• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
You're right.

But being completely honest, I believe we're reaching the point at which a mass claim could help a lot to get a better understanding of the game state.

I don't want to push it because we haven't seen a cop/doctor flip yet, two of the roles that would be more likely at risk after that.

But I'm starting to believe there's no doctor this game.
I saw "cop" power in Neeks list. She prob gave it to someone who's been on point with their prediction so far. : /
What does doctor do?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, as far as Malus and Exodus go, I'm inclined to believe Exodus is town as of now, which makes me think that claim from Malus is some phony bologna. I would check one of those two if you're going to check someone.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
They do seem to be the hot debate as of today. And based on Malus reactions so far, it seems that they are both in an either/or situation.

Although maybe we should wait until oreo and the reat have said their piece before we do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
As far as other reads, B-Dubs and Z-Beat are two of my biggest. B-Dubs specifically. Why on earth have scum not killed him yet if he's town?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
As far as other reads, B-Dubs and Z-Beat are two of my biggest. B-Dubs specifically. Why on earth have scum not killed him yet if he's town?

I originally thought that BDubs had recieved a gun from the inventor before Saw flipped (we could infer that maybe there was an inventor based on Exo's lightning rod claim). But that theory is out of the window now.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been wondering that about B-Dubs as well, but what's your reasoning for Z-Beat?

I've been not feeling super great about him since day 2 and things really haven't changed. It's just a bunch of flavor talk and a pretty unimpressive day 3. Oh, I forgot to mention that Oreo is still pretty high up on my scum reads. Things haven't really changed for me there either. If nin flipped scum that would be some points in his favor, but he was town so I'm back to square one there.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I've been not feeling super great about him since day 2 and things really haven't changed. It's just a bunch of flavor talk and a pretty unimpressive day 3. Oh, I forgot to mention that Oreo is still pretty high up on my scum reads. Things haven't really changed for me there either. If nin flipped scum that would be some points in his favor, but he was town so I'm back to square one there.
Yep same on oreo, that's why i focused on Z-Beat for my mega post.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I'm rereading neeks' list.

"You have seven prizes total to pass out, and up to twice per night."
This is day 4 and there are 7 prize in total. I feel like she would definitely has given out the cop check.

We can make a list of top 2 most suspicious people, and Reki can pick one and the person with cop power can pick the other one.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I'm rereading neeks' list.

"You have seven prizes total to pass out, and up to twice per night."
This is day 4 and there are 7 prize in total. I feel like she would definitely has given out the cop check.

We can make a list of top 2 most suspicious people, and Reki can pick one and the person with cop power can pick the other one.
This doesn't sound like a bad idea actually.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i aint feeling a mass claim today at all, like maybe tommorrow depending how things go, theres still plenty of room for town powers to be useful and its hard to say how how mych a mass claim would really help us given were in role madness.
Verizon is the worst, friends.
Look at this guy tryin to get easy town point by saying shit everyones gonna agree with
/jk

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh woops, there was a whole page i hadnt read before posting that.
Its still highly questionable that he has more shots, but more importantly keep in mind that a town vid isnt nessisarily a good thing for town, scum could easily be hoping that if dubs does have another shot it also goes at another towny, which considering there are always more town than scum the odds are in thier favor.

Oct 25, 2017
Its still highly questionable that he has more shots, but more importantly keep in mind that a town vid isnt nessisarily a good thing for town, scum could easily be hoping that if dubs does have another shot it also goes at another towny, which considering there are always more town than scum the odds are in thier favor.

Sure. A scum day vig isn't super out of the ordinary though. The "Smash" part of the command makes me wonder if it's a way to bypass the BP that Neeks could hand out

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I have a better idea about what to fact check:

"This statement is false"

Let Monkey check that, the game crashes and we all win!

Anyway: I'm aligned with mafia

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the alternate idea for the lie detector, i would rather we stuck with the safer "im aligned with mafia" idea.
The other feels like its trying to game the system in a way that monkey could very easily just not play along with, and it could very easily bite us in the ass.
Sure. A scum day vig isn't super out of the ordinary though. The "Smash" part of the command makes me wonder if it's a way to bypass the BP that Neeks could hand out
Oh totally, im in no way saying to rule dubs out, just that i dont think mafia not killing him is alignment indicative

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Regarding the alternate idea for the lie detector, i would rather we stuck with the safer "im aligned with mafia" idea.
The other feels like its trying to game the system in a way that monkey could very easily just not play along with, and it could very easily bite us in the ass.

Oh totally, im in no way saying to rule dubs out, just that i dont think mafia not killing him is alignment indicative
Right now, if you have to use a cop's ability, would you use it on Dubs? Or someone else?

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing that I never told Monkey that I'm actually aligned with an actual real life mafia family or this question could come back to bite me.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I would use it on Malus.
I agree with this.

It's a good thing that I never told Monkey that I'm actually aligned with an actual real life mafia family or this question could come back to bite me.
giphy.gif

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Right now, if you have to use a cop's ability, would you use it on Dubs? Or someone else?
Hes up there but probably not. I finally looked back at dubss claim an behaviour last night and found things at least checked out. Theres syill room for doubt there but for now im cool with it.

I would also use it on malus,
this whole semi-counter on exo (whose claim and shit i also checked out before and felt pretty good on) just smells super fishy atm, and i was hardly thinking highly of WSD before the replacement, so malus coming in with it hot out the gates sure dont help.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Z-beat has been giving me bad vibe. I'd like to have him lynched today.
Vote: Z-beat

And have Malus and B-Dubs investigated.

Ketkat Can we get your read on all surviving players at this moment? I don't think you've posted it.
If you have cop power, who would you investigate tonight?

Oct 25, 2017
Let's not get two ahead of ourselves with that cop check. Neeks could of given it to scum (Or hell, even not at all.) so we need to be careful with just trusting that.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Let's not get two ahead of ourselves with that cop check. Neeks could of given it to scum (Or hell, even not at all.) so we need to be careful with just trusting that.
Neeks' power doesn't specify she has to give items to different players. As far as we know, she could have given the same person she trusted multiple presents.
And Reki has the ability to fact check, I figure it's our best chance right now to at least clear the roles of two people.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like it's a waste of time to investigate B-Dubs. I have actually never seen a scum day vig (and even mafia scum wiki lists it as a town role). Also why would he shoot the top wagon of the day? There were lots of people suspicious of meatwad and not much competition so he could have shot someone else and let the lovers be lunched.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Neeks' power doesn't specify she has to give items to different players. As far as we know, she could have given the same person she trusted multiple presents.
And Reki has the ability to fact check, I figure it's our best chance right now to at least clear the roles of two people.
What we know so far:
N1: ligntning rod to exodus
N2: post restriction to exodus and possibly nin
N3: lie detector to reki

I think it is save to assume that she also handed out a bulletproof and a cop check since those seem to be the most valuable items. She probably thought the items handed out N2 would be sucked up by the lightning rod, so she just gave out two post restrictions.
Since there was no cop check claim on the previous days I assume she handed out the bp on N1, but I'm not sure she would just give reki basically two cop checks without a guarantee that he's town. Seems to make more sense to diversify your investments.

(fake edit: I don't think she could give herself items, otherwise she would probably have given herself the bp and it would also be kind of broken.)

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
What we know so far:

I think it is save to assume that she also handed out a bulletproof and a cop check since those seem to be the most valuable items. She probably thought the items handed out N2 would be sucked up by the lightning rod, so she just gave out two post restrictions.
Since there was no cop check claim on the previous days I assume she handed out the bp on N1, but I'm not sure she would just give reki basically two cop checks without a guarantee that he's town. Seems to make more sense to diversify your investments.

(fake edit: I don't think she could give herself items, otherwise she would probably have given herself the bp and it would also be kind of broken.)
I think the same.
I'd rather not speculate who have them though. It's more useful information for the scums.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
What we know so far:

Actually nin didn't get the posting restriction since I would have absorbed it. He just happened to post a lot of gifs.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Good news I guess; the detector can be used at any time. We're just waiting for El Campeon to post and then after some discussion I'll verify with Monkey.

This sounds good, but since the player with the check won't claim, we could find ourselves in a situation tomorrow in which we have both a claim and a counter-claim of a check. Mafia could get even luckier and NK the player with the check, so their fake claim could go uncontested.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I would say, if someone has a check then they need to make up their own mind and pick for themselves otherwise scum could game it.

We should just check the most suspicious person in the game right now and use that information.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Could you give us your top 3 atm?
In no particular order:

malus
exodus
z-beat

malus is due to leftover suspicion from WSD and his sorta claim
exodus because he lied and his story keeps changing, the whole thing strikes me as scummy even if he did come clean
z-beat due to the focus on flavor that doesn't really do anything for us in terms of scum hunting