• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
So basically it sounds like either we believe exodus' claim about his role or we don't.

I'm willing to accept it because i still think it'd make some sense and it'd be something Monkey put in to make us more suspicious of another townie.

But at the same time, he's the only fusion affected like this.
I'm not sure about Ronaldo and Greg role. Especially Ronaldo. He seems too forgettable.
But Doc put the arcade guy in it, so...
I do agree but at leas tall the major roles have been accounted for now?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, full claim time. Wanted to see if scum would claim something similar so I was holding off for a chance to counter, but I think my information could help us out.

I'm a town seer. Which is...basically just a two shot cop that Monkey decided to give a fancy name for some reason. Twice per game I can look into the future and see what the alignment is of a player.

Night one I checked Neeks because I was still suspicious of her after the stuff with Wee. She turned out to be town which is why my read on her changed so much on day two.

Day two I tried to check nin, but got fucking lighting rodded into god damn Exodus. (Thanks Neeks!) Came into the thread about to vouch for nin, but then realized what had happened. Exodus came up as town, which is one of the reasons I was so sure Malus was the baddie out of the two.

I really wish I could of come back with an actual scum player, but thems the breaks. I wasn't going to claim until I saw one of the two in danger of being killed just because I thought we could get some pretty decent information depending on who was pushing that.

I was considering the possibility of a scum switcher, but I have no idea how you would figure out the order of operations for the night phase with the lighting rod if you had one of those. I didn't consider a godfather until someone brought it up because I've never actually played with one before, but that makes sense to be in this game especially with 3 fucking cop checks in play.

Despite that, I still think Exodus is town. A scum double voter godfather just seems kind of wild.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, full claim time. Wanted to see if scum would claim something similar so I was holding off for a chance to counter, but I think my information could help us out.

I'm a town seer. Which is...basically just a two shot cop that Monkey decided to give a fancy name for some reason. Twice per game I can look into the future and see what the alignment is of a player.

Night one I checked Neeks because I was still suspicious of her after the stuff with Wee. She turned out to be town which is why my read on her changed so much on day two.

Day two I tried to check nin, but got fucking lighting rodded into god damn Exodus. (Thanks Neeks!) Came into the thread about to vouch for nin, but then realized what had happened. Exodus came up as town, which is one of the reasons I was so sure Malus was the baddie out of the two.

I really wish I could of come back with an actual scum player, but thems the breaks. I wasn't going to claim until I saw one of the two in danger of being killed just because I thought we could get some pretty decent information depending on who was pushing that.

I was considering the possibility of a scum switcher, but I have no idea how you would figure out the order of operations for the night phase with the lighting rod if you had one of those. I didn't consider a godfather until someone brought it up because I've never actually played with one before, but that makes sense to be in this game especially with 3 fucking cop checks in play.

Despite that, I still think Exodus is town. A scum double voter godfather just seems kind of wild.
Did they come up town or not scum?

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Well then if Chuggs claim is real (I'm willing to trust him because I think he's town and that role makes sense for Garnet, that does mean that exodus' claim as Stevonnie is real too.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
OK, so we killed 3 scum so far. Odds are there's 2 left?

So here's what we've got powers wise from what we know:
  • me: dayvig
  • exodus: double vote (only if specific characters are alive)
  • Chugg: cop (2-shot)
  • Neon: party
  • QK: protector (limited to gems)
  • Stan:
  • Ket:
  • loki:
  • Z-beat:
What else do we have so far?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So at this point, if we assume everyone who claimed is telling the truth (as of yet we have no reason to think otherwise) do we think the remaining scum are among those who did not? If so that leaves us with Stan, Ket, loki, and Z-beat.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
That being said Chugg did hammer oreo when he could have went for Neon instead....so maybe I trust him then.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Wait, where did this happen? I missed that.
When we were speculating about who neeks would have given the cop shot to. Neon came forward.
Just woke up. And while the post I promised will still take some time , I want to clear something up.

I was the one who recieved the cop check on night 3. I used it on KetKat (one of my neutral reads) and she came up as town.

I didn't want to share it because I wanted to wait for some player reactions.

Oh well.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so we can take Ket off our list for now. That leaves loki, Z-beat, and Stan. Unless someone else is going to walk in and claim one of the powers that was already thrown down and create chaos, that is.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
We need to compile all the voting info -_-

I'm far too tired to do it now. Maybe tomorrow morning.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
maybe once everybody has claimed you'll find out, i dont want to give the game away to soon.

i was going to respond to these with a gif of that "urge to kill..fading" moment from the simpsons but apparently thats the one moment in the entirety o that show that isnt already in gif form, so just imagine it i guess.
not yet.
see, you keep trying real hard to get me to tell you how my thing works, and this is exactly what i want to avoid before i show my hand. it wont be half as helpful if people, specifically scum, can plan for it.
This is basically where we left off before the mass flavor claim. Stan claims an important power and backs QK's claim up.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a scum double vote godfather that has bused two teammates and they've tried to bus me as well.

At least that's what Z-Beat would like you to believe. D:
I feel so sorry for you hahaha. All the powers were on you that night.

For now I believe Neon, Chugg, loki, Ketkat, Exo. Because they have big surely town roles.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Thank you everyone for the name claims, and thanks also for the patience, im a tad swamped at work atm but lets see if i cant get through all this.

I am a Flavour Cop.
A role that im convinced mankey gave me just to fuck with me, but one i am determined to get some usefulness out of if just to spite her (also to help win the game or whatever).
Each night i can investigate a player to "gather some clues" as to thier identity, and yes uts exactly as helplessly vague as it sounds.

Now to keep this straight forward as possible imma post everything exactly as i sent/ recueved it.

N1: Exodus =
I recieved no result, im pretty sure this is because Zeke was nit kudding when he said he roleblocked me N1.

N2: B-Dubs = I... I... I... *blush*
See what i fucking mean?
Now im actually certain that thus is the clue for Exodus thanks to the lightning rod, i think this checks out with his supposed flavour, i guess, as it could be a clue as to effectively ronaldos respose to spying on a couple?
Dobt worry the rest are better.

N3: B-dubs = Now that is a rock person.
Dubss flavour for real this time. Simple enough, and this also makes sense with the claim of Sugilite. Not IoA but at least thats likely not a lie.

N4: Queen Kong = That one will never understand my need to be a lone wolf.
I know enough about SU to know that Pearl suffers from some severe co-dependancy issues, so i think this is the solidest one here.

And now for the main event, the real reason i wanted the mass claim today.

N5: Z-beat = No one believes it, but that's classic Snake Person. That's how they hide in plain sight.
Now i dont know too much about SU, but i know that Greg is a normal human dude, and not bloody likely to be mistaken for a snake-person in disguise.

vote: Z-beat

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, i actually crumbed a fair bit of this in the earlier days. I made several references to "check out" people in the night (check out is the exact command i send, as my hypothetical dlip would show yall), mentioned not being able to check out dubs the first time i tried, and later said i got the chance to check out dubs and exo snd that i felt tenuously okay about them.

I can find the exact posts later if yall really want the reasurance that im not a crazy man making all of this on the spot for the most bizzare and innegectual gambit in mafiera history.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god i called her Mankey, like the pokemon.

WELL IF YOU WANT ME TO GET YOUR NAME RIGHT GIVE ME A ROLE THAT MAKES SENSE!

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So you get a hint as to the person's flavor?

From what a google search says, the snake people only come up during this episode: https://steven-universe.fandom.com/wiki/Keep_Beach_City_Weird_(episode)

Apparently Peedee Fryman thinks Steven is a snake person in that episode due to a disguise (according to the wiki: Even though Steven was dressed in a very obvious disguise in "Keep Beach City Weird", Peedee still mistook him for a real snake-person until he slipped out of the costume.)

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Now one other detail i wanna drop before i get back to work.

Back on D2 when zeke claimed RB and that he RBd me. I noticed Z-beat immediate came out with a "stan if your around you can confirm/save him" or something to that effect.

It stick out super wierd at the time but i didnt want to point it out since it would gave away that i had something to be blocked, but its bugged me since and sure dont mix well with this check on him.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So you get a hint as to the person's flavor?

From what a google search says, the snake people only come up during this episode: https://steven-universe.fandom.com/wiki/Keep_Beach_City_Weird_(episode)

Apparently Peedee Fryman thinks Steven is a snake person in that episode due to a disguise (according to the wiki: Even though Steven was dressed in a very obvious disguise in "Keep Beach City Weird", Peedee still mistook him for a real snake-person until he slipped out of the costume.)
...i dont know what to make of this.
I hate this role

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Well go to town everyone.
At the very least i hope this makes sense out if my own behaviour, as much sense as i opperate on at least.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
...i dont know what to make of this.
I hate this role
I don't know either, I don't watch this show at all. All I can tell is that Z-beat's claimed character wasn't even in that episode, so it's odd that a reference to it would come up when you checked them.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Now one other detail i wanna drop before i get back to work.

Back on D2 when zeke claimed RB and that he RBd me. I noticed Z-beat immediate came out with a "stan if your around you can confirm/save him" or something to that effect.

It stick out super wierd at the time but i didnt want to point it out since it would gave away that i had something to be blocked, but its bugged me since and sure dont mix well with this check on him.
I found that comment from him weird too when I was doing the weird on him, which is why i pointed it out.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Snake people is what Ronaldo is suspecting of trying to take over the world, and I'm pretty sure it's what he thought the crystal gems were for a while, so him calling them a snake person when he referred to sug as a rock person is a clear indication.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Snake people is what Ronaldo is suspecting of trying to take over the world, and I'm pretty sure it's what he thought the crystal gems were for a while, so him calling them a snake person when he referred to sug as a rock person is a clear indication.
Of what exactly?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Because I feel like we just caught z-beat in a lie.

vote: z-beat

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Clearly not all gem characters are grouped together according t this ability, and that's how we might find scum, because I would never ever refer Greg Universe as a Snake person nor would i think Ronaldo would.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That Z-Beat might be scum. His read of your flavor is just a "rock person" while Z's is a "snake person".
That's what I figured.

I'll note z-beat claimed Greg Universe, who, I assume, is a human character. So the reference makes 0 sense according to what you're saying. That seems like a pretty clear lie.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Greg is actually Steven's Dad and yes he 100% a human and good guy. He just runs a car wash. XD

bqwf1oxe8ambhzirefmh.jpg

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I agree with everyone hear, but I want to hear what Z-beat has to say. After all this matter is technically a Stan vs Z thing though i find it hard that Stan would make all of this up.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
So if Z-Beat really is scum then that means he bussed oreo yesterday. Is it possible they had oreo mess up his fake claim on purpose so Z would help take him down and he could ride the rest of the game on town cred?

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So if Z-Beat really is scum then that means he bussed oreo yesterday. Is it possible they had oreo mess up his fake claim on purpose so Z would help take him down and he could ride the rest of the game on town cred?
It might have just been a desperation move on oreo's part that z-beat took advantage of.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Queen Kong was theorizing that the rest of the scum team doesn't know anything about the show, but maybe this was all a ploy to protect Z-Beat?

Plus looking back at the data I did on day 2 with the three train, Z-Beat was one of the ones I was suspicious about (thought at the time I was willing to give him a pass) because he was the first to reignite the Chuggs train that almost got him lunched. That was when Chuggs was at 1, Oreo 5, and Zeke 3.
It might have just been a desperation move on oreo's part that z-beat took advantage of.
Also plausible.