• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
To be super clear I'm this one:
giphy.gif

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to point out that exodus is still likely lying about how his power works and has been definitely lying about it in various ways since his claim.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I have lied about my power exactly once. That was lying about the even/odd day thing.
Because your power is also tied to the fate of two different players as well, yes? I'm calling bullshit on that. I am also a fused character and my power has no such restrictions on it. Frankly, your explanation of how it works seems far too convoluted considering everything we've seen in this game so far.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
How is it convoluted?

I can retain my double vote as long as Steven/Connie are both alive. Done. That's it.

Take it up with the gamerunner.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Well first you said you lost one shot with each of your halves, then that you could only vote on certain days, then that you had no shots at all

I never said I was x-shot.

I said that I lost my even day kill with Connie dead. I was trying to attract a night kill because I misunderstood the lightning rod. That is the one and only lie I made about my power.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Exodus you've been lying a lot, but b-dubs a lie just to kill Exodus would result in your immediate death, and considering how far into the game we are that could be bad for you as a scum.

Both of you are sketchy but also in a terrible position to lie

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm lying I'm dying and I'm fine with that. I also don't like the idea of exo using a day I couldn't be here against me, just as an FYI.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming you don't have any shots left because if you did exo would probably be dead regardless of what we all thought

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming you don't have any shots left because if you did exo would probably be dead regardless of what we all thought
Hell, I'd have killed WSD before malus replaced them if I had a shot left. My big regret in this game is going meatwad over WSD.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stantastic - voted to lynch EzekalRAGE. Voted very early though, so might not have intended it to come down to a lynch since oreo was under heavy fire..

I actually did a big read over Stan last night, and it honestly doesn't look great for him. When I looked at his interactions with scum that have already flipped, this is what I found.

Oreo and Stan never once interacted, and the only read that exists between them is Oreo saying that Stan is a null read.

You bet!

lokiduck - town read. I find them to be generally sensible about questions, and feel like they are scumhunting

NeonBorealis - null. They have a good bit of activity, but I don't find myself reading town or scum on them

EzekelRAGE - slight town read. Not always sure what they're aiming for, but don't read it as anti-town

Sawneeks - slight scum read. A scum Sawn would be some of the worst news for town, so I'm generally wary of Sawn out of respect o7

Stantastic - null. They've posted about as much as I have... and I'm near the bottom of the post list lol

TheChuggernaut - slight town read. Though I don't agree with their decisions, I get the feeling that they are looking for scum

nin - null. Nin's posting a lot, but feeling like their cards are held close to their chest. Where's my ninsanity?

Z-Beat - slight scum read. I find them to be focusing way too much on flavors to be a solution to the game, where I think we can only use them to guesstimate powers

exodus - town read. More likely to me that their power demonstrations are town, rather than scum

KetKat - slight town. Think that they do some good prodding and questioning. Don't feel like they take much of a stance on things, though

oreomunsta - wants to help town get the W, but seeing a bad vote build up on them :(

Queen Kong - null. I can appreciate the "new player" vibe, but you're being mentored. That angle could be used dangerously between you and cabot

WhySoDevious - slight scum read. Anyone should be suspicious of low posters. I want to know - WWWSDD? What Would WSD Do?

B-Dubs - town read. like exo, B-Dubs power demo seems more town than scum to me

Reki - null. Not really sure what to make of their activity, to be honest. This read is the most likely to change, I feel

So, I'm going to post my list in a before-after format, where the divide is caused by the EoD madness

lokiduck - town read -> town read. hasn't changeed much, but I'm not appreciating the "oreo cooould be town. if that's the case, my bad, dawg" angle >:[
NeonBorealis - null -> null. Not much of a change
EzekelRAGE - slight town read -> total scum. I did not read Zeke correctly here :(
Sawneeks - slight scum read -> slight scum. No change here
Stantastic - null -> null. No change here
TheChuggernaut - slight town read -> null. I'm seeing vote skipping happening here
nin - null -> scum. WSD and nin had some interactions here that read to me like scum helping each other, then busing each other
Z-Beat - slight scum read -> slight scum read. No change here
exodus - town read -> town read. No change here
KetKat - slight town -> null. Prodding around, but not really committing gives me a less positive read
oreomunsta - wants to help town get the W - no change here
Queen Kong - null -> null. No change here
WhySoDevious - slight scum read -> scum. I think I was watching nin and WSD interacting in such a way that made me really suspect
B-Dubs - town read -> town read. No change here
Reki - null -> slight town. The EoD activity gave me a more favorable look on them

It's not that odd that Oreo didn't have an opinion on Stan as he hasn't been in contention most of the game, but it is odd to me that Stan never mentioned Oreo at all in the game despite the many times that people have voiced suspicion or weirdness about Oreo and has also never given us a comprehensive reads list that I can find.

However, beyond that, I wanted to take a closer look at WhySoDevious's posts in the context of Oreo's flip and what I noticed is that WSD voted for both Oreo and Stan with somewhat flimsy reasoning. The other vote that WSD was on Chuggernaut, and that was a very reluctant vote that they only placed once they realized it might be able to save Oreo.

VOTE: Stantastic

Okay, I'm gonna make this my day one vote.

I read some of Sawneeks and KetKat's reasonings and, though I disagree with them, there's a reason there.

I think Stan's vote is trying to solidify a train on weemad.

My current reads so far...

Town
- B-Dubs - no explanation needed

Town-leaning
- Exodus - people say his role is NAI, but I'll take it as him being town
- lokiduck - I appreciate his start-of-day analysis and I think he's got a god read of what's going on.

Null
- EzekelRAGE - Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt for now. His playing style may seem pushy, but that's how he played in Maple Street Mafia, and he turned out to be town in that one.
- Everyone else not on this list - I'm just not picking up on anything right now.

Scum-leaning
- Stantastic - Not getting any particular vibe from him, but someone to keep an eye on because
- TheChuggernaut - His vote on weemad and his vote on MeatWad are highly suspect to me.

That Stan vote came in the last 15 minutes of Day End at a time where WeeMadArthur was leading with 5 votes, and Stan was at 2 due to the double vote from Exodus. As far as I can see Stan never talked about WSD until he was out of the game and just said he never felt great about him while questioning Malus. There's enough weirdness and trying to create what feels like artificial distance with Stan that I want to hear more him.

Vote: Stantastic

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Stantastic

Feels like the best person to go for right now. He voted against Zeke though, but it was quite early and there's really nothing else redeeming him right now. He was an early scum read and I think I'll keep with my gut on this one.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Heh, looks like we're on the same page. Interesting (lack of) link between Stan and oreo.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I...you...shit! You beat me to it! I was about to do a cool movie twist read on Stan.

Sigh, well, I guess I'll throw in my evidence

Stan you didn't actually get around to committing to nin until a train formed for oreo as a preemptive measure to save your friend
yeah is anyone buying any of this from nin?
because im sure not and boy is this game dead.

vote:nin

i really wouldnt mind a turbo unless anyone has some real shit to bring up.

You went to sleep while neon was still a valid option. Like oreo you didn't guess that it would turn around so quickly, and therefore was bot around to help him establish a better alibi and he panicked
Checking in one last time before i surrender to unconciousnesss sweet embrace, and i think i may actually throw my hat in this ring.

vote: NeonBorealis

Im also...unconvinced buy the given situation/explanation, and this seems like a far more fruitful way to shake up what has been an awfully relaxed day lunch wise.

Actually peace out now for real.

And you've been trying to win sawneeks favor all game. You knew she was a town and probably a skilled player in these games. You wanted to stay on her good side so she'd continue to confirm you. That's why you sacrificed Zeke, because she was already onto him and you wanted to get ahead of it to cement your place as her confirmed town read

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's why WSD's and oreos reads on you were so weak. You were the scum sent to keep your distance from the others while WSD and oreo double teamed nin and Zeke drew attention. You were the one meant to survive by hanging back, weren't you...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately we don't know who Reki used the 2nd shot on unless they were roleblocked that night since scum's roleblocker was long dead

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Never. Why would I even be the target of a role block?
Because Reki's power is to role block and protect someone. I was trying to see if Oreo was lying when he implied you were targeted.

Been dealing with ISP problems so I haven't been able to play on desktop which is where I prefer to play lol. Been going to job interviews all day today so I haven't been able to read the thread yet. Let me get back and I'll try to be more active
Good luck, Chugg.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Because Reki's power is to role block and protect someone. I was trying to see if Oreo was lying when he implied you were targeted.

Oh right, I probably would have gotten a notification.

No, I wasn't role blocked or protected. Could be Reki role blocked the actual mafia killer, hence scum's need to get rid of her.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I probably would have gotten a notification.

No, I wasn't role blocked or protected. Could be Reki role blocked the actual mafia killer, hence scum's need to get rid of her.
If that was the case I presume Reki would have put out a breadcrumb of some kind (at the very least). That's big intel.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Stan does fit my theory that no one on scum team was around when Oreo made his onion claim. Stan went to sleep.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went looking for Reki breadcrumbs

This is right after the Night 3 no-kill

Sorry I haven't been really active. Still catching up but I have to say, that EoD was way more interesting than D1's.

There's probably 3-4 mafia players remaining, and any of them can issue the factional kill. So only one would lose the chance to use a power, and that's not considering there could be a plain goon (with no power).

So the most likely scenario is what you point out later, a protective role.

So, one shot could have been used then but we also had the lightning rod, so there wasn't any reason to speak up about it clearly.

I couldn't find any other breadcrumbs on deathless nights from Reki in particular, so I don't think they knew anything for sure.

You're right.

But being completely honest, I believe we're reaching the point at which a mass claim could help a lot to get a better understanding of the game state.

I don't want to push it because we haven't seen a cop/doctor flip yet, two of the roles that would be more likely at risk after that.

But I'm starting to believe there's no doctor this game.

This is an older post that I found where it seems a little more obvious that Reki's role is protective, but they raise a good point here. We've all been assuming that Steven is in the game and that he's a Doctor or Protector of some kind, how likely do we think that is after a Jailer showed up that both role blocks and protects?

Oct 25, 2017
Of the three Exodus mentioned, I would rather get rid of Kong and Dubs before Stan if I'm being honest. I still think my theory that scum was trying to set up both Stan and Saw on day 1 is accurate. That's also a dangerous bus from Devious if Stan is scum (Although Devious had some...odd play.)

I'm not super inclined to say this clears Z-Beat either. That could of easily been an emergency bus because Oreo was just a goon and the Neon wagon was starting to get some push back. I do think he looks better then he did, but I'm not going to call that a town read yet.

Exodus, Neon, and Ketkat are strong towns for me. Loki is less so, but I'm still confident she's town.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Alright. Updated read lists time.

Lean town:
TheChuggernaut: Focusing on Oreo for more than half of the game leads me to believe that Chuggs is definitively town.
KetKat: Cop check kinda leads me to believe that Ket is town (unless there is a Godfather in the scum team).
Exodus: Has been constantly accused by members of scum over multiple days. If Exo was really scum, that tactic would be suicidal IMO.
Lokiduck:Active and was also heavily focused on Oreo.

Null reads:
B-Dubs: We know of his power and has just confirmed that it was a 1-shot. The coyness of before was perhaps in order to fish for a nightkill? Unsure as of now.
Queen Kong: Claims to be pearl. Erratic and reactionary behavior as of now.
Z-Beat: Claims to be Greg. Vote on Oreo could have been late game bussing.

Lean scum:
Stantastic: Relatively low activity (pot, meet kettle) combined with what the others have said above leads me to put you in here. However, I'm against turboing someone who hasn't even been able to defend himself, so I'm abstaining from any votes now.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Alright. Updated read lists time.

Lean town:
TheChuggernaut: Focusing on Oreo for more than half of the game leads me to believe that Chuggs is definitively town.
KetKat: Cop check kinda leads me to believe that Ket is town (unless there is a Godfather in the scum team).
Exodus: Has been constantly accused by members of scum over multiple days. If Exo was really scum, that tactic would be suicidal IMO.
Lokiduck:Active and was also heavily focused on Oreo.

Null reads:
B-Dubs: We know of his power and has just confirmed that it was a 1-shot. The coyness of before was perhaps in order to fish for a nightkill? Unsure as of now.
Queen Kong: Claims to be pearl. Erratic and reactionary behavior as of now.
Z-Beat: Claims to be Greg. Vote on Oreo could have been late game bussing.

Lean scum:
Stantastic: Relatively low activity (pot, meet kettle) combined with what the others have said above leads me to put you in here. However, I'm against turboing someone who hasn't even been able to defend himself, so I'm abstaining from any votes now.
I figured it would be better if they went for me instead of someone who still had a power. Plus, I figured it would be an obvious target that a doctor could take advantage of.

Now I imagine they kept me alive so you could all scum read me as the game continued on and I stayed around.

Oct 25, 2017
I figured it would be better if they went for me instead of someone who still had a power. Plus, I figured it would be an obvious target that a doctor could take advantage of.

Now I imagine they kept me alive so you could all scum read me as the game continued on and I stayed around.

Yeah, I'm not buying this. Scum would of had no idea how many shots you had. Sure they could of taken a gamble to see if you hit town again, but that just seems like a risky move for a scum team

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not buying this. Scum would of had no idea how many shots you had. Sure they could of taken a gamble to see if you hit town again, but that just seems like a risky move for a scum team

If B-dubs is town, then scum would know that. What are the odds that a Town DayVig will have more than one shot if we're being honest here? I don't think they were overly concerned and would avoid hitting him because a doctor could try to protect him

Oct 25, 2017
If B-dubs is town, then scum would know that. What are the odds that a Town DayVig will have more than one shot if we're being honest here? I don't think they were overly concerned and would avoid hitting him because a doctor could try to protect him

No idea. The only game where I saw a day vig with more than one shot was when the day vig was scum. I'm still not inclined to write it off as a town role though. I had never seen a scum double voter before my last game either, and just assuming that was town let them stick around for way too long.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No idea. The only game where I saw a day vig with more than one shot was when the day vig was scum. I'm still not inclined to write it off as a town role though. I had never seen a scum double voter before my last game either, and just assuming that was town let them stick around for way too long.

That's fair. I'm not sure I'd want to flip B-dubs for that just yet though. Speaking of claims though, you haven't claimed anything yet have you Chuggernaut? I'm just double checking my notes and I want to make sure I didn't miss anything

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
If I was lying shouldn't I pick an obscure character that's surely town? Like another vending machine or Greg, Steven's dad.

That was my first thought, but scum are sometimes provided with claims so it doesn't give you a pass completely. Still, I'd wager on the side of you being town for now.