• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Fun times is spacland.

www.cnbc.com

Airbnb spurns approach to go public through Bill Ackman's blank-check company

Billionaire investor William Ackman has approached short-term home rental company Airbnb about going public through a reverse merger with his blank-check company, according to people familiar with the matter.
I was holding PSTH, I find this extremely disappointing especially in the current climate. Pulling it all and dumping into IPOB and IPOC now.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Days like this are why I'm glad I'm a long trader and not a day trader, I'm still up like 250% on my investments!

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Seriously though, this isn't bad enough for me to start buying. I need a bigger drop after this insane past few months. Gimmie that sea of red.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I had bought some strangles in aapl on Monday. Didn't time it properly but it was a good trade and now I'm going to lighten up heading jnto the jobs number tmrw and the long weekend.

i think volatility will be back in the next 4 months to close the year. With the election and earnings and all the reopening and back to school. I'm going to have more cash on the sidelines then ever.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I want to see at least another 10% before I'm comfortable diving fully back into tech.

A little bummed because I thought PINS was poised for another breakout, but have been expecting it to correct with the whole market for a while.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I have a little bit of cash on the sidelines at least, if it drops 10-15% I'll probably do some buying.
Anyone selling, or just hanging on? Might sell some AMD tbh

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, if anyone is trying to buy the dip today for a day trade, don't really try. You might get lucky and hit the bottom but it's a gamble at this point. Just as when the market was rising, hard to call top. As the market is falling let it establish a bottom first.

Pulled down with the rest of the sell but not nearly close to being as bad.
You watching the megaphone on the s&p?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

Dopsi

Oct 30, 2017
the only saving me a bit today of all things is MACYS. Microsoft is legit killing me...From ATH yday to ~$13 down today.

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
I asked in the other thread but I don't think so. Someone make!
Hmm i have the era crypto discord that morphed to include stocks. We have a few people still there that do ta for the market. Yall are free to join, as it would be nice to have some new blood.

Other than that, I'm not sure if there is an official one.
Not to my knowledge. I'm on the Politics discord and I understand why so many people moved to it, as there were certain events going on that we won't get into, but as a format for discussion it's terrible compared to this forum.

a quick slop job so someone can suggest change but here you go StockMarketEra: Regrets Only Go Up

less

Oct 25, 2017
Discord is terrible when it comes to catching up on stuff you missed because you weren't on at the time. Super hassle if it is an active channel.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Discord is definitely worse for discussion but perhaps for stock discussion it could be useful sometimes?

"@everyone buy kodak!!!"

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think Discord would be good for something like this. Be too hectic and fast past.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Discord is definitely worse for discussion but perhaps for stock discussion it could be useful sometimes?

"@everyone buy kodak!!!"

Not sure whether that is a good idea or not. Could see places where people end up making a lot of bad choices because of that sort of stuff lol.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with discord is, fomo may hit you harder there. Which could get you into poor positions in stocks. So it's probably not the best play for newer traders, unless there is emphasis on learning.

So who here thinks that, during the last hour of trading, the markets tank or magically rally?
Well finance and tech are bear flagging, so there is a set up for lower. My only issue with this is if they try to double bottom it, which would be around here. If we break the low of the day....then probably go lower.

Oct 28, 2017
California
tenor.gif

des0lar

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Today wiped half my gains on my options account.

Dunno if I should cut my losses or let some of the stuff ride....

Nvidia 10% dip is brutal. And I am kinda worried that's gonna continue tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.