• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

who should i join

• stormcloaks

• imperial legion

Results are only viewable after voting.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
who should i join and why? i kinda wanna join the stormcloaks but ulfric is a racist douchebag. why is he always calling everybody milk-drinkers? it's weird. i will join whoever wins the poll.

OP
OP
blame space

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah the staff post

ETdkFeI_d.jpg

check out this sweet staff i found (not my picture)

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
stormcloaks are racist and xenophobic cunts, fuck ulfric

imperials are the lesser of two evils but they suck too, corrupt as fuck, but better jarls

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Doesn't the interworking of the elder scrolls deep lore imply the stormcloaks taking Skyrim is terrible for literally all of existence or some shit.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Stormcloaks are racist pieces of shit. Empire is working with thalmor who are trying to wipe out all of humanity. Both are fucked but I sided with stormcloaks due to that reason. Well, tried to make a truce but you can guess how that went.

Love that staff post lmao

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
why would you side with racist nationalist pricks that will get us all killed once the elves start the war again ?

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish the start of the game wasn't stupid on the imperial legion front because they're not that bad a faction. But yeah I didn't join them for several playthroughs because of that.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
why would you side with racist nationalist pricks that will get us all killed once the elves start the war again ?
Because most Skyrim players especially don't pay attention to- or give a shit about the Elder Scrolls lore and overarching story.
I also picked the Stormcloaks because it was pitched as 'xenophobic, racist, shit elves and the empire are eradicating a whole culture because they can.'
It wasn't until I got hooked on deep lore did I heartily side with the Imperials in my next playthrough. Although both are absolutely fucked choices anyway.
Unless they dumb down shit even more or entirely retcon the whole plot I can't see any situation where the human empire as the series knows it stays afloat in any way. Unless the Khajiit revolt after finding out about the moon trick the Altmer did, they are absolutely shit faced.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stormcloaks are racist pieces of shit. Empire is working with thalmor who are trying to wipe out all of humanity. Both are fucked but I sided with stormcloaks due to that reason. Well, tried to make a truce but you can guess how that went.

Love that staff post lmao
isnt the stormcloacks that are working with thalmor?

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
siding with the stormcloaks is wrong in so many ways.
They are super racist against argonians and Dark Elves, and notably the people that become jarls when you side with the stormcloaks pretty much all suck more than their imperial counterparts. (Even the falkreath jarl who on the imperial side is a noted asshole is still better than a paranoid racist old man)

Even if your whole thing is that you hate the thalmor, its heavily implied in game that the empire and the Thalmor are going to go to war again soon, which means a unified empire stands a better chance to beat the Thalmor.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017

I always took that note as they tortured dude then let him go as surveillance with the thought the stormcloaks would never be anything more than a easily put down rebel force. They could be used to cause division among humanity while they forced the much larger empire to do the heavy work in curtailing and prepping the masses for whatever they had planned later on.

I think the whole thing was left kind of vague just to make it a difficult choice for the player.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
neither, just run off to do the dawnsguard stuff and then make a poll about joining the dawnsguard or the vampires

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Thalmor has the Imperials grabbed by the balls. Feeling they don't have the resources for a Thalmor retaliation so they are succumbing to most demands and are letting the Thalmor run free in Skyrim executing innocent civilians (men and women) whose beliefs don't align with their own.

Its fucked up.

And Yes, Stormcloaks can be bigoted and close minded but I side with their cause of fighting to free Skyrim from the Thalmor.

And with both Ulfric Stormcloak and the Last Dragonborn having the overpowered magic of the Thu'um at their disposal, united, they stand more chance against the Thalmor as opposed to just 1 single Thu'um user if you join the Imperial Legion.

It was an easy decision for me.

Last edited:

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
They are both pretty awful and each have their drawbacks.

That said, the Imperials seem better than the Stormcloaks as far as long term independence since they are actually planning on fighting against the Thalmor again and Skyrim can't really hold it by themselves(yeah, yeah, something something Hammerfell but c'mon).

Thaaaaaaaaat said, Ulfric is just a more interesting character than General...Tullius? That's his name? That's how forgettable he is. The Stormcloak cast is more colorful and interesting while the characters from the imperial side are honestly pretty boring. So if you just want a more fun playthrough go with Stormcloaks.

Or just go with whichever side makes more sense for your character.

Jun 10, 2019
Thalmor has the Imperials grabbed by the balls. Feeling they don't have the resources for a Thalmor retaliation so they are succumbing to most demands and are letting the Thalmor run free in Skyrim executing innocent civilians whose beliefs don't align with their own.

Its fucked up.

And Yes, Stormcloaks can be bigoted and close minded but I side with their cause of fighting to free Skyrim from the Thalmor.

And with both Ulfric Stormcloak and the Last Dragonborn having the overpowered magic of the Thu'um at their disposal, untied, they stand more chance against the Thalmor as opposed to just 1 single Thu'um user if you join the Imperial Legion.

It was an easy decision for me.

How can you expect the Stormcloaks to beat the Thalmor alone? There's a reason why they lost the war to begin with.

It's not like the Legion likes the Thalmor anyway. If the Legion gets support from other Providences then they can form a legitimate resistance against the Thalmor.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
How can you expect the Stormcloaks to beat the Thalmor alone? There's a reason why they lost the war to begin with.

It's not like the Legion likes the Thalmor anyway. If the Legion gets support from other Providences then they can form a legitimate resistance against the Thalmor.

Exactly.
The only reason the empire lost the first war originally was because they thought the Thalmor had a lot more troops than originally thoguht and got swindled in negotiations.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stormcloaks are basically racists nationalists, just not to the extent the Thalmor are.
They speak of religious autonomy and whatever else, but they don't really care about that stuff unless it is specifically about them. Anyone else is fucked.
And they have delusions of being capable of overthrowing the Thalmor later on but i think that's just propaganda at best, truly delusions at worst. How exactly they intend to do anything? The Redguard made it too costly for the Thalmor to hold Hammerfell, but they weren't on the offensive. It is quite different to throw attackers away via guerrilla warfare than it is to invade another place.

The Mede Empire is no Septim Empire but it does try to follow the hegemonic ideas of its predecessor to an extent, it is just between a rock and a hard place. A far better choice no matter what.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't realize this place was full of disloyal milk-drinkers.

You learn something new every day.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
In the greater lore it's really whoever can beat the Thalmor are who you should side with to me, and I'd definitely bet on the imperials successfully defending against them than the stormcloaks.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Imperial Legion. Looks out for all of Tameriel and mostly aren't racist. Knows they need to be united to take on the Aldemri Dominion. Bad thing is they screwed over the Redguards.

StormCloaks on the other hand are a bunch of xenophobic bigots who care about themselves and harass elves.

Legion is my pick.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neither. The better route for all involved is to make them sign a treaty so they can combine their forces against the Thalmor.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017

Intentionally? Not really. They are however very useful idiots- or at the very least Ulfric is. He sees the trees but not the forest and the Thalmor see either side as a win-win anyway. One is just a bigger victory than the other.
If the Stormcloaks win, the empire loses yet another entire faction that will not aid them in unison against the Thalmor (at that point they had already lost Morrowind in every way but name, Elsewyr, Hammerock, BlackMarsh, and Valenwood.)
However if the empire wins general moral for the empire goes in the shitter. The Nords will be less 'enthusiastic' about fighting against the Thalmor and they get to continue on accomplishing the long term goal of unmaking the realm by making sure Talos is forgotten not just by the average citizen but on a metaphysical level as well.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The stormcloaks suck, and the thalmor very much want them to exist because it destabilizes the entire region. This is canon lore btw.

ggs on making the thalmor a bigger threat, ya nerds

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Stormcloaks for me - just felt right. And besides with the Dragonborn on their side - being independent is no worry!

To hell with the empire and the thalmor

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
The game opens with the Imperials assuming I'm a criminal worth executing under incredibly vague reasoning, so fuck them.

Creamx

Jun 2, 2019
Ulfric Stormcloak's goal is to literally sell Skyrim to the nazi elves sooooo, easy win for the imperials.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I'm 50 hours in on my current play through and I really wish the Stormcloaks weren't such horrible ppl (really Ulfric...) because I like their general story and really the Imperials are also shitty.

So I'll go with Imperials, but wish I could go with Stormcloaks. I wonder if there are mods to improve these factions. They are so crucial to the story that there may not be any room to actually improve them with mods

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I play as a Dark Elf, so I played both sides and then ended those racist fuck Nords.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
The Stormcloaks are the MAGA chuds of Skyrim. I dragonshouted Ulfric out of his throne before he could even finish his monologue.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game opens with the Imperials assuming I'm a criminal worth executing under incredibly vague reasoning, so fuck them.
It is just some dick captain making a decision, who presumably doesn't make it out from the town anyway. Why judge the whole faction from that? Hadvar is very pleasant and rational person.