• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My favorite moment was realizing "Fetch" Abigail Walker lived and was about to lead you to the final boss fight, as her neon light streaked towards you.

Her music kicks in as Delsin realizes what is happening.

For all of the grief this game gets it was one of the best early gen games ever with some of the best voice and mocap actors around. That moment was something else.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Still hurts.

UoTH0T.gif

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I would probably figure this thread needs a spoiler marker.

As for the topic, I would say PT in general. I think it's release and reception was a stirring moment for gaming itself this gen. It really stuck with me and is an amazing example of what can be done with the horror genre.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The Mickey moment in the KH3 DLC was so unfathomably cool. It's the promise of what KH could be conceptually, finally fulfilled.

That DLC in general, outside of the baffling decision to recap the ending for the first third, was so, sooooo promising for the future of the franchise. I still can't believe how much they got right and improved.

Now just jettison the cutscene guy and we're golden.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
The game is seven years old. I'll spoiler it if the mods want me to but it seems pointless. Not trying to be rude.

I see your point but I was mostly thinking of other people listing moments in games from this gen which may be more recent and not that you should spoiler your own post but put something akin to spoilers ahead in the thread title. I agree it should be left up to mods but also, people should be mindful to use spoiler tags regardless if it's more recent so it's probably not an issue at all to be honest.

Also another moment I thought of: the E3 where Sony revealed Final Fantasy VII Remake / Shenmue III / The Last Guardian (iirc). Even though a couple were sort of letdowns, the reactions were so pure and you could genuinely tell how much these series mean to people.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
the last hour or so of The Last Guardian
the last hour or so of Death Stranding
the circus boss in Nier Automata, and the first hour of Route C/D/E
Danganronpa V3's last trial
Jack Baker's talk with Ethan in his vision on the ship in RE7
Getting grabbed by the Amygdala outside of Cathedral Ward for the first time, before you can even see it

those are the ones that most immediately come to mind for me

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have come to the conclusion that I cannot accept this resolution. - NieR Automata

de6e150d779a12b87991b8af2fd9655f.png

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
This right here, is honestly one of the best scenes I've ever experienced in a video game. And up there with many film scenes. After all the time spent with Arthur, and getting to know him and then experiencing this scene really hits so many different feels. It's an absolute shame that this is missable. I really feel like it's what helps set Arthur up for the grand finale.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
This right here, is honestly one of the best scenes I've ever experienced in a video game. And up there with many film scenes. After all the time spent with Arthur, and getting to know him and then experiencing this scene really hits so many different feels. It's an absolute shame that this is missable. I really feel like it's what helps set Arthur up for the grand finale.

one of the greatest cinematics i've ever seen, such an incredible performance by Roger Clark, such a tear jerking moment

this is a small moment but its from Outer Wilds, an incredible indie game about space exploration and genuine discovery. Finding that once astronaut who records the stars and him remarking that he's seen more stars collapse in one day then in any other one day period he's ever recorded, and then him progressively freaks out as more stars collapse as the loop continues until near the end of the loop he literally can no longer comprehend what is happening, as the whole sky darkens with every star in the solar system being destroyed.

I've wondered while playing the game what all the flashing lights out in the cosmos were, but i never paid it much mind, until i met this person. Then everything made sense and my mind was shattered, such a small but stirring discovery in one of my person favorite games of the generation