• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
z-beat due to the focus on flavor that doesn't really do anything for us in terms of scum hunting
The idea is that lying takes effort and because flavor is role-based in this game it's harder to maintain, especially without a working knowledge of the source material, and you're more prone to slip up and contradict something in the game, even with supplied roles

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Reki, I'd ask that you investigate anyone but oreo. You've been focused on oreo since day 1 and I might be inclined to think you're an executioner if you call oreo out as scum.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Reki, I'd ask that you investigate anyone but oreo. You've been focused on oreo since day 1 and I might be inclined to think you're an executioner if you call oreo out as scum.
If reki is then they're next and we have a better picture of who is scum and who isn't.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not willing to waste 2 kills on a townie and a neutral. There are other people worth investigating. I'm just trying to preempt what I consider a possible issue. I see 3 likely possibilities:

1. Reki is town
a. Reki clears town
b. Reki accuses scum

2. Reki is scum
a. Reki clears scum
b. Reki accuses town

3. Reki is an executioner
a. Reki accuses lynch target (likely town)

I'd say 2b is unlikely, since it means Reki is dead next. We're left with 1a, 1b, 2a, and 3a. Two of these outcomes are good, two of these are very bad. We can eliminate one of these outcomes by asking that Reki does not investigate oreo, since that would likely be their lynch target.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017

I linked myself to the result of this plan though. You'll kill me tomorrow if I get a town lunched today.

So yeah. Whatever the result I get, it's a trust exercise. It'd be pretty outlandish that you all vote to check Ms. Bird, for example. But if I get a red check there, you'll all have to decide if you trust me enough to lunch her first and then kill me if things go wrong, or lunching me first and pointing at her after seeing my flip.

There's something else though. I understand how me voting oreomunsta two days can look like I've been focusing on him, but you asking me not to check there also links you to him in a way. It'll be a collective decision though.

I'm not willing to waste 2 kills on a townie and a neutral. There are other people worth investigating. I'm just trying to preempt what I consider a possible issue. I see 3 likely possibilities:

1. Reki is town
a. Reki clears town
b. Reki accuses scum

2. Reki is scum
a. Reki clears scum
b. Reki accuses town

3. Reki is an executioner
a. Reki accuses lynch target (likely town)

I'd say 2b is unlikely, since it means Reki is dead next. We're left with 1a, 1b, 2a, and 3a. Two of these outcomes are good, two of these are very bad. We can eliminate one of these outcomes by asking that Reki does not investigate oreo, since that would likely be their lynch target.

Good analysis. You have to add the bussing option though.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Nice to see that I'm still in your suspect list Exo.

Did I really tick you off? Because I can't remember me tgrowing shade directly at you. Sure, I wanted to confirm your role since your claim on day 1 was sudden, but once that got confirmed come day 2 I let it go.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
In other news, oreo hasn't replied even though he has been in the forums. It is weird. He is inactive, but at least he is consistent.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see that I'm still in your suspect list Exo.

Did I really tick you off? Because I can't remember me tgrowing shade directly at you. Sure, I wanted to confirm your role since your claim on day 1 was sudden, but once that got confirmed come day 2 I let it go.

Nah, it was more for your voting patterns.

But I just went to re-read your reads list from day 2 and I kind of agree with most of it, so I probably wouldn't put you in my top 3 anymore. It was a distant 3rd. :P

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think my top three at the moment would be:

exodus
z-beat
Queen Kong

Though this is mostly based on days 1 and 2 since I still haven't read all of day 3 (or only skimmed it)

exodus: as already explained I have reason to believe it's a scum power but no absolute guarantee so a check wouldn't hurt.
z-beat: He seems really invested in the flavor talk but to me it seems kind of pointless and is just distracting. Scum will probably have fake names to claim so discussing this isn't really helpful.
Queen Kong: She comes across as a typical new player, but some questions seem kind of on the nose (sorry if they are genuine questions). In my experience every new player that rolls scum will play the noob card to get town cred. I do like her contributions today, but there's really not much on D1 or D2 that is useful.

Oreo could also be interesting looking at his curious absence here. I didn't find him to be particularly suspicious the first 2 days so I guess people base their read on what happened D3? I guess he voted Meatwad D2 but there were a lot of people suspicous of Meatwad that wouldn't vote, which generally makes me more suspicious than those that commit to their read.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Queen Kong: She comes across as a typical new player, but some questions seem kind of on the nose (sorry if they are genuine questions). In my experience every new player that rolls scum will play the noob card to get town cred. I do like her contributions today, but there's really not much on D1 or D2 that is useful.
Aww, thanks. I'll lynch you last. <3

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's because you haven't given us a reason to town read you.

Besides I think most of us are more interested in finding out about malus at this point, since his claim against exodus started today's main topic.
Your own read dump implied my flip determines exo's already

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I have but it doesn't have to be that way if you'd just give me a reason to not scumread you.

Can you please tell me what you think of the other players in this game in general? Ignoring the whole malus vs exo thing, what do you think of the others?

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Me atm:

Town:
Chugg: town > town. Nothing changes.
exodus: town > town. Although nin mentioned exo tunneled him at the end. I still don't have a lot of reasons to distrust exo. He's been pretty open from Day 3 onwards.
Reki: town > town. We're trusting Reki to spy check now, too.
loki: town > town. Nothing changes.
Neon: town > town.
Stan: town > town.

Null:
B-Dubs: null. He's been contributing in hunting effort. I really think if he was a scum, that smash would be a brilliant move.
Ketkat: null. Leaning town. She has been making a lot of good points I agreed with. (For example Malus' read.)
oreo: null. He hasn't shown up much either.

Scums:
Malus: He's been on exo's trail. He stated he had a power that proves exo is a scum? But there's no proof atm.
Z-beat: nothing changes.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have but it doesn't have to be that way if you'd just give me a reason to not scumread you.

Can you please tell me what you think of the other players in this game in general? Ignoring the whole malus vs exo thing, what do you think of the others?
I think queen kong isn't as new sounding as she let's on and I think someone is gearing up to confirm one town to gain their trust and ride it to the end and I can't tell if it's reki or you. I also think exo is doing the same thing but it's not working out nearly as well and if they're scum then this is a long-winded intentional frame job because the job is up.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course all of that is little more than suspicion without proof, which I was trying to gather through role analysis associated with flavors. Supplied names or not there's bound to be a hole somewhere and because those are the only things written in stone it's the best place to look

Final warning on rule 5
OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
In other news, oreo hasn't replied even though he has been in the forums. It is weird. He is inactive, but at least he is consistent.
We don't do this. This is the third time someone has broken rule 5 in this thread and the next time, I'm going to modkill for the infraction. I don't know how to make this more clear. We do not bring outside activity into the game, period.

5. Please respect all of your fellow players. We ask that you respect a player's personal pronouns and be aware of accessibility when using non-default text formatting. Please do not refer to, or discuss, player activity outside of this thread, for the sake of the game's integrity.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Z-beat has been giving me bad vibe. I'd like to have him lynched today.
Vote: Z-beat

And have Malus and B-Dubs investigated.

Ketkat Can we get your read on all surviving players at this moment? I don't think you've posted it.
If you have cop power, who would you investigate tonight?

Sure, I've been reading over some people and this is a rough reads list.

Town
lokiduck - I've liked a lot of the questions that she's asking and I feel that she's genuinely hunting scum
Queen Kong - She feels like new town to me, excited and trying to figure stuff out
NeonBorealis - I did a deep dive over Neon last night and his Day 1 and 2 aren't great and it's a lot of tunneling on Chuggernaut, but once Zeke flipped scum he started to expand outwards and start to reasses the game so I'm town leaning for right now
B-dubs - He's a DayVig and I town lean that more than I do scum

Scum leaning
Z-beat - Every time I look at Z-beat in the game, it feels like he's more focused on flavor than he is on scum hunting and it hasn't felt like he's scum hunting at all yet. Flavor is nice and all, especially here, but we've got to do both
Oreomunsta - It's been gone over many times in the thread, but Oreo is a bit of an odd one and I'm pretty suspicious here

Unsure/Need to see more
Malus - WSD wasn't very active and I want to see more from Malus before making any decisions here
Exodus - Malus claim makes me suspicious of Exodus but until I see it, I'm okay waiting and keeping an eye out
Reki - I have no idea what to feel about Reki right now
Stantastic - I have no idea what to feel about Stan either and that worries me

I can't think of any strong town interactions for Reki or Stan off the top of my head, so while I am scum leaning Z-beat and Oreo, I would investigate there just to put my mind at ease.

OP
OP
Dr. Monkey

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Z-Beat (2 votes)
lokiduck - #1,627
Queen Kong - #1,784

exodus (1 votes)
malus - #1,648

malus (1 votes)
exodus - #1,647
Queen Kong - #1,725 #1,784

Not voting: TheChuggernaut, Z-Beat, oreomunsta, Reki, KetKat, NeonBorealis, Stantastic, B-Dubs

Post Counts:
lokiduck: 36 exodus: 25 Queen Kong: 25 Reki: 22 Z-Beat: 17 B-Dubs: 17 malus: 15 NeonBorealis: 14 TheChuggernaut: 12 KetKat: 12 Stantastic: 7

Current Countdown:
nh573q30cl

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Side note: I did briefly consider it, but seeing as that role contradicts some of the rules of the game, I find it unlikely, and I feel like prodding further in that direction is a slippery slope.
It happened in the rooms one where someone got muted as we moved to a room where people with less than 10 kills were killed instantly

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Anyways. We still have a little over 26 hours. We still have time but I think we should start coming up with a decision on who to use the lie detector so that we have time to discuss afterwards.

My top 3:
1.- Malus
2.- Z-Beat
3.- Queen Kong

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
But yeah I do agree it's a slippery slope.

lokiduck what are your thoughts on my reply to you
I think queen kong isn't as new sounding as she let's on and I think someone is gearing up to confirm one town to gain their trust and ride it to the end and I can't tell if it's reki or you. I also think exo is doing the same thing but it's not working out nearly as well and if they're scum then this is a long-winded intentional frame job because the job is up.
Interesting opinion on Queen Kong as Reki and others have wondered if she's using her newbie status to hide as scum.

I could see Reki possibly using this whole thing to get town points either for confirming a townie or finding scum, but I haven;t really seen anything suspicious from them. As for me I have genuinely been scum-hunting but you'll just have to take my word for it on that.

What do you mean by intentional frame job?

Also what is your opinion of Chuggs now since you earlier suspected him of bussing oreo? I also want to hear your opinions on oreo, stan, ket, and neon if possible.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting opinion on Queen Kong as Reki and others have wondered if she's using her newbie status to hide as scum.

I could see Reki possibly using this whole thing to get town points either for confirming a townie or finding scum, but I haven;t really seen anything suspicious from them. As for me I have genuinely been scum-hunting but you'll just have to take my word for it on that.

What do you mean by intentional frame job?

Also what is your opinion of Chuggs now since you earlier suspected him of bussing oreo? I also want to hear your opinions on oreo, stan, ket, and neon if possible.
It's curious that oreo is still alive tbh, stan and neon I got nothing but if one of them flipped scum I'd suspect the other just through my own lack of perceived interaction between them, dunno if I agree with ket on b-dubs because that vig becomes more lethal the further into the game it's held on to but if exo's fusion rule applies then b-dubs should've lost that power entirely before we even knew they had it. Chuggs I need to go back and re-check

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Anyways. We still have a little over 26 hours. We still have time but I think we should start coming up with a decision on who to use the lie detector so that we have time to discuss afterwards.

Yeah. Your vote goes to malus then, right?

To everyone else, since some of the provided top three aren't ordered I'd prefer a clear "I want you to check X" if possible.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
us that oreo is still alive tbh, stan and neon I got nothing but if one of them flipped scum I'd suspect the other just through my own lack of perceived interaction between them, dunno if I agree with ket on b-dubs because that vig becomes more lethal the further into the game it's held on to but if exo's fusion rule applies then b-dubs should've lost that power entirely before we even knew they had it. Chuggs I need to go back and re-check
I look forward to your opinion on Chuggs then. As for your comment about exo's fusion rule, you may be right but I'm not entirely sure it actually applies to every fusion there is in the game. There is a possibility that Dr. Monkey may have given that rule to just exodus (if the rule even exists) to make him look more suspect to other fusions that don't have it even though in that case both fusions are town. You yourself mentioned that Monkey can have a lot of fun with her flavor and power roles using maple street as an example.

For that reason I'd like to hear more from B-Dubs(How do you tag people again? .,.) on what he thinks of exodus having a fusion rule that he can't double vote once Connie or Steven die in the game.
Yeah. Your vote goes to malus then, right?

To everyone else, since some of the provided top three aren't ordered I'd prefer a clear "I want you to check X" if possible.
At this out of my top three suspects, I want you to check malus, as he might help in figuring out exodus.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
One-sided so far. I'd love to detect Ketkat, since I don't really know what to make of her - not really a fan of her recent comment about Stantastic either - and it would be great to finally clear that. So that's where my vote goes.

I'll be probably out for a few hours but hopefully we have more votes when I return to finally check.

(How do you tag people again? .,.)

You write "@" and start typing the name to get some suggestions.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
One-sided so far. I'd love to detect Ketkat, since I don't really know what to make of her - not really a fan of her recent comment about Stantastic either - and it would be great to finally clear that. So that's where my vote goes.

I'll be probably out for a few hours but hopefully we have more votes when I return to finally check.

You write "@" and start typing the name to get some suggestions.
Oh okay thanks.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
In that case. B-Dubs what do you think about how exodus claims he can't double vote because one of the characters involved in his fusion for Stevonnie (Connie) died?