• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
I just want a new full fledged "console level" harvest moon.

Build off of AWL or ToT/AP.

This legit looks like only a slight upgrade to the 3ds games. Its sad. I was hoping the return of the franchise to consoles might result in something more "real" feeling.

I don't even need crazy graphics. Rune Factory Frontier level is all I ask

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND

This legit looks like only a slight upgrade to the 3ds games. Its sad. I was hoping the return of the franchise to consoles might result in something more "real" feeling.

Rune Factory 5 is looking pretty alright.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

This game looks so much better than the 3DS games imo

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
www.gematsu.com

Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town retail editions detailed for North America, Europe

Publishers XSEED Games and Marvelous Europe have detailed the retail editions of Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town for North America and Europe.
Nice edition ! Too bad we still don't get the cute plushie in Europe though :)
49€ is a nice price, probably will be easy to find at like 35 or 40€ at launch in some stores. (Got the FoMT remake at 30€ day one !)

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'll continue to grab every SoS games but it looks all the money went to Rune Factory. The last couple SoS games, outside of Doraemon, don't look too hot. This seems to be an improvement over the Mineral Town remake at least.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
You do get the plushie.
Not in the European collector, at least not according to Gematsu's article ^^
US gets this one :
Story-of-Seasons-Pioneers-of-Olive-Town_2020_12-03-20_013-1536x864.jpg

Europe gets this one :
Story-of-Seasons-Pioneers-of-Olive-Town_2020_12-03-20_014-1536x922.jpg

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not in the European collector, at least not according to Gematsu's article ^^
US gets this one :
Story-of-Seasons-Pioneers-of-Olive-Town_2020_12-03-20_013-1536x864.jpg

Europe gets this one :
Story-of-Seasons-Pioneers-of-Olive-Town_2020_12-03-20_014-1536x922.jpg

It's not in the image, but here's a direct quote from the PR e-mail:

Those who pre-order this Deluxe Edition, or the Standard Edition, within Europe will also receive a Buffalo plush toy as a pre-order bonus. This Buffalo plush will be offered to those who pre-order before launch at selected retailers, and will only be available while supplies last.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to import the EU edition instead of getting the US edition. I really want the notebook and trading cards...

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Is there any EU retailer that ships to the US directly and that wouldn't cost a large increase in costs?

Amazon uk isn't too bad. It's hit and miss whether or not they will ship to the states though.

STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town

Welcome to Olive Town, it's your job to carry on your grandfathers' legacy now! Plant crops, raise animals, build relationships, and get to know the residents of your new home.

Has a list of retailers that will carry the bonus plush. Not sure if any of them have listed the deluxe edition yet though.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
"Harvest Moon games sure are ugly can't they do better!" has been a thing people have been saying for decades now. I feel like A Wonderful Life is one of the few that people didn't say that about... And I found Magical Melody much better looking.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon uk isn't too bad. It's hit and miss whether or not they will ship to the states though.

STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town

Welcome to Olive Town, it's your job to carry on your grandfathers' legacy now! Plant crops, raise animals, build relationships, and get to know the residents of your new home.

Has a list of retailers that will carry the bonus plush. Not sure if any of them have listed the deluxe edition yet though.

Thank you! Will look into it after.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Harvest Moon games sure are ugly can't they do better!" has been a thing people have been saying for decades now. I feel like A Wonderful Life is one of the few that people didn't say that about... And I found Magical Melody much better looking.

It's true. Bokumono has never been pushing any console to its limits before. I guess this time it's just more egregious because Rune Factory 5 is right next to it.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
harvest-moon-light-of-hope-1.jpg

It looks pretty good to me, esp compared to the shitty games now parading around as Harvest Moon

Aw, I'm not really a fan of the veggie models. Ah well, super excited for the new one. Magical Melody and a New Beginning are two of my favorites bc of the customization of placement and clearing you had to do, this seems in the same vein.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Aw, I'm not really a fan of the veggie models. Ah well, super excited for the new one. Magical Melody and a New Beginning are two of my favorites bc of the customization of placement and clearing you had to do, this seems in the same vein.
To be clear, the image I posted was from Harvest Moon:Light of Hope (made by Natume who essentially stole the series name as far as I'm concerned) and not the new Story of Seasons (made by the previous Harvest Moon devs). I was trying to say that new Harvest Moons look like shit and new Story of Seasons look totally fine

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
It's true. Bokumono has never been pushing any console to its limits before. I guess this time it's just more egregious because Rune Factory 5 is right next to it.

It's funny though because the "best looking" Rune Factory games, like Frontier and such, are amongst the least favorite for fans. So there's some worry there for longtime fans. I also see Rune Factory fans who are unhappy with the perspective and "3D-ness" in general of it.

The grass is always greener.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A Wonderful Like is unique, but it's super empty. Like it's the game a lot of people want to see remade next and it's also the one that would need the most work.

Every console game sense has had more of a "cartoony", so they must've not liked it for the series.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Usually any time these come out I feel like it's steps forward and back but so far everything I've seen about this has been good....almost too good.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A Wonderful Like is unique, but it's super empty. Like it's the game a lot of people want to see remade next and it's also the one that would need the most work.

Every console game sense has had more of a "cartoony", so they must've not liked it for the series.

AWL needing so much work is part of why I want it remade, much like how I want 64 remade so that the bachelors are marriagable and some of the cut content may be added back. But yeah, it's SUPER empty feeling. I tried to go back to it recently but it's just...

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I'd love a remake + buffing up of Magical Melody. Still my favorite after BTN.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Usually any time these come out I feel like it's steps forward and back but so far everything I've seen about this has been good....almost too good.
It feels like they spent the time since ToT looking at what certain other series did and then they added a bunch of other ideas on top of it.

AWL needing so much work is part of why I want it remade, much like how I want 64 remade so that the bachelors are marriagable and some of the cut content may be added back. But yeah, it's SUPER empty feeling. I tried to go back to it recently but it's just...
If we got AWL or HMDS remakes I wonder what they would do with the bachelor designs because they were clearly not planned to be marriageable.

I was talking with other SoS fans and one suggested combining AWL and HMDS into one new game, which would be cool.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we got AWL or HMDS remakes I wonder what they would do with the bachelor designs because they were clearly not planned to be marriageable.

I was talking with other SoS fans and one suggested combining AWL and HMDS into one new game, which would be cool.

HMDS would have a good excuse for totally redesigning all the characters like SoS: FoMT did. In the context of DS, they're not the same characters as FoMT and AWL, but rather descendants from a century down the line, complete with a few new personality quirks, different names in the Japanese version, and referencing the original FoMT and AWL cast in passing at times.

Natsume just bungled up that bit of nuance by completely ignoring it, causing a lot of people who played the English versions to not even know about it.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
the way harvest moon ds cute pioneered the gals being pals feature because they recognized that the male options were so bad....

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the way harvest moon ds cute pioneered the gals being pals feature because they recognized that the male options were so bad....

and then Natsume gut it from the localized versions and told Marvelous not to do it again because they're just bastards like that I guess. Glad they've seen the light now.

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I'd love a remake + buffing up of Magical Melody. Still my favorite after BTN.
Yes, your taste is excellent. This would have been an even better remake for me than FoMT, I think of MM as sort of a fan service game since it combined two of the greatest ever BokuMono casts of characters.

... and I could finally be gay with hot doctor Alex, which is totally just a bonus.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, your taste is excellent. This would have been an even better remake for me than FoMT, I think of MM as sort of a fan service game since it combined two of the greatest ever BokuMono casts of characters.

... and I could finally be gay with hot doctor Alex, which is totally just a bonus.
Honestly I still think MM was as close as Harvest Moon/SoS ever got to perfection, and it never quite ever rose back to that height. Glad I'm not alone :D