• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to winter and my horse is now and adult. Mugi visited my farm and took away my horse as it wasn't at enough hearts. I didn't know you could brush the horse... It's my own fault because I never checked the pets menu to see it had the brush icon but I guess I'm waiting a whole year before I can get my horse back 😅

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Just got to winter and my horse is now and adult. Mugi visited my farm and took away my horse as it wasn't at enough hearts. I didn't know you could brush the horse... It's my own fault because I never checked the pets menu to see it had the brush icon but I guess I'm waiting a whole year before I can get my horse back 😅
I haven't played in around a week. I was on the early days of Winter when I put it down. I got distracted with a couple other games. I'll get back to it once I finish up the Future Connected portion of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played in around a week. I was on the early days of Winter when I put it down. I got distracted with a couple other games. I'll get back to it once I finish up the Future Connected portion of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Ive been playing about an hour every day or every other day when I decide to lay in bed for the night or when I get out of work and am too tired to do much. It's been a nice way to wind down and relax with.

Finally was able to upgrade my barn and am able to buy makers now. Will be nice to finally make butter and cheese.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Oh no! When Mugi originally gave you the horse, a day or so later you should have gotten a letter from the blacksmith telling you he has a brush in stock. I will say though that since you can no longer use the horse to ship from, once you win the horse race to get its power berry, it is not as useful as it was in the GBA games.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no! When Mugi originally gave you the horse, a day or so later you should have gotten a letter from the blacksmith telling you he has a brush in stock. I will say though that since you can no longer use the horse to ship from, once you win the horse race to get its power berry, it is not as useful as it was in the GBA games.

Yeah 😅 I remember reading the letter but for some reason I just assumed the brush would only work on cows, sheep, etc... Since you didn't need to give the horse fodder or anything I just assumed the only care you needed to give it was daily talking to it.

I have 2 save files but unfortunately my other save file was daily close in days to my main save file so even brushing it wasn't enough to raise him to 4 hearts.

I did really enjoy how fast traveling on horse back was but the collision box of the horse was a but unfortunate as many times in town I got stuck a bit after dismounting my hours since you're unable to pass by animals. There's also been times a cow has sat in from of the doorway as I enter my bars preventing me from going in. Same with the occasional villager.

Will just have to wait until the Spring year 3 Horse race to get that power berry!

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Just got this game and it's my entry point into the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons franchise and I'm super excited! I've been wanting to get into it for a while now and I felt like this one would be a good starting point as the first Switch game, despite the basic graphics (which I still think are adorable and endearing).

I'm using a dessert theme for my farm, so it's called Tiramisu Farm. My first horse was named Sprinkle and my first calf is named Pudding!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Update; Ran, Rick and Karen are now at Red Heart levels.

I think Karen is going to end up being the one though. Her heart events are great and she has probably my favorite romance dialogue of them all.

Ego4a-IWUw-AAJJ33.jpg

Ego4a-I8-Uc-AAwsf-V.jpg

Ego4a-Ii-Uc-AAFKWe.jpg

Ego4a-Iw-Vg-AA-wd5.jpg

Also I am only mildly bitter that I finally got enough money to afford a pet dog from Van on the 15th of Winter as I only finally made enough money during the Fall horse race after his Fall 15th visit and he had no dogs for sale only capybara's.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Also I am only mildly bitter that I finally got enough money to afford a pet dog from Van on the 15th of Winter as I only finally made enough money during the Fall horse race after his Fall 15th visit and he had no dogs for sale only capybara's.
Yes, the way the pet stall (and pets in general) works in this game is something I am not a fan of.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the way the pet stall (and pets in general) works in this game is something I am not a fan of.

I think I read as well that Van doesn't allow you to buy another pet until after you maxed your current pet's friendship level too? Definitely not the most ideal system.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It's like they realized that the GBA games were really short and wanted to figure out a way to artificially extend the game but managed to come up with the least interesting way to go about it, so we get this... bad animal system.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I tried looking into it but couldn't find an answer, for the sake of Took upgrades/exp I know each correct use of the tool grants 100xp and just using a tool on the air grants 50, does charging the tool grant more exp or the same? Trying to level up my axe and fishing pole and wasn't sure if I should keep charging my tools to the maximum possible when using them or just use them at the lowest charge necessary for the purposes of exp.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
it took me 20+ reloads to get the Cursed Axe to spawn, but literally every other Cursed tool spawned on the first or second attempt.

anyway, it's winter year 2, and i think i may just sleep through most of the next couple of years to get my fields fully upgraded + my barn animals up to 10 hearts