• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20200904-104056_thinkorswim.jpg

What i have for this move, there is a potential for it to go further down.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
of course tech crashes a week after i put way too much money in. unreal. feel like im gonna panic sell and take some huge losses soon.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is like our own mini-greed/fear index. The hysteria, fomo, and panic-buying in the first few pages would have been enough for an algo to know to sell lol.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Everything is killing me. Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Tesla you name it lol. I mean I was also in them for the long haul and years, etc. and they're all prob where they should have been now with normal growth, it just sucks to see.
Same here. I didn't hold Ponzi Tesla till a few days ago. My biggest holdings are Apple Amazon Visa MS FB and Visa. The gains the last couple of years have been silly so it is what it is. Taking lumps but still up signifigantly. Same with 401K.. Total curb stomping but still up big.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Heh my month old+ order for Polaris hit at $95. Forgot about that one. For the limited things to do outside in a pandemic in winter, snowmobiles seems like an okay bet. Given their declines, might add Teladoc to my portfolio, and maybe add a bit more eBay.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
If the downturn continues through next week atleast we'll have a stimulus by october

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
Just sold most of my other holdings except for AMD, AMZN, and a couple of other stocks. Preserving most of my cash until everything settles out.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, when everything is getting crushed need to look for relative strength. Doesn't always work, but 80% of the time it's a tell.

The only thing with finance is, they are currently in a wedge or whatever. So they will be chopping from 25.50 to 24.90 until some side breaks. And right now they are at support again.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
QQQ is trying to bottom for the day right now. See if it can.

The only thing with finance is, they are currently in a wedge or whatever. So they will be chopping from 25.50 to 24.90 until some side breaks. And right now they are at support again.

I'm not interested in banks long term. XLF is still flagging, hasn't broken yet. If it breaks I'll be out. Just looking a bounce while the QQQ is dying. Nasdaq might have put the top in yesterday where it may not be safe to just blindly buy the dips anymore. Want to see the QQQ in a defined up trend again first.

Last edited:

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
If you put it into reliable companies, just hold out. I say this as someone who did a fairly large buy on apple and tesla a week ago.

yeah, thats about what i did. at a total loss of a couple thousand across those two. now, im getting concerned that if this is the beginning of a big drop, the eventual recovery to gains might be years down the line. maybe ill just buy more if it gets too low. try to balance it out.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Micromanaging your holdings like some of y'all do just sounds so stressful relative to the likely results.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
yeah, thats about what i did. at a total loss of a couple thousand across those two. now, im getting concerned that if this is the beginning of a big drop, the eventual recovery to gains might be years down the line. maybe ill just buy more if it gets too low. try to balance it out.

I mean, you shouldn't be playing with money you need in the next few years.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Well, took a little longer from my post that my getting back in would drive shit down, well I called it a crash but it's not that... yet. But I'm down 20% since and I'm feeling fuckin' great! Today dropped like right after I fell back asleep.

🤦🏼‍♂️

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in it for the long haul (20 years+), so I try not to micromanage every swing. I see dips as an opportunity to invest.

But if you are investing money that you need back right away...woof.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I think the momentum names are trying to bottom for the day today. Many charts seem to indicate that. See if it holds.

I'm in it for the long haul (20 years+), so I try not to micromanage every swing. I see dips as an opportunity to invest.

Depends on what my goal is. I have some long term holdings, and some short term ones. Short term ones I would consider more risky so I want to mitigate any downside damage.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, you shouldn't be playing with money you need in the next few years.

But if you are investing money that you need back right away...woof.

no definitely don't need the money anytime soon. just lamenting the possibility that it was the most shitty time to buy in. lol.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I think about, my current roth ira is basically an ETF anyway haha. I have my money spread out in almost every sector, not going heavy one. Mitigating the damage on the downside right now though.

I think it's a bit of a dead cat bounce...

Yup, but it might be showtime right now in the sp500. Really want to get back above and stay above the former high.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
What's making you say this...

Many massive moves down often have a bit of an uptick before dropping again. UVXY is seeing a drop and NASDAQ is going back up.

Wtf is a dead cat bounce

It's a predictable bounce that comes with massive downward moves as people are buying new positions at lower prices, which briefly breaks the downward momentum before it moves downward again.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, we actually have some technical damage now over last couple days in various charts where they can have a decent rally and still be in a longer term downtrend. Much harder to see a direction at this point, but I'd still lean lower until I see a thrust higher in stocks that holds.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Many massive moves down often have a bit of an uptick before dropping again. UVXY is seeing a drop and NASDAQ is going back up.

It's a predictable bounce that comes with massive downward moves as people are buying new positions at lower prices, which briefly breaks the downward momentum before it moves downward again.
Lmao what a term. Dead cat bounce just sounds so ridiculous haha. Hopefully it goes back up a bit more so I can sell off my Tesla. I was an idiot this morning and bought stupid high. Imagine if I bought at 375..

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
UVXY is back negative... I'm so tempted to re-enter my FSLY, W, and FVRR positions but I need to see larger momentum.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's interesting to me how the trend in stocks like Apple Tesla and amazon are virtually identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.