• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metacritic (71)
OpenCritic (69)

Player 2 (A-)
It's extremely charming, and completely captures the Iyashikei 'slice-of-life genre, particularly in the personality of the town's characters and how they interact with one another, yet also beckon you into that same world.

TheSixthAxis (9/10):
You can easily get yourself lost in the world of Olive Town - I've already spent more than 50 hours cultivating a farm that's entirely unique to me. Whether you want a relaxing time or a challenge, this is the game for you; Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is so malleable that it'll work for everyone.

Noisy Pixel (9/10):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is a simulation farmer's dream game. It has everything the series is known for with a refined and streamlined system to make gameplay easier and more manageable. The list of materials to gather and things to do is vast, which makes the eyesore of the new item machines weigh on the experience so prominently.

MonsterVine (4.5/5):
There are some small technical issues, but overall, Pioneers of Olive Town is a great game for newcomers and Harvest Moon fans alike.

Digitally Downloaded (4.5/5):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is wholesome. It's a little naive in the way it presents the "grass is always greener on the other side" perspective on country living, but this series has been kicking around since the Super Nintendo and always gets away with it, on account of being so sweet and good-natured that it's impossible not to love.

Screen Rant (4.5/5):
Overall, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is an exciting update to past mechanics in previous Story of Seasons games. The focus on farm exploration has put importance back on building up a player's homestead, rather than solely on the town surrounding the farm. The difficulties with Maker Machines could be improved on during the expected DLC packs coming in future months. However, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is a fulfilling and satisfying farming simulation experience perfect for those looking to grow a few virtual potatoes while also scratching an itch for exploration.

WellPlayed (9/10):
There are many more positive things about this game than I have room to say here. With so much to do it's very easy to play for hours and hours without realising it. If this was any other genre than a farming sim then I may have been bothered by the performance hiccups, but I was having such a great time that I didn't really care nor did I experience any bugs in my 45+ hrs. There is already bucket loads of content in this game and even more is coming via DLC, and all things said and done SoS:PoOT is a farming sim that will have wide appeal for fans and newbies alike.

God is a Geek (8.5/10):
There's so much joy in Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, with so many avenues to head down that it always feel like your story is unique. There might appear to be too much to do by yourself, however, as long as you find your own comfort zone, there's no telling just how much fun you'll have.

GAMES.CH (83%, review in German):
The game doesn't dare to make any groundbreaking innovations, but maybe that's why it can pull the player into its farming-loop. However, the loading times and the pocket UI could be improved a bit.

Video Chums (8.1/10):
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Pioneers of Olive Town. It may have the odd technical issue yet it makes up for that with a solid variety of items to collect and create, many rewarding skills to level up, and new gameplay elements to enjoy.

Hardcore Gamer (4/5):
What it lacks in technical prowess, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town more than makes up for in sheer fun. The gameplay loop of farm management alongside more active roles such as mining and gathering materials makes the day-to-day adventure a lot of fun, while building up bonds with the townspeople feels like an accomplishment. Anyone looking for a more action-filled life simulation will feel right at home with Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, and it's also perfect for any lapsed fans of the genre. Players are guided along nicely, but still given tremendous freedom to make their adventure their own.

Hobby Consolas (80/100, review in Spanish):
Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town is a game that, despite not being round and presenting some questionable design decisions, as a whole manages to present a relaxing proposal, full of enjoyable hours of play and with enough capacity to position itself as a notable title within the genre of simulators.

Shindig (4/5):
While Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town has its shortcomings, they're minor frustrations in the scheme of things. For the most part, this is exactly what you'd want from the latest addition to the original farm life sim: a relaxing, cheerful game that lets you get lost in the simple joys of an idealised rural life, taking each day as it comes and working towards different goals at your own pace, with some welcome new additions to the genre's formula. A wilderness to tame, a space to call your own, some crops to grow and chickens to raise—there are far worse ways to relax and unwind.

CGMagazine (8/10):
Despite some minor flaws, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is an incredible new entry into the Story of Seasons franchise that is sure to please both long-time fans and newcomers alike. While I'm not sure if it'll replace Stardew Valley for some players, but it'll definitely be a welcome addition to the farm.

The Mako Reactor (8/10):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town has the potential to be a fantastic life simulator with a few additions and enhancements. I hope the team doesn't abandon the new features and improvements Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town brings to the series because this remains a great game but not one that is on the same level as the best entries.

RPG Fan (75/100):
A solid entry in a solid series, but feels like an upgrade in some areas and like a side-grade in others.

Vandal (7.5/10, review in Spanish):
This is your typical farming game, but full of new ideas and mechanics that add depth and diversity to the classic experience.

Gamers Heroes (75/100):
For better or worse, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is exactly what you'd expect from the series. If you're a fan of farming games like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley, be sure to check this one out.

Worth Playing (7.2/10):
Overall, this review of Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town may sound a touch negative, and it is in some parts. I like how it deals with progression while keeping most of its addicting farming foundations intact. Most of what it adds feels nicked from other games and has often been implemented less convincingly. Combined with performance issues and a few other missed opportunities, Pioneers of Olive Town is a solid entry in the series, but it isn't the must-have experience that many had hoped for the series' 25th anniversary.

Nintendo World Report (7/10):
While I did enjoy most of my time in the wilderness, hitting walls in terms of waiting for materials to process was ultimately a downer. The mayor gradually gives you fewer and fewer tasks to complete, and the focus shifts more towards the player in finding their own fun and setting their own goals. The emphasis on crafting in this Story of Seasons title works to an extent, and there is a fair amount of content to discover; just be prepared for a game loop that can become almost frustratingly familiar just as the leaves start to fall.

Vooks (3.5/5):
Story of Seasons still comes recommended to fans of the farming genre, as it does have enough different to offer over other titles. I have my fingers crossed that the balancing issues are fixed in future patches.

DarkStation (3.5/5):
The decision on this game comes down to the pros vs the cons, and whether you think you'd be happy to enjoy it as it is, or if you'd rather wait until some more updates. The load times and staggers can be mildly irritating and can amass during longer play sessions, but are by no means game-breaking or a reason entirely not to give it a go. Especially for those looking to play a little more casually, or in shorter bursts, or maybe aren't now accustomed to the world of SSD loading times, I still have to recommend this title as worth a go - just perhaps not necessarily the one to pick above the others.

IGN (7/10):
Pioneers of Olive Town recognizes it does not need to reinvent the plow to present a full, relaxing, pleasant farming game. Aside from its sprawling size, there is not much novel about collecting materials, upgrading tools, clearing land, raising animals and crops, and befriending the townspeople – and there doesn't need to be. It is enough to simply have a wealth of interesting things to plan out and do, colored by ridiculously cute animals and interesting characters and fleshed out with piles of new things to unlock over 30 hours and beyond. While the struggling framerate and tedious crafting can be annoying, these are small blips in a pleasantly packed day-to-day cycle of tending to your farm, exploring interesting new areas, and flirting with Bridget...or Reina….or Blaire.

Siliconera (7/10):
There are some areas in which Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town feels like it definitely needs a little more time and room to grow. The progress I've seen in the time I've played is encouraging, and I'm confident that it will offer plenty of opportunities down the way. People who enjoy these sorts of farming sims for the progress you can make and routines you can build will be pleased. Especially since it constantly offers new hallmarks to hit.

Hey Poor Player (3.5/5):
I was going to end this title by saying that I wasn't sure if I actually, truly liked this game, but that isn't fair. Regardless of whether or not if it was for a review, I didn't need to put as much time into playing the game as I ultimately did. I obviously liked it, just not as much as I've liked previous installments within the series. This game made some really strange choices, and I can't say that I agree with all of them. And, to that end, I feel like some of you out there will end up feeling that way as well. You'll still be able to find all of the traditional SoS garnishings within Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town if you're willing to dig deep enough—just be prepared to do a whole lot of crafting along the way.

Destructoid (6.5/10):
I get that my complaints probably sound like I'm nitpicking the game, and maybe I am asking too much of a budget title, but really, these issues illustrate that despite the fact Pioneers of Olive Town marks the silver anniversary of the franchise, the developer didn't really go out of its way to make this entry something special. This is a safe and standard Story of Seasons game. It doesn't rock the boat, it doesn't try anything groundbreaking like when Marvelous released Rune Factory to mark the franchise's tenth anniversary; it's just more of what we've seen before with a few small twists on the formula.

Areajugones (6.5/10, review in Spanish):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is a missed opportunity to make the series a recognized IP. Lots of bugs, mechanics copied from New Horizons poorly implemented, and a boring progression system. The video game is saved by its graphics and its relationship system.

Gameblog.fr (6/10, review in French):
Pioneers of Olive Town modernizes Story of Seasons' formula in a wilder, wider and somehow easier way, but such industrial revolution often feels heavy, then ultimately lacks life, if not charm, compared to the previous episodes.

Game Rant (3/5):
With rudimentary characters and extremely basic tasks, it almost feels like the Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town gameplay was made for those who haven't played any farming sims in the past. But for folks familiar with the genre, they'll find that there's not much to find here and little reason to justify spending $49.99 on an unoriginal, redundant farming sim aside from being a relaxing and easy-going experience.

NookGaming (6/10):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is a mixed bag, to say the least. Its strengths don't necessarily lie in its qualities as a game, but its inclusion in a genre that is inherently addictive. The formula the genre uses has been refined and mastered to the point it has become quite the potent drug, and Olive Town can administer that narcotic effectively when it wants to. The issue is, I found it didn't have any staying power. I was hooked whilst I was playing, but once I put it down, it was a real struggle to pick it back up. There were just too many niggling little issues that hindered my enjoyment long term. As far as farming-sims go, this one is passable and worth checking out if you have exhausted other, better games in the genre.

Impulsegamer (2/5):
If you're a farm-sim aficionado, there's more titles than ever in the genre, but that doesn't work in favour for the latest Story of Seasons entry. Compared to its competition, it lacks personality and, most importantly, heart. That's not to say it's a lost cause, and with a little finnese and love, Story Of Seasons could easily return as the darling of agricultural simulators, but right now, it's nowhere near the cream of the crop.

GameSkinny (3/10):
Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is a surprisingly dull and lifeless farm-sim that's a shadow of its storied self. We're left with caricatures and a game that shows only the slightest hint of recognizing what makes a fun gameplay loop./

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Reviewing about where you'd expect considering the current issues with the game. Hopefully they can patch it into a better state.

Sep 14, 2018
Are they still calling same sex marriages "best friend ceremonies" or does the english localization change it?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting there's no complaints about the bug. Guess they fixed it?

Seems like Rune Factory series is where the innovation goes.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So far it's reviewing slightly below the 3DS games. Trio of Towns for comparison is at 74.

Are they still calling same sex marriages "best friend ceremonies" or does the english localization change it?
In Friends of Mineral Town they called in marriage, so I'm sure the same is true here. None of the people with preview/review copies have said otherwise.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Japanese sales and sales potential had to be sacrificed for those 8s and 9s.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Seems like their more generic entry so far. The genre isn't as niche as it once was, so they need to up their game. Competition is fierce now.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
not a review but vinny at giant bomb has played like 25 hours; he's fairly positive on it and intends to continue playing

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Seems like their more generic entry so far. The genre isn't as niche as it once was, so they need to up their game. Competition is fierce now.

I wouldn't even say the competition is fierce since zombie harvest moon isn't being seriously considered by anyone as a competitor. The issue is Stardew valley is cheaper and has a ton of content that keeps getting added for free. The real question for all these titles going forward is "does this offer enough new/unique/high quality content to justify sinking 100 hours into this vs another stardew run?"

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting there's no complaints about the bug. Guess they fixed it?

Seems like Rune Factory series is where the innovation goes.

Yeah, 1.03 (the version Pioneers is launching with for NA and Europe) fixed a lot of bugs and drastically reduced the load times.

Looks like Japanese sales and sales potential had to be sacrificed for those 8s and 9s.

Feels like the reporting of negative JP reactions were a little overblown and influenced by people review bombing and harassing the producer. As far as sales go, it managed to have the best debut in the series and was at the top of the JP eShop sales for most of March.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't even say the competition is fierce since zombie harvest moon isn't being seriously considered by anyone as a competitor. The issue is Stardew valley is cheaper and has a ton of content that keeps getting added for free. The real question for all these titles going forward is "does this offer enough new/unique/high quality content to justify sinking 100 hours into this vs another stardew run?"
I feel like that would get old after a while unless you are super hardcore.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 1.03 (the version Pioneers is launching with for NA and Europe) fixed a lot of bugs and drastically reduced the load times.

Feels like the reporting of negative JP reactions were a little overblown and influenced by people review bombing and harassing the producer. As far as sales go, it managed to have the best debut in the series and was at the top of the JP eShop sales for most of March.
That's certainly not what the Media Create threads say. It dropped below Bravely Default 2 a week or so after release.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
9/10 to 3/10 is quite the range, lol
Outside of the performance a lot of the other things people find issue with in the game are super subjective, so you're going to have people that love and it others that hate it.

Trio of Towns definitely deserved better, one of the best entries in the series imo
Story of Seasons just isn't a high reviewing franchise and you have some saying they haven't enjoyed it since the original FoMT, while others see 3oT as the in the series.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
So far it's reviewing slightly below the 3DS games. Trio of Towns for comparison is at 74.

In Friends of Mineral Town they called in marriage, so I'm sure the same is true here. None of the people with preview/review copies have said otherwise.
Trio of Towns is not only way better than a 74 it is highly regarded by fans as well as Mineral Town which got a 77 on Meta.

I played both pre and post patch on the japanese version and loved the game.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Mako Reactor:

themakoreactor.com

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Review • The Mako Reactor

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town is one of the better life simulators out there with great writing, tons of things to do, memorable characters, and more that is only let down by technical issues. Read our full Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Nintendo Switch review here.

That's certainly not what the Media Create threads say. It dropped below Bravely Default 2 a week or so after release.

Hm. Guess I wasn't paying as close attention then. Just remember the launch sales and seeing it at the top every time I booted up the eShop, even above Among Us. Now of course it's all about that Monster Hunter, but for most of March it seemed to hold tight.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel like that would get old after a while unless you are super hardcore.

I agree, but it's what they do, and again the updates are generally so big that you basically get a new game every year or so for free. Like there's an argument the 1.15 patch for Stardew Valley will add more content the SoS's entire season pass will.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the thread! Helped me to decide it's better to skip that title and stick with Stardew Valley.

I also really dislike the art style. It looks so impersonal and generic.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
SoS never clicks with everyone, so low 70s isn't a surprise. I'll still be picking it up later today.

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
This series never seems to review very high does it? I don't recall the one I have on 3DS being much more than 70 ish average as well. Sorry if this has been asked before, but as someone looking to finally get a SoS game on the switch, should I go with this game or FoMT? What are the differences between the two? Been really looking forward to Rune Factory 5 as well, but that seems like its still a long ways off, and I am kind of itching for some farming action.

Noobguru

Oct 27, 2017
I've watched some gameplay in the GiantBomb vid linked above, but still unsure. My only experience with this type of game is Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia...how does this compare?

Gpsych

May 20, 2019

This is my problem. I just sunk about 20 hours into the Friends of Mineral Town remake. After playing through Year One, I ended up going back to Stardew for my 3rd playthrough (first time with 1.5) and I'm enjoying it much more than FoMT. I know there is that stupid meme about "The problem with Gears of Wars is that it's too good," but honestly that's a fair point with farming games and Stardew. Stardew Valley is such an impressive experience that it makes other games, even if they are decent/good, seem much worse because of the comparison. I think that Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon really needs to go all out on content in order to force their way back into mindshare.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This is my problem. I just sunk about 20 hours into the Friends of Mineral Town remake. After playing through Year One, I ended up going back to Stardew for my 3rd playthrough (first time with 1.5) and I'm enjoying it much more than FoMT. I know there is that stupid meme about "The problem with Gears of Wars is that it's too good," but honestly that's a fair point with farming games and Stardew. Stardew Valley is such an impressive experience that it makes other games, even if they are decent/good, seem much worse because of the comparison. I think that Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon really needs to go all out on content in order to force their way back into mindshare.

In defense of both the newest ZHM and SoS both did seem to try and do something unique, ZHM with it's movable farm to different biomes and SoS with it's AC:NL inspired build up your farm from scratch. The problem is both of those gimmicks don't seem to carry either game far enough (ignoring the general soulless nature of ZHM). Rune Factory at least zags so hard with it's 1/2 action jrpg that it feels unique.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
In defense of both the newest ZHM and SoS both did seem to try and do something unique, ZHM with it's movable farm to different biomes and SoS with it's AC:NL inspired build up your farm from scratch. The problem is both of those gimmicks don't seem to carry either game far enough (ignoring the general soulless nature of ZHM). Rune Factory at least zags so hard with it's 1/2 action jrpg that it feels unique.

Yeah, the problem is that "gimmicks" is really a good word choice. I agree that Rune Factory is basically it's own thing; I even know some people who play Rune Factory without doing any farming at all. But for Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon to compare to Stardew, I think they need to stop chasing gimmicks and just expand their games into bigger areas with more (interesting, not filler) content and less tropey characters. Yeah, Stardew also relies on several tropes, but there is still more depth there. I think that Harvest Moon really established that idea of Spirit of Place as a video game, but Stardew captured it better than any of its predecessors. Gimmicks only serve to get further away from that spirit of place rather than further embrace it. These towns need to feel real.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've watched some gameplay in the GiantBomb vid linked above, but still unsure. My only experience with this type of game is Stardew Valley and My Time at Portia...how does this compare?

It's the series that basically established the genre, so it compares as you'd expect gameplay-wise. I seem to be an outlier as a long-time genre enthusiast, but I've never been able to get into Stardew because it moved too dang slow for me every time I tried to go back. Olive Town by comparison starts off at a brisk pace and is one of the few games in the genre where I tend to actually use up as much of each day as possible instead of going to bed early 'cause there's enough different things to do that feel like "progress."

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Crafting and maker system ruins the whole experience imo. I don't want to have to fill my farm with a bunch of those things

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crafting and maker system ruins the whole experience imo. I don't want to have to fill my farm with a bunch of those things

Yeah, it's a real pain and it is kind of annoying they had to lean into crafting of all things. Stupid item checklists and forcing you to do everything yourself has become one of the banes of the genre. On the bright side, once I finished rebuilding the stuff on the farm I just stopped needing makers so much and got rid of them.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a real pain and it is kind of annoying they had to lean into crafting of all things. Stupid item checklists and forcing you to do everything yourself has become one of the banes of the genre. On the bright side, once I finished rebuilding the stuff on the farm I just stopped needing makers so much and got rid of them.
Crafting is super popular in gaming, so that will probably always be a thing.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
It's always funny how the best and worst reviews are such polar opposites. One person thinks it's extremely charming and love the personality of the characters and the world, another person finds it lifeless and a shadow of its storied self.

Overall, reviews seems about what this series typically gets, so I will play this eventually, maybe when it gets its first discount.

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I'm liking it so far, performance seems ok and the loading screens are frequent but nothing too egregious. Characters seem a bit boring but I'm really liking the farming aspects so far, and I'm glad to see most reviewers are liking the game.

carrot_

Feb 21, 2021
I already have this ordered, so I'm definitely going to play it, but I'm debating now whether to wait even after it arrives until the next patch comes through, particularly if it'll do something about the makers. At that point, might even wait until the first new DLC area opens up, too, as I remember that was already in May or something? Though I might be wrong.

I'm another of those people that never got much into Stardew despite loving and growing up with Harvest Moon/SoS. I liked it well enough and played through I think a bit over a year, but then got bored when I ran out of things to do. I think part of that might have also been because the characters never super engaged me.

Jan 6, 2019
It's...fine...so far. There's nothing particularly special or unique about it, but it's a good version. I already like it better than Mineral Town at least. Me and my Maine Coon Utica are chilling in our log cabin.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Reviews seem ok given all the issues I've heard, but it definitely should have been much better given how good Trio of Towns was.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I was really interested in this, but after seeing all of the preview coverage I think I'm going to wait until it's received some significant patches to improve the experience. It'll probably hit some sales by that point as well, so I'm not in a big rush.

I've been replaying Stardew but it definitely gets repetitive with the same characters and town layout. I wish more of the other indie farming games coming out appealed to me, but none of them really have that same charm or magic as SDV. Ooblets seemed okay, but I'm waiting for it reach a more finished state before I put more time into it - it's also a bit grindy right now with needing so many materials to buy/build things.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*wipes sweat*

Was expecting much worse. Story of Season's dignity still intact.

Not that it doesn't sound like there isn't a shitload of problems but still seems to be solid.

carrot_

Feb 21, 2021
Any ETA on that patch?

Also, how extensive is it supposed to be?

Don't think there's a concrete ETA yet. They just said they'd be in communication and update everyone when they were close to launching a new patch. They did mention they were going to specifically try to patch out some game-breaking bugs by mid-April, though, so they might also include any other new updates that are ready by that point, as well.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Some of these smaller sites seem happy to have received their free codes. I want this series to do great but the technical issues sound rough. The comments about it lacking that spark don't sound good either.

Last edited:

TRV

Nov 27, 2020
The Netherlands
Great to see many 80-90 reviews, much better than I expected. There are also a lot of lower reviews, but it seems that's less about it being a technical mess and more about personal preferences and/or expectations after Stardew Valley. Given my previous experience, my opinion is likely more favourable than the metacritic average for this series, so I look forward to playing this!

Jun 20, 2019
The character diversity amongst the townsfolk is exceptional. Off the top of my head the town's residents are presented as black African, Vietnamese, north European, Southern European, Japanese, and Latin American. None of these descend into flat caricatures, either.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
While I'm waiting for them to update Olive Town, should I give the 3DS entries a Tale of Two Towns and Story of Seasons a shot?

Never played those but I assume they're pretty good too.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
This has been the longest gap between two original Story of Seasons titles ever and frankly the result doesn't seem to reflect that. The makers seem to be universally disliked too and I don't understand how they made it into the game in the first place. Who thought having a dozen of them would be fun? Wasn't this playtested? Did the people in charge ignore feedback?

It's frustrating to me since Story of Seasons seems to be Marvelous's best selling IP and yet they never seem to give the franchise the budget and priority it deserves. Looking at the initial Japanese sales, this game could have become a multi million seller if they hadn't half assed the release and I just don't get it.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I had this preordered, but ended up cancelling when the initial impressions were less than stellar. Once I found out there is no shed, and you're stuck filling your land with makers I drifted further away. I'd still like to get it, but I don't think it's a priority anymore.