• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My Best Buy order got cancelled last minute for some reason. Not listed on Target, BB listing is gone, GS not available, Walmart says it isn't coming until the 30th. What is going on?

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
My Best Buy order got cancelled last minute for some reason. Not listed on Target, BB listing is gone, GS not available, Walmart says it isn't coming until the 30th. What is going on?

Weird. Only ordered a few days ago from Best Buy and mine has shipped. Hope you're able to find it, but if not (as a physical buyer myself).. fuck it! Digital. You're certainly trying to do it the right way. Also, looks like myself and others won't get that pre-order cow plush via mail anyway. In store only.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

The game is still available to pre-order from XSeed Games: https://store.xseedgames.com/product/story-of-seasons-friends-of-mineral-town/
and on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Story-Seasons-Friends-Mineral-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B086LML1R3/

Both will get the cow plushie if you pre-order.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Xseed and Best buy were the 2 places I was planning on getting it from and ultimately decided on Xseed directly, guess I made the wise choice. Wonder why Bestbuy seems to be having issues with the game, between the one user not getting the plush and now anothers order getting cancelled. I'm sorry those of you having issues :(

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Xseed and Best buy were the 2 places I was planning on getting it from and ultimately decided on Xseed directly, guess I made the wise choice. Wonder why Bestbuy seems to be having issues with the game, between the one user not getting the plush and now anothers order getting cancelled. I'm sorry those of you having issues :(

Apparently plushies for Best Buy are only allocated for in-store preorders only is what I've been hearing.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is the PC version on sale anywhere or do I just have to pay full price for it?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently plushies for Best Buy are only allocated for in-store preorders only is what I've been hearing.

Oh I see, wonder if that's been like that in the past with Best Buy as I've always used pick up at store. Wonder if it'll be the same with Amazon too, I know for Trio of Towns they gave me 3 of those pre-order plushies even though I only ordered a single copy of the game.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh I see, wonder if that's been like that in the past with Best Buy as I've always used pick up at store. Wonder if it'll be the same with Amazon too, I know for Trio of Towns they gave me 3 of those pre-order plushies even though I only ordered a single copy of the game.
Amazon should get plushies with all pre-orders.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
My Amazon copy just shipped but I realized that my copy, while it apparently gets an adorable plushie, won't come with the preorder cow outfits because those are digital only. I am conflicted.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
So this has been in the hands of uk players for a few days now right? I just wanted to double check that there are no weird glaring issues (other than the art style). Plays completely fine to the standard of the old GBA game, no weird load times, no new bugs, stuff like that.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the PC version on sale anywhere or do I just have to pay full price for it?

It's only listed on the Steam store right now. Xseed doesn't do a lot of third party sites but they do have a decent amount of games on Humble Store so it may show up there soon.

UnrulyUmbreon

Apr 2, 2018
My Amazon copy just shipped but I realized that my copy, while it apparently gets an adorable plushie, won't come with the preorder cow outfits because those are digital only. I am conflicted.

It is my understanding that the cow outfits aren't exclusive to the digital pre-orders. You can purchase them separately on the eShop:

marvelousgames.com

STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town Digital Pre-Order Available on Nintendo eShop

It is the news that many have been waiting for, and today we are today happy to confirm that STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town is now available to pre-order digitally from the Nintendo eShop as well as physically from selected retailers across Europe and Australia.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So this has been in the hands of uk players for a few days now right? I just wanted to double check that there are no weird glaring issues (other than the art style). Plays completely fine to the standard of the old GBA game, no weird load times, no new bugs, stuff like that.

Yep. Haven't had any issues. If it had the PlayStation content and rival marriages it would probably be the definitive version of Mineral Town.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rival marriages were removed because of Japanese players input. Was a Marvelous JP decision sadly.

Really wish they just made it a toggle or something 'cause JP players are wrong. Other couples getting together is a key part of the town itself's character progression.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh, that's kind of hilarious.

I never understood why it was a problem, personally. They're so slow in getting together. It took over 5 years in the original game.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Only ordered a few days ago from Best Buy and mine has shipped. Hope you're able to find it, but if not (as a physical buyer myself).. fuck it! Digital. You're certainly trying to do it the right way. Also, looks like myself and others won't get that pre-order cow plush via mail anyway. In store only.
I ordered it last week for curbside pickup and it went through fine! Then all of a sudden today I got the cancellation email and the listing on BB's website said that it's not available at all anymore for shipping or in-store.

I don't really want the cow plush, just a physical copy lol. Might have to just get it through XSEED and wait it out.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Really wish they just made it a toggle or something 'cause JP players are wrong. Other couples getting together is a key part of the town itself's character progression.

I never understood why it was a problem, personally. They're so slow in getting together. It took over 5 years in the original game.
I read once that the system wasn't popular in Japan because it made Japanese players feel guilty for "stealing" the marriage candidates from the rival partners they were designed to be with. I dunno if that's actually true or just speculation though.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
This isn't relevant to the game itself really but I just something-adjacent-to-Baader-Meinhof'd the hell out of myself. I was looking through GBA games to try and the original game was one of the ones I saw right before I closed the list and then I click my Era bookmark and this thread was the first thread on the top of the page lol. I'd never even heard of that particular entry in the series until today.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I read once that the system wasn't popular in Japan because it made Japanese players feel guilty for "stealing" the marriage candidates from the rival partners they were designed to be with. I dunno if that's actually true or just speculation though.
That's apparently what the producer said. You had fans who didn't like competing against the rivals and you had fans who felt guilty about split up "canon pairings".

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Nothing yet here on Switch at 11:30pm Central so looks like this is coming out everywhere tomorrow around lunchtime.

Im still not sure if I want to buy it. Like I said before, I don't have any real experience with the original, but I watched a video today and time moved so fast that for a 16 hour day it would be over in like 6 minutes?! Stardew stresses me out and it's a lot slower paced lol. Anyone with experience talk about whether the speed makes everything go by too quickly?

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing yet here on Switch at 11:30pm Central so looks like this is coming out everywhere tomorrow around lunchtime.

Im still not sure if I want to buy it. Like I said before, I don't have any real experience with the original, but I watched a video today and time lived so fast that for a 16 hour day it would be over in like 6 minutes?! Stardew stresses me out and it's a lot slower paced lol. Anyone with experience talk about whether the speed makes everything go by too quickly?
Sounds about right to the original. The areas of a lot smaller than stardew valley, time also stops when you are indoors unless they changed it (which would be awful for mining, so I doubt it)

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Im still not sure if I want to buy it. Like I said before, I don't have any real experience with the original, but I watched a video today and time lived so fast that for a 16 hour day it would be over in like 6 minutes?! Stardew stresses me out and it's a lot slower paced lol. Anyone with experience talk about whether the speed makes everything go by too quickly?
Been playing for a few days, the in game days move fast but time stops indoors and while mining, so it's not that bad. You'll want to befriend the nature sprites as soon as possible because they will do farm tasks for you (like watering crops) so you can spend time doing other things.

All of the animal husbandry takes place indoors (coop, barn, etc.) so only maintaining crops, foraging, and travel to locations will take up time. Your horse matures by Winter and that makes travel pretty quick.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, the NA version didnt unlock at midnight like the Versions for the Rest of the World last week did?
Thats some strange decision on their part.

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Weird, the NA version didnt unlock at midnight like the Versions for the Rest of the World last week did?

Different Nintendo branches, different decisions.

Nintendo of Australia and Nintendo of Europe release at midnight.

Nintendo of America decides to have two times, some games release at 12am (ET) otherwise they're usually out at 12pm (PT)

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I can't recall anytime where a 3rd party game released at midnight on the eShop here in NA. They usually come out when the eShop updates at 12pm EST.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying it (my review - check the comments for some yucks) but booooooy joycon drift is making it really unbearable and the art style really is a huge detractor

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm guessing this isn't getting a midnight release. Ugh.
If it didn't unlock at midnight, then it unlocks when the eShop updates, so 12PM EST.
so NA isn't gonna unlock until tomorrow huh 🥺
grrrr when is the digital version able to be played. GRRRR. (nyc boy here)

eShop version is released.

False alarm, apologies.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Also: The game feels incredibly easy, if you really know stuff from the OG. I had so much money right off the bat, because I did the derby trick and just spammed the spirits with grass (not weed!), so they could water my 10 x 9 fields of pineapple in summer. It's still so easy to "break" the game. (I personally don't mind it but that just shows how similar it is to the OG because every trick that worked over 15 years ago, still works perfectly fine).

Yeah, I actually was looking up gamefaq mining guides that I had read decades ago and applying the knowledge straight up.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Been playing for a few days, the in game days move fast but time stops indoors and while mining, so it's not that bad. You'll want to befriend the nature sprites as soon as possible because they will do farm tasks for you (like watering crops) so you can spend time doing other things.

All of the animal husbandry takes place indoors (coop, barn, etc.) so only maintaining crops, foraging, and travel to locations will take up time. Your horse matures by Winter and that makes travel pretty quick.
This is all great to know thanks! It honestly sounds far more manageable than I originally thought :)
I'm assuming if I adore Stardew then I should buy this...

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is all great to know thanks! It honestly sounds far more manageable than I originally thought :)
I'm assuming if I adore Stardew then I should buy this...
It is manageable, and also time management is part of the moment to moment fun in these games. So you want there to be at least a little bit of time pressure.

Yeah if you like Stardew you will like this, Stardew was directly based on these early Harvest Moon/Bokujo no Monogatari games.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I haven't played a Harvest Moon game since A New Beginning (which was great, IMO) so I might give this a try. Been itching for some farming life.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if RF5 will make it to this year or not.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Has anyone answered the most pressing question about the remake yet?
What happens when you check your TV at 4:44?

OP
OP
브라이언

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm guessing this isn't getting a midnight release. Ugh.
If it didn't unlock at midnight, then it unlocks when the eShop updates, so 12PM EST.
so NA isn't gonna unlock until tomorrow huh 🥺
grrrr when is the digital version able to be played. GRRRR. (nyc boy here)

eShop is out! Being srs now.