• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
tumblr_orc2uoazoa1rrkahjo6_500.gifv

Wildly off topic, but the way this is cut has always driven me insane.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
My phone number starts 04000. When giving out my number do you really expect me to say "zero four triple zero" when "oh four triple oh" is so much simpler?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Yes to thread title, especially when you're calling in a license plate of a suspected DUI. Dispatch appreciates accuracy.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My old apartment number had an O in it. But my landlord recommended I input it as 0, because the the O would get mistaken as a D, and my mail would go to the wrong apartment.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I say we all switch back to using "aught". In the year of our Lord two aught and score years....

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's quicker and easier to remember if understood by all parties, like if you're giving directions, "take exit four oh one", for example.

I try to make sure to use zero and o as separate things if there can be confusion.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I feel like it's a strange choice to broadcast that you can't tolerate like a base minimum of ambiguity even if it's more ergonomic for people in daily life and speech and which virtually never produces significant misunderstandings of any kind.

hbu stop being a weird rigid dork, OP.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The english 0 already has like 10 names at this point. Doesn't matter if you throw in an additional "oh" onto that pile.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would I do that. When I'm talking on the phone and worried they might not hear me I enunciate the entire thing, otherwise fuck off.