• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I plan on doing some selling in the morning to buy back in another large morning dip so anticipate a solid rebound with no significant drops.

j_rocca42

Oct 25, 2017
PNW
adding VZ to my watch list. awarded a 6 billion dollar deal with Samsung (Samsung holds 3% of the market) for 5G through 2025. recently broke out from it's 57-58 resistance on its fourth hit, trying to show support at low 59 with historical ATH resistance at the 61-62 mark. betting on an upside rally if it holds above its 200 day avg to test a new ATH at 63-64 as the economy recovers.

bK94F2In

MeHb8eNA
Nice. I'm long Verizon in my Roth so this is all great info.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Economic data really isn't good anywhere but china (and who knows if that is real) so maybe we see the market actually inching closer to the real economy for once

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Was going to put a buy limit at 350 for Tesla before going to sleep but even that might be too high at this rate. Maybe I'll make it at 300 just for fun.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't see the appeal for tech at the moment. The risk:reward ratio isn't worth it.

Also regret not pulling the trigger on a uso short.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Tech/Hype stocks with their current change today
Honestly don't see the appeal for tech at the moment. The risk:reward ratio isn't worth it.

Also regret not pulling the trigger on a uso short.
I honestly don't see much appeal at all at the moment.

Tech hype is gone, economy is still shit so value is also still depressed.

Atleast with the market tanking a stimulus will get more likely

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Bunch of new Tesla analyst notes out now and all of a sudden everyone is bearish.

My fav:
EhYz0N0XYAErrxG.jpg

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Bunch of new Tesla analyst notes out now and all of a sudden everyone is bearish.

My fav:
EhYz0N0XYAErrxG.jpg

Biggest thing that happened to Tesla recently is not being included in S&P500. If not included is all that it took to cause this collapse, then I have to wonder if the collapse would have happened anyway after inclusion but in this scenario the S&P500 indexers would have been left as the bag holders. So it might have been a was a wise decision from S&P500 to not include Tesla.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Biggest thing that happened to Tesla recently is not being included in S&P500. If not included is all that it took to cause this collapse, then I have to wonder if the collapse would have happened anyway after inclusion but in this scenario the S&P500 indexers would have been left as the bag holders. So it might have been a was a wise decision from S&P500 to not include Tesla.
I mean it basically rose 300 dollar for no reason so i have to question the stability of it anyway.

If it drops 10% on not being included in the S&P what happens if there is actual bad news?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it basically rose 300 dollar for no reason so i have to question the stability of it anyway.

If it drops 10% on not being included in the S&P what happens if there is actual bad news?

The question you have to ask, as an investor, is: where is Tesla going long term?

If you are a day trader then yeah you shouldn't be in TSLA at all, it's too volatile.

If you are a long investor, then you need to look at Tesla the company, where it is, what it is doing, and where it is going.

I'm not selling a single share and if it dips big I'll likely just buy more, because long term I see TSLA going all the way to Mars (literally). They are just too far ahead of everyone else in EV's both in tech and production capacity, plus there is their growing energy segment, their declining cost curves / increasing margins, the possibility of autonomous driving in a few years, Tesla insurance, the likelihood of Tesla selling batteries and drivetrains to other EV companies. It's an exponentially growing multi-faceted green energy company at a time where the world desires exactly that.

Some people might feel Tesla is a "hype stock" but I don't understand that. To me it looks like an inevitable market leader and one of the future largest companies in the world. I've seen Apple at it's start, I've seen Amazon at the beginning, I watched Yahoo explode into something which changed the world. Tesla the company looks familiar to me: a disruptive well managed company executing brilliantly which is going to change the world. Companies like that aren't "hype" stocks, they are market leading stocks.

Time will tell I guess. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
tLegvij.png

guess I can feel slightly better about microsoft only being down 3.37
either way put in a limit order for 202.5 for microsoft. Wonder if it will go below 200 today.
I'm expecting it to have a ride similar to friday where the early numbers are really bad, and then the second half of the day recovers some. If I'm wrong and it dips to like 195 or lower I will just put in a second order for the day :P

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Just leaving this here

Jesus, up 45% premarket, I guess we know now who is making the Badger. Maybe GM will have a truck that doesn't look like ass afterall.

-- EDIT --
LOL they aren't even going to use Nikola batteries in the Badger now, it'll be using GM's platform.

Last edited:

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Selling my remaining 20% of Tesla this morning ASAP. Luckily, the 80% I sold last week locked in some gains so this remaining portion is just gravy on top.

It was a fun ride while it lasted! I may jump on again when things settle down.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like Tesla had perfect timing with the $5bil offering:
www.cnbc.com

Tesla completes sale of $5 billion in common stock

Tesla said Tuesday that it completed its sale of $5 billion in new stock. The firm closed out the sale by Sept. 4, according to a regulatory filing, just three days after announcing plans to sell the additional shares on Sept. 1. CNBC's Becky Quick reports.
The firm closed out the sale by Sept. 4

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the technicals, is it showing that there will be further significant drops to QQQ?

I will be buying this morning and continue to on significant dips.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
While I did buy Tesla to hold for long term it's certainly depressing to see it crash so damn soon after, lol.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
Based on the technicals, is it showing that there will be further significant drops to QQQ?

I will be buying this morning and continue to on significant dips.

QQQ's been trading on an upwards channel.

It supposedly hit the bottom support of that channel this past weekend. RSI levels returned within the right range. But I'm still waiting on data for the MACD to indicate an upwards momentum again before I start buying.

I'm hoping within a few days.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
TSLA holding at the open, no apparent buy up yet. It could be a -20% day. Yet it's still trading at higher than the split announcement price.

Status
Not open for further replies.