• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
www.trueachievements.com

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary PC release date likely to be revealed this week

We've just picked up a store page for the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition. Considering that the PC version's test flight has just concluded, we think this means a release date is just around the corner.

We're likely to see a Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition release date on PC this week, as a store page listing has appeared on the Microsoft Store. It's currently giving Xbox Game Pass for PC players an option to Install the game – though so far in the office, that's only led to a download error. It's not showing in the Xbox (Beta) app as of yet. Players will need to pick up Halo: The Master Chief Collection in order to play it; the MCC is already available in the Xbox Game Pass for PC games list.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Seems possible. The flighting has been pretty good for the game and was even extended

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully they'll be able to keep up this pace with the rest of the games. I'm not interested in Halo: CE, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing if Halo 3's multiplayer holds up (Reach's didn't, since they didn't give me my precious multi-team playlist).

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope so - There were some minor hiccups in the flight but I sunk so many hours just in those 4 levels. It's a masterpiece and I can't wait to replay it.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5 is still missing. I bet they will add it down the line to the MCC, making also the sape upgrade for XBox to integrate it with the MCC as well.
I dunno - I'd think Warzone integration and achievements (on console anyway) would be an obstacle to adding to to MCC.

I mean, Warzone is garbage so I guess I don't really care if it makes its way to PC but a standalone release vs being added to the MCC seems more likely to me.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
How many people can play online coop in CE? We've got three but if memory serves CE was only two...

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many people can play online coop in CE? We've got three but if memory serves CE was only two...

IIRC

Halo CEA - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 2 Anniversary - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 3 - 4 online / 2 local
Halo 3 ODST - 4 online / 2 local
Halo: Reach - 4 online / 2 local
Halo 4 - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 5 - 4 online / 1 local

the7egend

Mar 6, 2018
Unless they did something to help co-op out it's going to be a pass for me, I picked up Reach to run the story again with friends but the co-op was unplayable due to lag/de-sync and only the pvp portion of the game was playable with friends, so if CE is going to be the same that's a big nope from me, which sucks.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they did something to help co-op out it's going to be a pass for me, I picked up Reach to run the story again with friends but the co-op was unplayable due to lag/de-sync and only the pvp portion of the game was playable with friends, so if CE is going to be the same that's a big nope from me, which sucks.

I played some Reach co-op yesterday and had no issues; I didn't realize this was a problem

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC

Halo CEA - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 2 Anniversary - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 3 - 4 online / 2 local
Halo 3 ODST - 4 online / 2 local
Halo: Reach - 4 online / 2 local
Halo 4 - 2 online / 2 local
Halo 5 - 4 online / 1 local

Halo 4 is also 4 online. Otherwise, the list seems to be correct.

Unfortunately, that's the downside with lockstep AI systems. The host won't have any issues, while other clients will suffer from small to large lag/desynch issues.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The bizarre menu/SFX pop I ran into at the start of the most recent Steam flight was addressed by the end.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
I can never decide whether I want the OG or new visuals. Halo 2 I love the new look, but I feel they deviated too juch with the art style for Combat Evolved.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
I'm assuming this one doesn't have splitscreen? I would have picked up Reach if it featured splitscreen...

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
They'll look into PC splitscreen, after everything is released.
If they retroactively patch in splitscreen I'll happily buy them then! To me Halo always meant splitscreen campaign gameplay. Never cared about the online multiplayer and not interested in single player or online co-op.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I'm down. My friend and I recently bought the collection and are a couple of missions from the end of Reach. This would be good timing.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 will not be added to MCC simply because it's a current gen title.

I can never decide whether I want the OG or new visuals. Halo 2 I love the new look, but I feel they deviated too juch with the art style for Combat Evolved.

With H2A I prefer the look of anniversary mode but I also prefer the original soundtrack. I'm hoping the new audio partnership eventually leads to an toggle option for the OG soundtrack similar to Halo 1.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With H2A I prefer the look of anniversary mode but I also prefer the original soundtrack. I'm hopu g the new audio partnership eventually leads to an toggle option for the OG soundtrack similar to Halo 1.

I am somewhat disappointed they aren't updating CEA to have the sound and music bound to which style you were playing like in H2A.

I also hope that when H2A comes to PC, they uh, turn up the volume on that original Halo 2 audio. It's so quiet compared to the remastered for seemingly no reason?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed.
I'm guessing it's relatively low priority.
True. But technically the game is ported already to PC with Forge. I mean of they can get MCC to work on PC then Halo 5 might be "easy"
I think they will add it at some point. Just for easy "legacy" stuff for the future. They work it into MCC.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Nice.

I played Reach as my first Halo game in December.
Curious to play the original and see what started it all. I already own the entire MCC on Steam, so bring it on, 343!

Between this and Ori, Microsoft looks like they'll dominate my March.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True. But technically the game is ported already to PC with Forge. I mean of they can get MCC to work on PC then Halo 5 might be "easy"
I think they will add it at some point. Just for easy "legacy" stuff for the future. They work it into MCC.

That much is play able but it doesn't seem fair to say Halo 5 is already ported. H5 Forge is massively unoptimized and honestly kind of janky. Throw in theatre, progression, matchmaking, and campaign, and it's easy to see Halo 5 would be a pretty big undertaking.

I'm pleasantly surprised CEA is coming so soon but Halo 5 I'd wager would take a similar amount of time as Reach did. I could see it happen eventually, but definitely not before Infinite

I also know nothing and have a peanut brain so I could be very wrong