• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What made you see those as jabs at Exodus and not on Reki? Personally, I have no idea why Malus came out and claimed that Exodus was scum like that. Their roles do seem to be counters to each other, so it felt to me that if anything fishy was going on there it was with Reki redchecking someone. Like, lots of people were suspicious of WSD as it was, and while it's possible that Malus could have brought it back, scum could have gone for a redcheck there, and it didn't even require a roleclaim with the way that Sawneeks power works

Are you saying here that reki having the lie detector was a suspicious claim to you?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly. Dunmo. I do 't really know you guys well enough to know how you generally play.

Perhaps it was because she read through my (imo)exhausting rerads of the thread and my wsd suspicion.

Or maybe she caught my previous breadcrumbs.
I hope you used it already because this would make you a target
Z you still haven't told us why you thought Oreo would be killed?
only one besides me constantly on the chopping block

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up. And while the post I promised will still take some time , I want to clear something up.

I was the one who recieved the cop check on night 3. I used it on KetKat (one of my neutral reads) and she came up as town.

I didn't want to share it because I wanted to wait for some player reactions.

Oh well.
Why check KetKat?

Oct 25, 2017
What made you see those as jabs at Exodus and not on Reki? Personally, I have no idea why Malus came out and claimed that Exodus was scum like that. Their roles do seem to be counters to each other, so it felt to me that if anything fishy was going on there it was with Reki redchecking someone. Like, lots of people were suspicious of WSD as it was, and while it's possible that Malus could have brought it back, scum could have gone for a redcheck there, and it didn't even require a roleclaim with the way that Sawneeks power works

Must of missed you doing that. I don't really buy Reki as scum and I think assuming they are is kind of a stretch. They had a chance to check Exodus instead of Malus and instead didn't and gave us an accurate red check, and if they were really trying to give someone town cred, why would they have the already pretty town read Reki do it? It's just weird as a scum play, and you saying that probably would of made me scum read you more, but you're green checked now! So let's talk about that

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018

A process of elimination, actually.

I didn't want to waste my check in someone who could end up dead the day after.

Out of all the remaining players, My town leans were Loki, Chuggs, Exo and you Stan.

My lean scum list was oreo, Z-Dubs and QK.

My neutral or null reads were B-Dubs, Reki prior to the lie detecting debacle and KetKat.

I probably should have used it on my lean scums, but I figured that they woud still be alive by tomorrow since they are currently the center of attention and I decided to clear more of my neutrals. Out of them, KetKat was the most invisible to me and thus, the most likely to remain alive since mafia would like to focus on other players in order to plant confusion (then again, they could have focused in Ket, so it was a gamble).

Oct 25, 2017
So we have a green check on Ketkat which is strange both because I don't know why you check Ketkat out of the players left. I'm also not really sure why you claim that here? Ketkat wasn't exactly in a situation to be killed anytime soon and all that green check did was speed her up in the scum kill order line. Just don't really like this as a move.

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen scum green check a scum mate before, but that was in a super rough situation for scum, and this is not that if scum is Ketkat and Neon. Like holy shit that would be a weird move. If scum did play a part in this, it's probably Neon that's the scum here.

Oct 25, 2017
I need to go back and look at the start of the day. I remember a weird amount of "Oh wow, what happened?!" post about the no kill which is a really weird thing to do when we know there's most likely a BP in play. Going to have to see if any of those come across as role fishing.

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: B-Dubs

Going to park a vote here to give us another wagon. I've said my peace about Dubs. I would go pull some quotes to make a better argument here, but my ISP has been just the biggest fucking assholes and I do not feel like doing that on mobile. Going to try to get to a place that actually has internet before EOD, but no promises.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Anyways. Now then:

analizing Loiduck

I think a good place to aalyze is her votes both for and against:
She voted for:
💀 weemadarthur - #672 (Day 1)
exodus - #232
#543 (Day 1)
oreomunsta - #1,106 (Day 2)
oreomunsta - #1,425 (Day 3)
Z-Beat - #1,627 (Day 4)

She was voted by:
NeonBorealis - #167
#387 (Day 1)

Now, seeing that that one vote against her was my joke post from day 1, we can see that no one has actually voted for her (and honestly, who would? She has been an asset to town so far and has been very active).

Her vote on weemad can be explained as a reaction to wee's reasoning against saw and some players decided to vote against them.

Her other votes so far have had a reasoning to it. oreomunsta was heavily adamant in lynching a low post count player, and that player was WSD no less. This could be seen as oreo trying to buss a fellow mafia with low activity in order to gain town cred. All in all, this points at loki's reasoning being sound on oreo.

Her vote on Z-Beat was explained in detail in post 1627 (I won't quote it because it is a wall of text). But I'll quote this summary:
Z-Beat voted for B-Dubs day 1 on a train that never took off, suspected him of framing Sawneeks, and speculated about his powers during the party but he hasn't actually voted for B-Dubs after day 1 or made a major argument against him and for this reason I suspect that all this might be him bussing just to put distance between them. However, part of it could be because Z-Beat has tunneled the most on exodus who was his main focus for most of day 3 and will most likely be his main focus for today.

For this reason, I suspect that if Z-Beat is scum, then exodus should be town and vice versa, which again is why it'd be good to flip Z-Beat.
Those were logical reasons and I agree to an extent since Z-Beat was really focused on flavor talk early on while tunneling on Chugg, B-Dubs and Exo. Sadly this train fo thought fell out last day because of the malus incident. Was Malus trying to get attention of Z? Dunno, but I find it unlikely since the attention that day was on both malus and Exodus.

Honestly. I've been reading on her past posts and I can't find a reason on why she wouldn't be helping town at all. That and her votes against her speak volumes (with how protown she has been, it'd be suicide for any scum to attempt to lynch her).

There Reki. I honestly have no energy to go through the thread a 4th time. So I'm going to leave it at that.

Anyways. Regarding today's vote. After thinking it for a while I'm going to go for Z-Beat as I agrree with Lokiduck. However, I'm open to go for oreomunsta since his voting pattern on previous days has been rather odd and I find it curious that he focused on a mafioso on day 1 and didn't vote on both days mafia were eliminated.

Vote: Z-Beat

And with that I'm off. Will hopefully have time to check the thread before EOD. But I have many chores and activities tomorrow, so I can't be sure if I'm going to be here at all.

Good night people.

Also: Toy Story 4 was good

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Oh wow, why the heck do we only have 3 votes down?
I've personally been avoiding voting because I wanted to avoid a turbo until we had discussed everything that could possibly be discussed. The good news as we have definitely learned some things, as we have supposedly learned who got the cop check and Ket has been confirmed as town by neon if he's telling the truth.

Oct 25, 2017
I've personally been avoiding voting because I wanted to avoid a turbo until we had discussed everything that could possibly be discussed. The good news as we have definitely learned some things, as we have supposedly learned who got the cop check and Ket has been confirmed as town by neon if he's telling the truth.

Eh, we're pretty far and away from a turbo. I agree we should probably try to avoid it, but there's not really a point of holding a vote when there's not many like there is now.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Out of all the remaining players, My town leans were Loki, Chuggs, Exo and you Stan.

My neutral or null reads were B-Dubs, Reki prior to the lie detecting debacle and KetKat.

I probably should have used it on my lean scums, but I figured that they woud still be alive by tomorrow since they are currently the center of attention and I decided to clear more of my neutrals. Out of them, KetKat was the most invisible to me and thus, the most likely to remain alive since mafia would like to focus on other players in order to plant confusion (then again, they could have focused in Ket, so it was a gamble).

I want to hear more about why you would not role check someone you were leaning scum on and went for a null :/ Even if that list included me.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to put my vote up now, so that I don't miss EoD without a vote down for a third time in a row o_o

I'm okay with a Z-Beat lynch today, since my biggest scum leans are now gone

Vote: Z-Beat

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

i cant say i find any of this particularly convincing but okay...for now.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try to catch up. Was busy this weekend.

I have to say, not sure I trust the Neon and Ketkat combo. How many scum do we have left? I wouldn't be surprised for this to be a last ditch effort by scum.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Z-Dubs?

I've seen scum green check a scum mate before, but that was in a super rough situation for scum, and this is not that if scum is Ketkat and Neon. Like holy shit that would be a weird move. If scum did play a part in this, it's probably Neon that's the scum here.
I haven't seen them interacting much, Neon and Ketkat.

If Neon was town:
-Safe.

If Neon was a scum:
-He might want to earn favour by naming a town.
-He's protecting Ketkat.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
a thing to keep in mind in that regard is that we have gotten 2 scum pretty early in the game, and now have had 2 days without NKs.
while we are hardly in the end game i have to imaging that things are feeling pretty rough for scum rn, and that could definitely push them to some more audacious plans.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
We have 2 extra towns who were killed early, though. I don't imagine that happens often...
oh that would have helped sure, but im more thinking of looking at things from scums perspective and how the situation must feel for them right now. like emotional wise.
Whatever high that might have come with the lovers death would have worn off long ago, and its only been setback after setback since with both loss of their team members and the multiple NKs failing, where they are standing things will need to go very well for them many days in a row, and given the grip we seem to have on the gamescape right now that probably wouldn't look very likely.
Hence very probable desperation and maybe even a little bit of panic, the kind that would have some crazier ideas seem necessary.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (4 votes)
Queen Kong - #2,001
B-Dubs - #2,051
NeonBorealis - #2,113
oreomunsta - #2,118

Queen Kong (1 votes)
Z-Beat - #2,030

B-Dubs (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #2,112

Not voting: lokiduck, Reki, KetKat, Stantastic, exodus

Post Counts:
Z-Beat: 26 lokiduck: 25 Queen Kong: 18 NeonBorealis: 13 TheChuggernaut: 11 B-Dubs: 11 oreomunsta: 11 Reki: 9 KetKat: 9 Stantastic: 8 exodus: 3

Current Countdown:
gntd4vqiym

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was actually doing some thinking and realized I might've miscounted on the number of prizes sent out. Should be 5, not 6

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
mostly to Queen Kong or really anyone that remembers, did you at some point reveal your character name?
for some reason i have the memory that you did, like around when you guessed nin was peridot, but looking back i dont see it at all and now im starting to think im crazy.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That literally happened in the last game. Bae faked a cop roll and green checked a scum teammate, only this was super early game.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
mostly to Queen Kong or really anyone that remembers, did you at some point reveal your character name?
for some reason i have the memory that you did, like around when you guessed nin was peridot, but looking back i dont see it at all and now im starting to think im crazy.
I didn't publicly reveal it yet but I'm one of the Crystal Gems.
My power fits the character though. : )

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm saying is that just because we think a plan is crazy doesn't mean that they won't try it. Hell, I'd say we're less likely to see through the obvious and crazy plans simply because we assume they'd never do that.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That literally happened in the last game. Bae faked a cop roll and green checked a scum teammate, only this was super early game.

To be fair, Bae fakes her role a lot. You're free to be suspicious of the check if you want though, can't really blame you until you see one of us flip

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was also mulling over the game balancing. We can assume exo probably counters malus, and Zeke probably counters the protection role. Sawneeks was a little harder to figure out but I did start to wonder why she'd be able to hand out so many investigation roles. It seems clear that the goal was to see if she'd choose town correctly, but then that just makes them throwaway abilities if given to scum because a lie detector and cop check would be useless to them for the most part, unless there was a neutral who was more of a threat to them than to town. Which brings me to this
Lapis might be a neutral role tho, but we might lynch her just to be sure

On top of that, I can't determine what was supposed to balance out sugilite. The only thing I could think of was the vest, which seems odd to say the least because why would a town need to defend a town against another town.

Looked back and found out reki got the lie detector on N3. So if I've got this right:

N1: lightning rod to exo, and maybe something to someone else (likely a post restriction)

N2: post restriction to exo. I doubt she'd send a 2nd gift considering it'd all just go to exo

N3: lie detector to reki and cop to neon

All that said, I realized one thing: sawneeks trusted exo reki and stan, and scum read nin. What if sawneeks originally sent the lightning rod to nin and it deflected to exo? And Neon, why do you think she gave you the cop check

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I was also mulling over the game balancing. We can assume exo probably counters malus, and Zeke probably counters the protection role. Sawneeks was a little harder to figure out but I did start to wonder why she'd be able to hand out so many investigation roles. It seems clear that the goal was to see if she'd choose town correctly, but then that just makes them throwaway abilities if given to scum because a lie detector and cop check would be useless to them for the most part, unless there was a neutral who was more of a threat to them than to town. Which brings me to this

On top of that, I can't determine what was supposed to balance out sugilite. The only thing I could think of was the vest, which seems odd to say the least because why would a town need to defend a town against another town.

Looked back and found out reki got the lie detector on N3. So if I've got this right:

N1: lightning rod to exo, and maybe something to someone else (likely a post restriction)

N2: post restriction to exo. I doubt she'd send a 2nd gift considering it'd all just go to exo

All that said, I realized one thing: sawneeks trusted exo reki and stan, and scum read nin. What if sawneeks originally sent the lightning rod to nin and it deflected to exo? And Neon, why do you think she gave you the cop check
Perhaps scums have a fusion?
My guess was Malachite. I haven't seen them do anything too overt though.

I wonder why she gave it to Neon too, I combed through her posts and no mention of her trusting Neon.

For example:
Wary: Neon, Chuggs

the unsures should be obvious and Neon + Chuggs are under wary because while I want to believe they are Town I am having some apprehension. both of them feel like they could be active, participating scum but i have nothing to back that up other than a 'what if' feeling. still, it's strong enough i couldn't dismiss it.

And on some more general thoughts I'm not...terribly against a Chuggs push right now? Like I mentioned earlier I can easily see him being an active Scum player but i'm not terribly confident in that assumption. I could even see this being a Scum!Neon trying to take out a Town!Chuggs but that's a lot of my paranoia talking. So, i don't know. If it keeps going up towards Day End I'll reconsider it.

Also big tinfoil hat time again: Scum have active Day Commands this game and both Exo/Dubs are Scum and are just riding this Town Credit wave.

But other than that I guess just. If you're Town please step up and be more active and open. Scum get by on lying and not being fully themselves, Town doesn't. Don't be a scummy town.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington

Why are you thinking she sent out the first gif bomb to someone on night 1? Did someone post a lot of gifs day 2 that could have been the target?

nin probably would have told us if his redirect had been used up the first night when he roleclaimed. I believe when he did he mentioned it hadn't been used yet. Let me go check.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Ughh, I made a mistake of focussing too much on flavour with nin. I will try not to do that again.
(Secretly hope we pop a Yellow diamond next.)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why are you thinking she sent out the first gif bomb to someone on night 1? Did someone post a lot of gifs day 2 that could have been the target?

nin probably would have told us if his redirect had been used up the first night when he roleclaimed. I believe when he did he mentioned it hadn't been used yet. Let me go check.
Because N1 seems like a terrible time to send out investigation and protection roles unless you plan to die.

Also, why would Sawneeks target eco with the lightning rod if she trusted exo? That's taking a huge risk relying on the protection role to save exo. So unless exo got both the vest and the lightning rod, it seems unlikely

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Lol I forgot his misspelled my name as loliduk.

Anyways looking back at his posts, he never out right said his redirect hadn't been used, but from the way he phrased it, it sounded like it hadn't.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Because N1 seems like a terrible time to send out investigation and protection roles unless you plan to die.

Also, why would Sawneeks target eco with the lightning rod if she trusted exo? That's taking a huge risk relying on the protection role to save exo. So unless exo got both the vest and the lightning rod, it seems unlikely
That seems reasonable. I could see her sending the gif bomb to someone she didn't trust, the question is, which players posted a lot of gifs that day then?
His role doesn't explicitly state that he'd be notified if it was
He said when he roleclaimed that he'd be notified by a mod. It may not say it in the role PM but that's what he said, so it's what I'm basing it off of.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That seems reasonable. I could see her sending the gif bomb to someone she didn't trust, the question is, which players posted a lot of gifs that day then?

He said when he roleclaimed that he'd be notified by a mod. It may not say it in the role PM but that's what he said, so it's what I'm basing it off of.
I'll go back and check.

And fair enough. I didn't see that part or I forgot