• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a total shitshow the coronavirus stimulus payments have become, this news article is reporting on an IRS warning that if you have not received your stimulus payment yet, you must use the IRS website tool by tomorrow, May 13th, if you don't, you'll need to wait even longer for your stimulus!!!

www.baltimoresun.com

Still no stimulus check? You must use website tool by Wednesday or you’ll be waiting weeks longer, IRS warns.

Gail Harless figured it’d be simple enough. Go to the IRS website, plug in 2018 tax information and stimulus money would land in her checking account. All she got were errors and rising frust…

May 12, 2020

Congress in late March earmarked $300 billion in direct payouts to Americans hit by the coronavirus pandemic, providing tax-free rebates to help buy groceries and pay rent. But millions are still waiting.

On Friday, the Treasury and IRS said they've taken steps to speed up the payments. They urged people who are still waiting to use the "Get My Payment" tool on the website by Wednesday.

"We're working hard to get more payments quickly to taxpayers," IRS Commissioner Chuck Rettig said. "Time is running out for a chance to get these payments several weeks earlier through direct deposit."

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I just get "payment status not available"
I'm assuming its cause my mom filed me as a dependent...even though I only lived with her for part of the year and lived on my own for most of last year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming its cause my mom filed me as a dependent...even though I only lived with her for part of the year and lived on my own for most of last year.

Bad news, if you are claimed as an adult dependent by your parents/family members, no stimulus money for you.

The law had an exemption that disallows the stimulus payments for all adult dependents despite if they are eligible income-wise.

Oct 26, 2017
the tool always tells me my address is wrong even though it's copied directly from my tax return. as an expat, just not holding my breath for it at all

Deleted member 4367

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That'll do it.

Tell her to cut that out. She's basically stealing tax return money from you. You can file an amended return and when they conflict (because you'll say nobody can claim you as a dependent) the IRS will come back to both of you and be like "what the hell folks" and then you will prove easily you're not a dependent and get your proper return and your mom will have to repay what she incorrectly received.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
That'll do it.

Tell her to cut that out. She's basically stealing tax return money from you. You can file an amended return and when they conflict (because you'll say nobody can claim you as a dependent) the IRS will come back to both of you and be like "what the hell folks" and then you will prove easily you're not a dependent and get your proper return and your mom will have to repay what she incorrectly received.
Err, I'm not gonna do that; I'll just tell her not to do it in the future. :/
It sucks though; I imagine there's a lot of people in my situation. Probably many college students and college graduates.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
"Payment status not available".

I filed my damn taxes. My wife and I both did. It's been a total dumpster fire from top to bottom.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
My job said that they would automatically enroll us into the unemployment system. I got an email today saying I need to fill out some remaining info and the entire thing is pretty much blank. I spent 2 hours today and still didn't finish. I get a headache from trying to figure everything out.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any people on SSDI that still haven't gotten their stimulus (and the tool says info not available)? That's one of my family members situation. Don't know if I should help them enter their information in the non-filer or just tell them to keep waiting. IRS site says they'll get it automatically.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Enter your street name in ALL CAPS with no street or way suffix

so if you live on 1234 Bluberry Way

enter: 1234 BLUEBERRY

That's the only way it would work for me.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I've been stuck on payment not available since it started even though I did my taxes in Jan and now these useless no good fucks are trying Warn me to use their broken piece of dogshit tool before its too late?

Yes I'm fucking mad.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I literally did nothing to request it, but I got the direct deposit weeks ago. I was really shocked. I don't get why. Something to do with how I filed last year?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Bad news, if you are claimed as an adult dependent by your parents/family members, no stimulus money for you.

The law had an exemption that disallows the stimulus payments for all adult dependents despite if they are eligible income-wise.
www.cnbc.com

House Democrats propose a new coronavirus stimulus relief bill. It includes a second round of $1,200 checks

Congressional Democrats proposed a new stimulus package on Tuesday. The bill calls for a second round of stimulus checks of $1,200 per individual, or up to $6,000 per household.

This bill may help [next time] at least... if it's passed.

"The new legislation does seek to repair a number of issues with the first round of checks. Immigrants and dependents ages 17 and over were left out of those initial payments. This bill would entitle them to receive those checks.
Those groups would also be eligible for the second wave of payments."

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I only just entered my direct deposit info yesterday, and it claimed it will be direct deposited.

We shall see.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
My check waa scheduled to be mailed May 1st. My friend's check was scheduled to be mailed that day as well. He got his on May 4th, I still haven't received mine. No letter or anything 🤷🏾‍♂️

Woody

Mar 5, 2018
What if I just want to provide my bank info for (potential) future payments? I file but don't pay/get refunds, so I got a paper check in the mail.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
My Parents haven't received anything and the site tells them information is wrong, though I have attempted to complete it for them using tax forms straight from IRS.

Yeah this sucks.

Stanicle

Oct 27, 2017
In still a payment not available person even though i filed my 18/19 taxes with direct deposit... still leaning on i will never see this payment.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Yeah there's been no progress on my end and I know I qualify. I'm thankfully not hurting too bad without it because I'm an essential worker but it'd be nice

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah no matter what I try with putting in info I just always get info not available and I am on SSDI

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The tool has no idea about the status of my payment and I assume anything mailed will go to my previous address. I'm guessing I'll never see this money.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
At first it said it had no status regarding my payment. Now it just says that my Social Security number doesn't match their records, and I've tried it every which way, dozens of times, for weeks. Who the fuck knows anymore...

ScampyDamp

Banned
May 8, 2020
They still screwed over thousands with their IP PIN bullshit. Probably working as planned though, they don't want everyone to get it.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
"payment status not available" and I've filled my entire information exactly as it shows on my tax return. This is just a total mess.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
My mom doesnt file taxes anymore just receives Social and with that she makes less than 12000 a year. My sister did claim her this year because she does pay over half my moms living expenses.

So I'll assume my mom wont get a check but my sister got hers and didnt get the extra 500.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018

While this is true, if they file by themselves and not be claimed by their parents (or other guardian)during the 2020 tax year, they can be eligible for the stimulus.

From the IRS FAQ
Q27. I claimed my child as a dependent on my 2019 tax return. She is graduating from school in 2020. Will she receive her own Payment?

A27. No, your child will not receive a Payment in 2020 because you claimed her as a dependent on your 2019 tax return. She will not receive a $1,200 credit in 2021 if you can claim her as a dependent on your 2020 tax return.

However, if your child can't be claimed as a dependent by you or anyone else for 2020, she may be eligible to claim a $1,200 credit on the 2020 tax return she files next year.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Status not available for me. Filed in 2019 already which excludes us from the payment based on income but we would have qualified based on 2018. That's what I get for filing early

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I seriously can't believe that I'm not getting a stimulus check because my parents claimed me as a dependent after the employee helping them on their taxes assured them that this is correct and that I would get a check anyway.

Infcabbage

Oct 28, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Ive been using the tool once every day and I'm still getting"payment status not available." Im on disability so it should be deposited directly, my mom who is also on disability got hers over almost two weeks ago.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Same thing I've been getting since the beginning. Status Not Available, or whatever. Filed taxes last year and this year already, but still haven't even got my tax returns which I usually get way before now. I'm just fed up with it honestly. I'd rather they just send me a letter and say, 'Sorry, you won't get the money this year' then have to sit around and deal with this fucking bullshit

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
I used this thing like 3 weeks ago? first day I flubbed some numbers which was on me and got locked out. Second time it seemed to go through just fine and said I was eligible. However I have yet to receive my payment. Has anyone that have used this service received their payment? A co-worker and my sister got theirs but they didn't use the web portal. I probably could of avoided this whole mess if there wasn't an issue with my mail service in which my tax return was sent back to the IRS and I cant get a hold of anyone to talk to about updating my mailing address =(

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, the site keeps saying it has technical difficulties for me.

When inputting your social, do you put in the dashes or just the numbers?

Dec 31, 2017
Still have to file 2019 taxes. Didn't need to file 2018. So I will have to wait regardless.

This is why there shouldn't have been a tax return dependence clause to begin with.

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been stuck on payment not available since it started even though I did my taxes in Jan and now these useless no good fucks are trying Warn me to use their broken piece of dogshit tool before its too late?

Yes I'm fucking mad.
Same.. Not only did I do taxes early, I got my fucking refund direct deposited to my bank months ago and I still have the status not available prompt..