• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I'm on a Steve Wonder kick rn and as you'd expect i've been in a lovely mood, grinning and whistling like a love stuck fool. Probably has something to do being in a new relationship with a wonderful person. ANYWAYS~ post some you favorite songs, performance and anything else Stevie Wonder related.

My favorite Wonder song--

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I did enjoy his music in this game I liked... what was its name, huuuh... :P

But seriously, great musician, despite his circumstances, the music always oozed sheer joy and positivty to me.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Graphics suck. ;)

Seriously, You Can Feel It All Over is one of the best songs ever made.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I strongly prefer early Stevie Wonder to his later stuff. And the sad truth of it is, it's because he forgot how to play piano. In 1973, Wonder was in a terrible car accident that left him in a coma for several days. Apparently he had serious brain damage and had to relearn his musical talents from scratch.

I've always wondered how Signed, Sealed, Delivered and Superstitious went to I Just Called to Say I Love You. In may ways, Higher Ground is the last young Stevie Wonder track. It's really quite sad.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
I strongly prefer early Stevie Wonder to his later stuff. And the sad truth of it is, it's because he forgot how to play piano. In 1973, Wonder was in a terrible car accident that left him in a coma for several days. Apparently he had serious brain damage and had to relearn his musical talents from scratch.

I've always wondered how Signed, Sealed, Delivered and Superstitious went to I Just Called to Say I Love You. In may ways, Higher Ground is the last young Stevie Wonder track. It's really quite sad.
what are you talking about? his synth stuff after he left motown in the 70's is his best stuff...

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018

Anyways, Stevie is revered by most and yet he still doesn't get half the credit he deserves, so this is a good thread.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Journey Through The Secret Life of Plants is my suggestion to anyone who is a big fan of Key of life era but didn't know about that one. It's a weird, sprawling but intimate, brilliant album

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
It's so crazy that you started this thread, I've been listening to "The Complete Stevie Wonder" over the last two weeks and it's just nuts.

I'm on the last few volumes right now that cover his one off compositions for films and such but there was a ton of early stuff of his that I never heard. His live performances were so lit too, it's easy to forget that these pioneer artists didn't have studio production to fall back on.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I'll always remember this steakhouse I was a cook at 20 years ago that had a CD changer that played nothing but ABBA Golf, a Rat Pack-era compilation, and a Stevie Wonder greatest hits. Really learned to love Stevie there. (ABBA too).

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Probably one of the firsts songs I have ever liked in my life, I did not know english yet when this came out. Still like it to this day.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mom told me how many decades ago, her dad ran a tv/radio repair shop in detroit and a young blind kid named Stevie wanted his radio repaired.