• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
No. XSEED decided to completely redo the localization so there is very little, if any, of the original Natsume localization of in it. That includes the name changes from the original release since they wanted to be more faithful to the Japanese script and names.
Ohhh that makes a lot of sense.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
It's 1:00 AM and I have to wake up early for a work meeting tomorrow.

Just ONE more day and I'm done. I mean it.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Well my wife watched some videos of the game and so we decided to buy it. I've only played the first full day, and it's being back some memories. Definitely looks better than everything presented leading up to release. My only real grip is some of the characters and the main male player. I really like the environments and animals, they are cute.

I'm still plugging hours into Animal Crossing so I don't expect to play much every day, but that's fine. I tend to binge these games and they become tedious faster than I hope.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Question about the horse race in Spring:
Are the results of the first race deterministic / fixed? I got good odds (39x) in the first race, but unsurprisingly that horse keeps losing. Should I wait until the second or third races to place my bets?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Question about the horse race in Spring:
Are the results of the first race deterministic / fixed? I got good odds (39x) in the first race, but unsurprisingly that horse keeps losing. Should I wait until the second or third races to place my bets?
I was doing this last night and typically there are certain horses that are more likely to win over other within the context of your races for your instances for that day. At least for me if a faster horse had a higher odds win bonus they were more likely to lose against the other fast horse if they had a lesser odd win bonus. Ideally you have a lot of money to place bets on both horses just to play it safe.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I was doing this last night and typically there are certain horses that are more likely to win over other within the context of your races for your instances for that day. At least for me if a faster horse had a higher odds win bonus they were more likely to lose against the other fast horse if they had a lesser odd win bonus. Ideally you have a lot of money to place bets on both horses just to play it safe.
I guess what I'm asking is: is it foolish of me to just reload and place big bets on the odds in the first race over and over again? If the first race results always turn out the same way, there's no point to betting on it. The internet says that the second and third races have random odds while the first race is fixed, but I don't know if the first race has fixed results.

edit: I should mention, I planned poorly and am not going into this with a ton of money to splash around. I'm not going to break the game, but being able to grab the power berry would be nice and I have just about enough cash to do that if I win on long odds.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I guess what I'm asking is: is it foolish of me to just reload and place big bets on the odds in the first race over and over again? If the first race results always turn out the same way, there's no point to betting on it. The internet says that the second and third races have random odds while the first race is fixed, but I don't know if the first race has fixed results.
The 39 and other numbers are fixed in the first race but what horse wins is not fixed its just waaay more likely to be specific horses for each of the races, just look at the names as you reset and see who win most of the time in each race.

Oct 27, 2017
i'm really enjoying this. it feels like a very lean/fast paced story of seasons experience, and is something i can really sink my time into.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
So far having lots of fun with the game only very early on, time definitely goes by so fast though. It's nice they added and easy mode for people too. I went with normal though since I like the challenge.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
How is the PC version? Specifically, the controls. Does it have full controller support?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Someone posted a best seller screenshot on the DS/Halo thread and I saw this game, this actually have PC release ???

Welp time to add this to my wishlist and tell my sister about it.

I hope the game sell well enough on PC that XSeed consider bringing the next title on PC.

Edit : I never played the original game, but do play a crapton of Back To Nature, iirc BtN is based on Mineral Town, right ?

Edit 2 : OMG it also have amazing regional pricing, only 13$ here.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted a best seller screenshot on the DS/Halo thread and I saw this game, this actually have PC release ???

Welp time to add this to my wishlist and tell my sister about it.

I hope the game sell well enough on PC that XSeed consider bringing the next title on PC.

Edit : I never played the original game, but do play a crapton of Back To Nature, iirc BtN is based on Mineral Town, right ?

Edit 2 : OMG it also have amazing regional pricing, only 13$ here.
Mineral Town is a remake of BtN. This is a remake of Mineral Town.

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
How is the PC version? Specifically, the controls. Does it have full controller support?

I have found keyboard and mouse controls perfectly fine. I would like a little bit more precision when dealing with crops in the field, but other than that no problems on my end. I don't know about controller support.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get a fridge? Only on spring 8 but 2/3rds of my bag is full of honey and grasses and no where to store them. Checked the general store and construction place but don't see either of them selling a fridge or such.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I was pleasantly surprised to find a full manual in the game case (with a cute little comic in the back), and the back of the slipcover has redone artwork based on the old Friends and More Friends cover art which is great to see. Really looking forward to playing this.

Last edited:

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get a fridge? Only on spring 8 but 2/3rds of my bag is full of honey and grasses and no where to store them. Checked the general store and construction place but don't see either of them selling a fridge or such.

Some of these grasses state that if you ship enough of them, something good will happen. I assume those ones aren't the best to hoard. I'm just not sure what that good thing is.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these grasses state that if you ship enough of them, something good will happen. I assume those ones aren't the best to hoard. I'm just not sure what that good thing is.
I didn't know that, will have to read the descriptions of them! I usually sell 1 of every item and keep the rest for recipes that might need them in the future but at least early on bag space is more important

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised to find a full manual in the game case (with a cute little comic in the back), and the back of the slipcover has redone artwork based on the old Friends and New Friends cover art which is great to see. Really looking forward to playing this.
Yeah the manual is legit amazing, reminds me of the manuals for the older HM games

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Warning: Game has some PC issues I have been following the last 2 days.
If you are on Windows 10 there is less chance of problems, but if you have Windows 7 or 8.1 - the game is broken for many, with some workarounds that may work.
But even some people on Windows 10 are pressing Play on Steam then nothing happens and it does not launch, and no word from the devs as of right now as to what the hell is going on and when/if a fix is coming. Sorta frustrating.

Some people have said Keyboard works fine but yes it does have full controller support. Apparently on the map screen the analog stick moves a cursor around, but a lot of people have said controllers work fine for the game.

I still have not bought this game yet as I have been waiting for the PC version....I may just get the Switch. I think it's 60fps and native resolution with low loading times so the only thing PC would have going for it is higher resolution but videos look really good on Switch to me.

I don't know why I'm having a crisis buying this game lol. I love farming life sim stuff. I mean....I am about to buy Paper Mario and Ghost of Tsushima tomorrow night so maybe it's that another $50 after those is pushing like 200 bucks in 2 days lol. I will probably break and buy this tonight :)

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying this. The gba one is one of my favorite games ever. Graphics look okay in motion compared which was something I️ was concerned by. Love these sorts of games

CTheng

Apr 28, 2020
Any tips for finding the ladder in the mines?
As the others said, save and reload is the best way not to wast stamina.

However, the other thing to note is that the ladder will not appear in the squares that are adjacent to the wall or surrounding the previous ladder, so do not bother digging in those spaces.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Doesn't seem like stores got many copies here in Australia. Only one EB says they have stock and no Big W or JB near me has any.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019

Theres a cabinet in your house from day one that you can store tons of stuff in. In the top left. It just kind of looks like any other shelf and the game doesn't tell you about it, but yeah, that's what you're looking for.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I bought this on PC and it launched!!!

I am totally new to this game and have a simple question:
Where do I store items? My cabinet in the house would let me put wood and stone in it but grass, honey, flower it won't (???) and I have hardly any space in my bag lol

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
I bought this on PC and it launched!!!

I am totally new to this game and have a simple question:
Where do I store items? My cabinet in the house would let me put wood and stone in it but grass, honey, flower it won't (???) and I have hardly any space in my bag lol
Items used in meals go in the fridge which you can buy from Gotz based off of this video:

You need to have completed the first home renovation for the fridge to appear as an option.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Items used in meals go in the fridge which you can buy from Gotz based off of this video:

You need to have completed the first home renovation for the fridge to appear as an option.

So all this stuff like weeds and flowers has to stay in the bag? I keep running out of space trying to save things to give as gifts lol

moon jelly

Jun 24, 2020
United States
Is there a catch to using Harvest Sprites on your farm or am I really able to just exploit these little dudes for labor with no drawbacks? Having them harvest your crops or take care of the livestock doesn't seem worth it, but having them water your crops is so convenient that I almost feel like I'm cheating.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Theres a cabinet in your house from day one that you can store tons of stuff in. In the top left. It just kind of looks like any other shelf and the game doesn't tell you about it, but yeah, that's what you're looking for.
Thank you! Unfortunately you can't store grasses or food stuff in there but it did help me store all my wood/stone and various materials!

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a catch to using Harvest Sprites on your farm or am I really able to just exploit these little dudes for labor with no drawbacks? Having them harvest your crops or take care of the livestock doesn't seem worth it, but having them water your crops is so convenient that I almost feel like I'm cheating.

No drawbacks, and you pretty much need them if you have a large enough field of crops to feasibly water everything before the day ends.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's great how fast this game plays but it makes stuff like the slow fatigue animations stick out even more.

I wish I could make the text show up all at once without having to button mash too, it scrolls too slowly. Reminds me of VNs where I immediately change that aspect :/