• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I know this is not the best effort to stop companies from filling us with microtransactions etc etc.

Im usually against all this, but if there was one game i really wanted dlc was Sekiro.

First, cause from makes the best dlcs for games, usually even better than the main game.

Second, this game was published by activision but still had no microtransactions, not even a costume, zero, nada.

Third and finnaly, the combat is so so good, must had beem my first game to replay it like 3 times, and i never replay games!!!
I was so disappointes to know there wont be any, still cant believe that this kind of gameplay is gonna be in only one game.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It makes me kind of relieved since I can just get the game itself when I'm ready instead of having to try to find a Complete Edition if they were to ever release one.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's a shame, the game could've really used some The Old Hunters type of expansion. Still, if it means Elden Ring will be even better, then so be it.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah if Sekiro got an old hunters expansion it would be up there with the best of From games. A few more interesting areas and some amazing boss fights would be incredible. I'd give them all the money.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I'd play a Sekiro DLC for sure but I am also kinda bumped how quickly I forgot about this game after I was done with it. Probably the first From game that did not really grab me. It does everything right but still ended up feeling lukewarm on it.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, From Software DLC tends to be really good but I respect their decision to focus on new games. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
>No Sekiro dlc
>No DMC V dlc
>No Mario Odyssey dlc
>No MK8DX dlc

What the hell are these companies doing?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I probably wouldn't bother with it since my only save file is NG++. No way I'd begin a fresh playthrough and grind all that shit again.

Dec 8, 2018
I liked Sekiro but still prefer they moved on to next projects since I don't feel much more need explaining but would just be filler. A sequel however is another thing and the journey to the west.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It felt like a complete package, but either way I'd play the hell out of some DLC. If not, then I'll just wait for their next game.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro, DMC5 and Re2 all 3 phenomenal single player Japanese games that are getting no additional DLC support this year. A damn shame to be honest but it feels like on hands on deck for next endeavors (Elden Ring, RE3 Remake and probably Dragons Dogma 2).

Redline23

Aug 18, 2019
FromSoftware goal with Sekiro was to make pure single player game and they beautifully delivered on that.

Jun 23, 2019
Good. Sekiro IMO is From's worst offering since DS2 and I'm quite glad it's done. Time to move on to BB2, DS4, or Armored Core.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt count anything out until we havent heard anything for a year or so after launch. Probably easier and more cost effective to just roll everything into Sekiro 2 though. They arent being very aggressive with discounts so they may try to do a "complete edition" type thing again

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know... I don't mind. Having to relearn Sekiro would be a pain in the ass.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they go back to it after Elden Ring. The dragons return ending (aka true ending) heavily hints at a big sequel with a new setting.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I think DLC is almost always a joke save for real expansions like TW3, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc.

Huxley

Feb 20, 2019
A more cynical dev/publisher would have cut content from the main game and sold that as DLC. Imagine buying the Fontainhead Palace + boss as DLC today, but with that content missing from original release.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First Fromsoft title that I'm okay with it not having a dlc and I loved the game. I just feel that the story went full circle and I'm okay being done with it.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I love Sekiro but what else can they add in the game that will feel fresh enough for a dlc. It feels like a complete package honestly.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I did not need an easy mode for other From games but would love to have had something to be able to make more progress in Sekiro.