• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.06 is out in Japan:
-Makes it easier to find event organizers
-improved performance when upgrading tools.
-Solo Egg Festival event added
-Ability to change what animals and children are called though shrine item
-Enhanced rendition at the time of achievement of city quests.
-Behavior modification when talking to residents who are eating, fishing, etc. I'm guessing this means they added more dialog for different situations.
-Changes what happens at 2am. Probably making it so you don't just pass out

1.07 will release by the end of July:
-Strengthen the production when the city develops. So probably more drastic cosmetic changes when you upgrade the city
-Making the characters more expressive(movement and facial expressions)

Last edited:

NamikazeBurst

Oct 25, 2017
Bought this on sale. Waiting for NA to get the big patches. Probably 1.06 is when I'll start, after reading what it and 1.07 contains above. Hopefully it doesn't go on an even bigger sale before then.

Oct 28, 2017
Does seedling mode give you more time in the day? My gf likes Friends of Mineral Town but gave up because the days went too quick. Is this any better?

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does seedling mode give you more time in the day? My gf likes Friends of Mineral Town but gave up because the days went too quick. Is this any better?

No extra time, but there's also less constraints. For example, you don't have to get everything shipped before 5. Just have it in the bin before bed.

Oct 27, 2017
i got an update. nyc here.

hmm, not entirely sure it's THE update. i just turned on my switch and it was updating. it could have been a pending older one that is only now updating, but idk. says "Ver 1.0.4" in the title screen, so i'm doubtful.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I see we're still in the "wait for the game to be patched up phase". Poke back in later then, eh?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
XSEED said that they ran into certification issues patch 1.05 in the US and it will be releasing on Saturday

They also provided an official translation for patch 1.06:

• Makes it easier to see who is running the event at festivals
  • Adds an event for when the player participates in the Egg Festival by themself
  • Add the ability to change your child/your animals' names
    The option to change your child/your animals' names has been added to available blessings at the shrine
  • Improves visuals when completing town requests
  • Improves visuals when upgrading tools
  • Improves character behavior when talking to villagers who are eating, fishing, etc.
  • Implements a new message when returning home at 2AM
  • Fixes an issue where the game could freeze after the child adoption event when several events occur in succession
  • Fixes an issue where the load screen could freeze when leaving a coop
  • Fixes an issue where the game could freeze during the Mushroom Hunt when picking up a mushroom after changing the camera distance in a certain area
  • Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when the player interacts with an animal immediately before it returns to its coop or barn
  • Fixes an issue where the game could freeze when starting the game with no controller connected
  • Fixes an issue where pressing the A button repeatedly while moving in front of an unrepaired farm facility could cause actions that use the A button, such as picking up items, to not work
  • Other minor bug fixes

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if that issue is something that's ever happened before for Xseed. Good to finally have a date for the patch in NA! Gonna revisit this game this weekend after putting the game on hold while i waited for the patch.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
hoping for good impressions of the 1.05 patch

haven't picked this up yet, mainly because I fell off of mineral town and want to play more of it first, but all these patches coming out in the meantime has worked in my favor

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
hoping for good impressions of the 1.05 patch

haven't picked this up yet, mainly because I fell off of mineral town and want to play more of it first, but all these patches coming out in the meantime has worked in my favor
1.05 is already out in Japan and Europe. I don't know how people feel about the Maker changes, but the dialogue changes are big and the other stuff is good QoL.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i started a new file and performance seems a better than before, but it may just be because i only have the first little area of the farm open atm.

you can really tell the new dialogue apart from the old because it takes up the whole text box instead of just like one line.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
i started a new file and performance seems a better than before, but it may just be because i only have the first little area of the farm open atm.

you can really tell the new dialogue apart from the old because it takes up the whole text box instead of just like one line.
Improved performance/lag reductions was one of the things done with this patch.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
—-【Version 1.0.5 Notes】————

• Changes the functionality of makers to make them easier to use
    Makers can now be pre-loaded with enough materials to continually make up to 10 items of the same type
  • Adds the ability to sidestep and lock movement in a straight line
    Hold the L Button or R Button while moving with the Left Stick to lock your movement in left, right, up, or down direction
  • Adds a heart gauge visual during dialogue with marriage candidates
  • Improves some issues that caused lag
  • Removes the need to press the A Button when moving from indoors to outdoors
  • Adjusts some cooking times
  • Adjusts some of the residents' existing dialogue and adds new dialogue
  • Changes characters' responses when giving a present, confession, or proposing multiple times in one day
  • Adds new visuals for different meals

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
being able to dump a lot of materials into makers really does change the flow of the early game. not having the babysit makers when you're making early game materials with low processing times, and waking up to one machine having made 4 materials while you slept really does speed things along. i don't think this is gonna change anyone's minds about the makers, and i don't think the maker system in PoOT are preferable to the maker system in Trio, but i do think this was an improvement compared to the launch

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Put so many hours into the game before i stopped and waited for the patch, got married and have all areas unlocked but part of me really wants to start over now with this patch but i'd lose so many hours. Can't decide.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Put so many hours into the game before i stopped and waited for the patch, got married and have all areas unlocked but part of me really wants to start over now with this patch but i'd lose so many hours. Can't decide.
The sooner you just do it, the sooner you can get back to where you were and be happy with your game progress.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Bumping to let you know that 1.5 patch is now LIVE in the US (not sure elsewhere).
This is the bigger one I've been waiting for in order to play.
Now to finally dig inn:)

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Started a new file, and although it wasn't listed on the patch notes the fish list bug has also been fixed. Really enjoying my time now that I can finally complete everything.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Played a bit on Sunday and there was nowhere near as much slowdown when in certain areas of my farm that had a lot before. Though I might also be joining the new save file crew to see the dialog changes, among other things.

Oct 27, 2017
i started over. the changes seem good so far — i can't literally tell how much the dialogue has changed, since it's been months between playthroughs, but NPCs definitely have personality now, when it was pretty dead in the water before.

i wonder if there's a youtube video outlining dialogue especially.

makers now accept a crapton of material to create multiple items, which is rad.

this game is becoming one of my favorites in the farm genre tbh — and it seems like it's just going to get better with the next patch.

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I finally managed to clear the main storyline (the town requests) and got the
Animal Parade
after only 3 seasons. The cutscenes are very funny, but I think the requests are a bit too easy. I'll focus on mastering all skills, getting all the orichalcon tools and breeding my animals until I have all 10 star byproducts for the second year, and only worry about marriage once all the DLC characters are in the game. I'll probably end up marrying and divorcing everyone and save my favorite (Reina) for last.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Parade
after only 3 seasons. The cutscenes are very funny, but I think the requests are a bit too easy. I'll focus on mastering all skills, getting all the orichalcon tools and breeding my animals until I have all 10 star byproducts for the second year, and only worry about marriage once all the DLC characters are in the game. I'll probably end up marrying and divorcing everyone and save my favorite (Reina) for last.

Yeah, on one hand, while I appreciate the breeziness of the story missions, it feels like maybe the objectives could have been a bit more challenging. There was never a point where I actually had to acquire materials to fulfill the missions, because it was always stuff I had laying around in my inventory already. Especially with the tourism aspect, it feels like maybe they could have asked the player to actually build objects for town instead of just turning in materials? Like if I had to actually build new benches for the town, that would have been actually something instead of just picking up 10 solid lumber from my inventory or whatever and delivering it.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
The egg hunt is coming soon. Did you know the egg hunt is coming soon? I'm looking forward to the egg hunt. I have to get ready for the egg hunt.

The townspeople are completely obsessed with the egg hunt.

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
The egg hunt is coming soon. Did you know the egg hunt is coming soon? I'm looking forward to the egg hunt. I have to get ready for the egg hunt.

The townspeople are completely obsessed with the egg hunt.

Easily my least favorite part of the game, brought me back to many traumatic memories of Bunny Day in Animal Crossing last year...

Even 3 days after the festival he townfolks are still talking about Egg day, eeesh haha

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Easily my least favorite part of the game, brought me back to many traumatic memories of Bunny Day in Animal Crossing last year...

Even 3 days after the festival he townfolks are still talking about Egg day, eeesh haha

It's like a scene in a Children of the Corn style horror film where the outsider talks to people and they keep saying, "I must prepare for the becoming," or something like that.

Detective: "I'm investigating the disappearance of a local girl."

Townsperson: "I must prepare for the Egg Hunt."

OP
OP
Nilou

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a scene in a Children of the Corn style horror film where the outsider talks to people and they keep saying, "I must prepare for the becoming," or something like that.

Detective: "I'm investigating the disappearance of a local girl."

Townsperson: "I must prepare for the Egg Hunt."

Now that you mention it it really is a great and perfect comparison, so true haha

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
It really is a good game though, despite my complaints about the egg hunt obsession. I've been waiting for the 1.05 patch and the timing was actually perfect. My wife and I are starting sleep training with my infant daughter and I have the 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM shift.

In between resettling her, I played Olive Town for basically four hours straight last night and the time flew by so it's clearly engaging.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Animal Parade

Yeah, the requests are pretty easy so far. After only 21 days, people are saying things like "Olive Town really has come a long way." (Just finished improving the benches). I'm all, "It's been three weeks…"

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
So have the patches been Well received? I️ noticed the games popping up on sale and I'm very tempted

Oct 28, 2017
So have the patches been Well received? I️ noticed the games popping up on sale and I'm very tempted
Yes, they have been. I've been playing it and the patches are really good, especially if you bought the DLC which adds a bunch of outfits plus 2 villagers and 2 marriage candidates per DLC area (the last DLC area isn't coming out until August or September though).

There are still performance issues where the game "freezes" for a second here and there while you're running around, but aside from that I haven't run into any other crashes, glitches, or other problems of that nature.