and continue on my walk.

A couple of days latter, I'm walking along a major road in a different part of town. And as I'm walking, I see what appears to be the same car pull over about 100-150 feet in front of me. This time though its supper out of place. The road is busy, for the standards of my town, and cars are definitely not allowed to park anywhere near where they have pulled over. I continue forward and, as I pass the car I glance inside to see the that it is indeed the same car as before. With the driver once again doing something on their phone.

The supper unsettling thing, at least for me, is that I've never had this happen before, or since. And I can't shake the thought that the person driving the car was photographing me, or taking note of me presence in the area or something.

flyingorion

Dec 4, 2017
I was in my car one day singing a song of mine (I'm a music composer) to the style of Frank Sinatra and then Elvis Presley. A few days later I had a Youtube recommendation of an Elvis and Sinatra video of them singing together on Ed Sullivan show. Now I've seen a lot of older videos and listen to a tons of music, but this one I never knew existed. So it really shook me up because I didn't recall searching for those two recently. It was just singing in the style of them on a whim and being goofy like I often do with myself. So I texted friends and wrote about how Google is spying and AI is getting creepy.

Ok so I didn't think about it for months when I remembered and posted it on reddit. I was eating breakfast at a fast food place when I posted the story. Well I go outside and next to my car is a truck with a bumper sticker for a car stereo system shop with ELVIS in the title. There was a man outside on a phone dressed in pink. I got creeped out and drove away. I came back around just to check and man along with truck was gone.

I don't know, it freaked me out as though I was in some sort of simulation. Odd things have been happening like that to me lately.

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Texas. Back in high school me and some friends took a trip to this water park that was about 6 hours away. While we were there we ran into this other kid from school and that was kind of neat. So then a couple of years later me and another friend took a vacation to California. We went to Santa Monica while we were there and went to the pier there. Ran into the exact same dude that I ran into at the water park.

Apr 21, 2018
I matched with a girl on a dating app who says we had already met and hooked up at a party. I had no memory of it or her, but she was certain because I had given her my business card. Crazy.