• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you invested in GME: Now that they restricted GME on Robinhood, the people invested just have to watch? There is no buying the dip, but people can still sell as it goes up, right? Or "not supported on robinhood" means what? Because as the squeeze happens, the price would keep shooting up. Or would a limit sell still trigger, like "$420.69"? (which is baffling that it hit that)

We can sell right now if we want, but we cannot buy.

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
Is it worth it to buy more AMC during the dip? I'm worried it isn't really based on anything unlike GameStop lol

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
All these trading apps being down yesterday cost me a lot of money on stocks I was watching for dips (PINS, PLUG).

I did make the boneheaded move of cashing out of FCEL to buy more PINS though. Figured after it's 20% run-up it was gonna cool off for a bit.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine NAKD isn't going anywhere since they've banned discussion of it on Reddit (due to it being under 1B cap)?

Should've sold at $3 :(

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Is it worth it to buy more AMC during the dip? I'm worried it isn't really based on anything unlike GameStop lol
It's far from that level, both on shorts and meme status. Not an advice (I'm neither an expert), but it might be worth it at the right price. Yesterday closed at 20, so it's bound to go up sooner or later.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But GameStop isn't based on anything.

None of these are based on anything.
GME is based on the single most fundamental thing there is.

Supply and Demand.

Hedge funds made a huge fing mistake and oversold the stock with promises to buy the stock back at a later date.

There is a fire in the building and shareholders control the only door out.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star

Probably better to stay where you are. If I understand what other people have said here, they issued 44 million new shares, which helps fight the short that is going on making it a lot less likely to rise in value like Gamestop has done. Plus now that a lot of brokerages are blocking purchase, it makes it harder for people to get on board.

The good news is if you got in at a low point like $4 on Tuesday, you can still hold the stock long term and hope the pandemic subsides and people start going to movies again.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put a bunch into SNDL, it appears to be the stock everyone is flocking too with the fuckery of other stocks. Fuck it.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility
Shut. Up. About. Fundamentals. Nerds.

We got big dicks. Full hearts. Two functioning brain cells. And fat wads of cash.

and that's all we need right now.

Mod edit: Reverted post to its original version

Last edited by a moderator:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When this is all over and Doge goes back down, I'm absolutely going to put a few hundred into it and wait for the inevitable next meme spike.

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Take a look at the NOK level II data and see the volume. Hundreds of thousands of dollars being moved around. Who the fuck has that much money and shares? *cough* hedge funds *cough*.

This is some ducking market manipulation bullfuckingshit

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Put a bunch into SNDL, it appears to be the stock everyone is flocking too with the fuckery of other stocks. Fuck it.

There's way too many outstanding shares for SNDL, not nearly enough short pressure. If anything it already was overpriced even before it got run up. If you don't intend to hold on forever, this isn't the ride you want to be on.

Oct 29, 2017
Robinhood is blocking SNDL purchases as well now...did it really get memed like NAKD did?

I actually though SNDL would be a good purchase and long term hold...

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
SNDL (and all weed stocks) are dangerous picks because the cannabis market still hasn't settled on who is going to be the kingmaker. Tons of producers, not nearly enough buyers. Companies either consolidating or going bankrupt. SNDL was on that path and they might not be out of the woods yet.

Its almost like buying into pharmaceuticals. You're gambling on who gets to be picked as the winner.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
AMC at this price becomes a little interesting...
just based on buzz and a quick flip.

Still not buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.