• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Am I the only one who feels absolutely nothing about this game? Like I'm more interested in godfall and that's saying something

Steak

Oct 27, 2017
me when they came up on vauxhall station:

[imagine I put a picture of leo pointing at the screen here]

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
So I have only been following this here and there, is the main character system basically like the Nemesis system from Mordor but for protagonists?

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I thought it was supposed to look downtrodden. I don't remember much bin bags lying around Camden last time I went.

Tonswelt

Aug 25, 2018
Germany
I don't know why but since Cyberpunk fell off my radar I've been getting more and more excited about WD3. I loved the previous games but I didn't really anticipate this installment until a couple of weeks ago. Let's see if I'll play it on release, but either way, I'll be excited to play it. I love London and British accents. I'll have to play it somewhen.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
having worked in Camden for the past couple of years... there's a lot of bin bags.

Basically planning to play this as a London walking simulator.
Yes, but camden market, specifically. Legion makes it look like the fifth week of a council strike, and doesn't bear any resemblance to my experience.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
It does make me wonder how much of the city will be open right from the start. I've only been there once, but I would like to retrace my steps.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but camden market, specifically. Legion makes it look like the fifth week of a council strike, and doesn't bear any resemblance to my experience.

I mean its a videogame interpretation of a London in a more dystopic state, in the future, so why should it have to mirror your experience? Unless the devs have specifically stated they're trying to do a 1:1 recreation which wouldn't even make sense on a logistical level for development for this type of open world game, and doubly wouldn't make sense for the extreme police state theme going on in Legion's London.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I was pretty excited about this when it was announced, but I've really lost interest in it. I'm not sure what it is about the marketing cycle for the game, but I loved WD2 and totally fell out of the loop on this one. Might grab it on sale if the reception is strong enough.

S2KTeDDy

Jan 22, 2018
Makes me proud to be a Londoner. American cities get depicted way too often. As far as general atmosphere and feel, I would say its pretty damn good. Looking forward to it.
(Source: Geezer who lives in Hackney... I hope they do my borough proud... loool)

sinny

Oct 28, 2017
I want to play an open world game in London, but after WD2 i just can't get excited.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I was pretty excited about this when it was announced, but I've really lost interest in it. I'm not sure what it is about the marketing cycle for the game, but I loved WD2 and totally fell out of the loop on this one. Might grab it on sale if the reception is strong enough.
Pretty much me right here. I was initially interested because I enjoyed WD2, but I keep forgetting this is even coming out

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I mean its a videogame interpretation of a London in a more dystopic state, in the future, so why should it have to mirror your experience? Unless the devs have specifically stated they're trying to do a 1:1 recreation which wouldn't even make sense on a logistical level for development for this type of open world game, and doubly wouldn't make sense for the extreme police state theme going on in Legion's London.
You're holding the wrong end of someone else's stick here, mate. Someone made a light comparison to reality about the dystopic appearance of the city which I refuted, from my own experience.