• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is a rotovirus going around and it's hit my family hard.

Mine started at 3am and I'm about to try some chicken noodle soup. I might take off tomorrow too, just because I don't want to spread it and an extra day off rest hopefully will be enough.

So beware Resetters, it is spreading like wildfire.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cold's been making the rounds in my work place. I've been lucky that I haven't been hit yet, but I worry due to all the sniffling and coughing from my colleagues.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Hope everyone on here have gotten themselves, their friends, & their families flu shots (& pneumonia shots, if necessary as well). They're extremely important, especially as we might have a very worse winter in the U.S. later on.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hope everyone on here have gotten themselves, their friends, & their families flu shots (& pneumonia shots, if necessary as well). They're extremely important, especially as we might have a very worse winter in the U.S. later on.

Yes, please get it even if you never get sick. You can be a carrier who passes it to other people.

Herd immunity.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
3911.jpg

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've had the three worst weeks of my life

Constant flu
Unknown Viral infection which caused sickness and bad rash
Drug induced psychotic episode
Brain tumour scare
Kidneys giving low filtration readings
Left testicle had an infection that rendered me basically stationary
Reconstructed left elbow is in pain due to the cold weather

Honestly It's been ROUGH

Can't wait to get back to the gym again

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I got norovirus early this year in January and it was legit one of the worst experiences of my entire life. I've had the flu before and even that was better.

Without going into detail, I literally could not leave the house for 72 hours straight. Although all the worst symptoms were gone after that, it took me a little over a month to feel normal after eating again.

From what I understand, immunity lasts anywhere from 6 months to 2 years after you get it. I hope I'm still immune!

Also, is it me or does it seem like norovirus outbreaks are a lot more common these days? I know a vaccine is being worked on, once it's available and proven to be effective I'll get it asap.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, OP i got blindsided by a stomach virus over the weekend too.

The absolute worst.
Yeah, blindsided is a good way of putting it. I never vomit. Like, ever. I can't even remember the last time I vomited from an illness before January. Norovirus does not care how tough you generally are against nausea or food poisoning.

(Drinking too much alcohol did it to me once too, but it was a one-time thing... and I only vomited once from it... and it was mostly vodka... so that's not exactly 1:1)

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
EVERYTHING has been going around bad these last few weeks. Have a ton of friends and co-workers who have had colds, ear infections, and strep throat go through their houses. Looking like it is gonna be a fun winter.

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, blindsided is a good way of putting it. I never vomit. Like, ever. I can't even remember the last time I vomited from an illness before January. Norovirus does not care how tough you generally are against nausea or food poisoning.

(Drinking too much alcohol did it to me once too, but it was a one-time thing... and I only vomited once from it... and it was mostly vodka... so that's not exactly 1:1)
I was on a 10+ hour transatlantic flight and i am almost certain that is where i got it.

FML

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I got food poisoning and what I think was the norovirus from my family's restaurant since multiple people cam down sick. Both were very similar in that there was constant vomit and diarrhea. And like a switch, one moment I was ok and suddenly I knew something was so very wrong. Both in the same year.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I've had the three worst weeks of my life

Constant flu
Unknown Viral infection which caused sickness and bad rash
Drug induced psychotic episode
Brain tumor scare
Kidneys giving low filtration readings
Left testicle had an infection that rendered me basically stationary
Reconstructed left elbow is in pain due to the cold weather

Honestly It's been ROUGH

Can't wait to get back to the gym again

Wow. You need to get yourself checked into a hospital. Those can't be normal.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Wrong virus.

Not sure why it was ever called the stomach flu

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. You need to get yourself checked into a hospital. Those can't be normal.

It basically came down to

Flu
Mumps related viral infection causing epididymitis in the testicle
Misdiagnosis from an urgent care GP

Kidneys filtration rate has improved according to recent bloods so the leading assumption is my GFR measured low for some reason

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Went through something myself. Vomiting and diarrhea for a few hours, loss of appetite and liquid poop for a few days.

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
I've had something twice now (over the past four years or so)... a flu of some kind. For about 48 hours I could not keep anything in... not even water.

Have you ever ...
...vomited and shat diarrhea at the same time? It's one of the most awful things.
That happened to me multiple times until I recovered.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had something twice now (over the past four years or so)... a flu of some kind. For about 48 hours I could not keep anything in... not even water.

Have you ever ...
...vomited and shat diarrhea at the same time? It's one of the most awful things.
That happened to me multiple times until I recovered.
About 6 years ago, I got the worst stomach Virus of my life. I NEVER throw up, but one night I couldn't sleep and started getting a horrible pain in my stomach. Broke out into a sweat, started getting the shakes, and then I finally went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. After about 10 minutes of thinking I was going to pass out, my mouth and ass started gushing out putrid acidy fluids. Once I was done, I thought I would feel better. NOPE!!! It happened another 3 times during the night. Worst thing I have ever experienced in my life.

Flu shots apprently do jack shit for stomach flu.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Thats probably because flu shots treat the flu and "stomach flu" is just a colloquialism for "Norovirus" and isn't the flu.

I hate Norovirus. It's terrible because it just sneaks up on you and you feel like you're gonna die then 30 hours later BAM you're fine again.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I was on a 10+ hour transatlantic flight and i am almost certain that is where i got it.

FML
Got it from an office. They were bringing in huge groups of people on a daily basis during a busy time of the year and it was a filthy disorganized mess.

About 6 years ago, I got the worst stomach Virus of my life. I NEVER throw up, but one night I couldn't sleep and started getting a horrible pain in my stomach. Broke out into a sweat, started getting the shakes, and then I finally went to the bathroom and sat on the toilet. After about 10 minutes of thinking I was going to pass out, my mouth and ass started gushing out putrid acidy fluids. Once I was done, I thought I would feel better. NOPE!!! It happened another 3 times during the night. Worst thing I have ever experienced in my life.

That's because the "stomach flu" isn't the flu.

Therefore the flu shot will not do anything to prevent it.

Calling it a "stomach flu" is misleading and dangerous from a public health/education standpoint. It's not ever appropriate to think of it as any kind of flu.

I am amazed by how frequently people have a misunderstanding or are confused about this.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thats probably because flu shots treat the flu and "stomach flu" is just a colloquialism for "Norovirus" and isn't the flu.

I hate Norovirus. It's terrible because it just sneaks up on you and you feel like you're gonna die then 30 hours later BAM you're fine again.

The only way to see norovirus coming is if someone else in your house has norovirus

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I fucking hate the norovirus. I went to work thinking I simply had food poisoning, however, I just kept getting worse and worse so my job sent me to the doctors. Found out I had the norovirus. The doctor suggested I go stay over night at a hospital, my dumbass thought it would be okay to try to get home. A 1.5 hour commute took me 4 hours because I had to keep getting off to use the bathroom. It was horrible. Finally made it home and just fucking collapsed. At least I didn't have to work for a week.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Take it as an opportunity to lose belly fat....then do your part to keep the weight off after the stomach flu is gone.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
It's amazing how much pure liquid can fire out of your ass when you get this.

last time I had it I just eventually went into the shower to puke and shit, it just made more sense.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
BFIB

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no longer throwing up or shitting, now I have a pounding headache and can barely keep my eyes open. I took a 2nd day off work, which is a first for me.

Back to bed I go.