• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Now that I've thought about it enough, things have slowed down and it won't be a double post I can share this with you all.

I received the lie detector last night (thank you Sawneeks!). It can check the veracity of one statement with Monkey. It has to be a sentence from a post from today going forward. There're a few ways I could have played this - like not saying anything and checking an unprompted sentence - but ultimately decided that transparency was the best option.

And so I propose a little exercise. I'll ask you all to make a post that only contains, without the quotation marks, the line;

"I'm aligned with mafia."

Why that and no "I'm aligned with town."? Because a "FALSE" result on that front still leaves us with the chance of a potential neutral. Some win conditions can make a neutral side with town, so I'd prefer to phrase it the other way around to be sure if someone is mafia aligned or not.

After, and only AFTER we have the 12 posts, we'll discuss/vote for who do we want to verify. Why? Because we can cast doubt on anyone who refuses to post that line before knowing if they'll be actually checked. Mafia will probably try to mess with the discussion too, but that gives us more information to look at later. I'd be extremely wary of anyone getting in the way of advancing with the exercise, for example.

Since the result will be shared through a PM I know this is ultimately an appeal to your trust on me. So yes, I'm putting all of my town points - as nin liked to say - on the line this time.

Before starting it would be nice to know if everyone is okay with this way of using the item or do you think things should be done differently.

Going out as I post this but I'll answer any questions as soon as possible. Which could be not too soon. Sorry.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Now, the issue here is that Malus's claim came after days on inactivity by WSD which puts doubt into the whole thing. Then again, WSD was very inactive through the game so I really can't get a good read on him besides his null read on Zeke.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok. Now that I've thought about it enough, things have slowed down and it won't be a double post I can share this with you all.

I received the lie detector last night (thank you Sawneeks!). It can check the veracity of one statement with Monkey. It has to be a sentence from a post from today going forward. There're a few ways I could have played this - like not saying anything and checking an unprompted sentence - but ultimately decided that transparency was the best option.

And so I propose a little exercise. I'll ask you all to make a post that only contains, without the quotation marks, the line;

"I'm aligned with mafia."

Why that and no "I'm aligned with town."? Because a "FALSE" result on that front still leaves us with the chance of a potential neutral. Some win conditions can make a neutral side with town, so I'd prefer to phrase it the other way around to be sure if someone is mafia aligned or not.

After, and only AFTER we have the 12 posts, we'll discuss/vote for who do we want to verify. Why? Because we can cast doubt on anyone who refuses to post that line before knowing if they'll be actually checked. Mafia will probably try to mess with the discussion too, but that gives us more information to look at later. I'd be extremely wary of anyone getting in the way of advancing with the exercise, for example.

Since the result will be shared through a PM I know this is ultimately an appeal to your trust on me. So yes, I'm putting all of my town points - as nin liked to say - on the line this time.

Before starting it would be nice to know if everyone is okay with this way of using the item or do you think things should be done differently.

Going out as I post this but I'll answer any questions as soon as possible. Which could be not too soon. Sorry.

So far, you have read as null to me. However, thtat is a bold plan. I'm all for it if it does indeed give us information.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
While we wait for the others to post, I'd like to reopen discussion. As inactivity in a mafia game really ticks me off.

So. lokiduck Z-Beat TheChuggernaut , and the others. What do you think of the developements so far. What are your reads?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you all for your cooperation! And yeah, keep discussing. The item isn't an excuse not to do so.

Now, the issue here is that Malus's claim came after days on inactivity by WSD which puts doubt into the whole thing. Then again, WSD was very inactive through the game so I really can't get a good read on him besides his null read on Zeke.

Sawneeks highlighted two posts from WSD that looked a bit suspicious. Let me dig those.

Something stinks and I can't put my finger on it

This isn't the first time you make this kind of statement. You obviously said you can't determine what that is, but could you elaborate on what's giving you those bad vibes?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Heya. At work atm so i dont have a ton of time to play rn.

So firstly bout malus's thing against exodus, im also in the camp of not really being able to buy it right now, it coming this late does seem suspect and iv been feeling good about exos side if things for the last couple days, even moreso eith how well he continues to hold up to scrutiny.
If yoy really want yo make this happen imma need more than just taking your word for it, your call on if you think reveal more is worth it tho.

As for rekis idea, this sounds like its gonna be like the blood testing scene in The Thing and im so down for this.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Is this power going to take a night to use?
If someone has protection power perhaps it's a good time to use it on Reki.

nin's death doesn't change the fact that WSD and Z-beat were on Chuggs. But I dunno who to trust anymore.
I thought sawneeks was safe since her death doesn't put suspicion on anyone, but I was wrong.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Since I also suspected WSD, and malus put a suspicious vote on exodus who I think is town, I will
Vote: malus

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope we pick the correct person and they end up scum because if they are town, that might get them NK'd.

Well, yes. But we'll probably choose one of the most suspicious players, so the chances they could be lunched were high anyways. And mafia could also do the opposite. Avoid that target so next phase you'd be all asking if I was just playing you.

The bigger caveat I had is that we could be wasting the item on a target a potential cop could have already checked. If that's the case, and this potential cop is reading this, please don't claim. Wasting a lie detector is way easier to swallow than a cop risking a NK.

VOTE: Stantastic

Okay, I'm gonna make this my day one vote.

I read some of Sawneeks and KetKat's reasonings and, though I disagree with them, there's a reason there.

I think Stan's vote is trying to solidify a train on weemad.
I agree with this too.

So keep an eye out for: Zeke, Z-Beat, LP, nin, and even weemad.
Reading it again I find the Stan vote a little odd? Devious agrees that Ket and I have some reason in our Wee vote but he disagrees with it. This implies he feels Wee is Town and that a Scum!Stan is trying to get a train going even more.

However, he then agrees with the statement from Ket that the people voting elsewhere are highly suspect too because it's possible that Scum just isn't worried about the lynch. He includes Wee in this group, the person he is apparently strongly sure is Town to the point that people voting against them are Scum.

don't line up m8

These are the posts I meant NeonBorealis. Keep in mind the WSD stuff is from D1.

Is this power going to take a night to use?
If someone has protection power perhaps it's a good time to use it on Reki.

As far as I know, no, it doesn't take a night. I'll ask just to be sure though.

I thought sawneeks was safe since her death doesn't put suspicion on anyone, but I was wrong.

I'll be looking over Sawneeks' stuff tomorrow. Unsure if she was killed because she was pointing in the right direction or because mafia wants us to think that she was actually doing so though.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Well, yes. But we'll probably choose one of the most suspicious players, so the chances they could be lunched were high anyways. And mafia could also do the opposite. Avoid that target so next phase you'd be all asking if I was just playing you.

The bigger caveat I had is that we could be wasting the item on a target a potential cop could have already checked. If that's the case, and this potential cop is reading this, please don't claim. Wasting a lie detector is way easier to swallow than a cop risking a NK.
Yeah i can agree there. Let's catch us some scum then! .\ , /.

While we wait for the others to post, I'd like to reopen discussion. As inactivity in a mafia game really ticks me off.

So. lokiduck Z-Beat TheChuggernaut , and the others. What do you think of the developements so far. What are your reads?
I think the exodus vs malus stuff is certainly interesting especially as finding out more about exodus can also help my theory on Z-Beat, since Z-Beat isn't helping me much there. (Seriously dude all i'm asking is for your opinion on other players, it doesn't have to be a massive reads list, just give me your gut opinion on the other players).

I like Reki's plan and I can't wait to see what the results are.

As for a currents reads list... I'm sorry but i just worked an 11 hour shift ^^; so I'll just give you a quick opinions on all the players, and actually do some more in def reading tomorrow when i'm able too.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, we can each put forward 2 names. Better chance to hit scum, even though one will likely be a false positive.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Says the game runner will verify the veracity of a statement. So whether a statement is true or not. It says nothing about verifying whether the poster is lying or not, despite the name.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going through the power list and something stood out to me. Reki, you said you got notified when you received your lie detector right?

Exo said he only got notified about the lightning rod, too. That means you get notified for all the items Neeks give you.

But Exo was protected and he didn't get notification about the vest? Does that mean it's another power?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, we can each put forward 2 names. Better chance to hit scum, even though one will likely be a false positive.

I know this could get us more information. But I'm unsure if it goes against the spirit of the item. And even less certain that it would be a good idea to try the limits.

But Exo was protected and he didn't get notification about the vest? Does that mean it's another power?

There's probably a protective role that exodus attracted with the lightning rod.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through the power list and something stood out to me. Reki, you said you got notified when you received your lie detector right?

Exo said he only got notified about the lightning rod, too. That means you get notified for all the items Neeks give you.

Considering I only got one item from Sawneeks that night I feel like I got the vest and just wasn't notified. She could hand out two items that night and I would have gotten both.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I only got one item from Sawneeks that night I feel like I got the vest and just wasn't notified. She could hand out two items that night and I would have gotten both.

That would still leave us with one unaccounted item N1 and another on N3, if she gave two per night.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Says the game runner will verify the veracity of a statement. So whether a statement is true or not. It says nothing about verifying whether the poster is lying or not, despite the name.
I know this could get us more information. But I'm unsure if it goes against the spirit of the item. And even less certain that it would be a good idea to try the limits.
I read this:
1 Lie detector (the player may ask the gamerunner to verify the veracity of one statement)
As:
Showrunner can verify that the person means what they say.
We need verification.

If Reki is right, then we gotta make sure Reki's safe tonight.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
That would still leave us with one unaccounted item N1 and another on N3, if she gave two per night.
We should keep the powers secret so scums waste their kill.

I don't want to full claim just yet, but my role heavily hints that the double vote is a scum power.
Seeing WSD was very easily influenced to vote, and he didn't post much.
I wish I could trust this statement.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Let's see...
Lean Town
-Chuggs: I've been town-reading him mostly, and still am. I could be always be wrong though.
-Ketkat: She has been helping with questions and scum-hunting for the most part. I'd like to hear her opinion on the other players though.
-Reki: Has been pretty helpful most of the game asking questions. Really now this lie detector thing turns out will really decide things.
-Queen Kong: Seems like a new townie to me, but could be playing all of us really good. Her correctly guessing nin's flavor was weird.
-Neon: I've mainly been town reading him and he has been helpful. Definitely showing his experience in playing mafia elsewhere though.
-Stan: He did help in catching Zeke in the end, and I'm feeling good about him for the most part though we'll see.

Null reading
-Exodus: has mostly come off as a weird townie but this whole exodus debate thing is interesting. I also think that either he and Z-Beat is scum.

Lean Scum
-B-Dubs: I'm still suspicious of him because of his interactions with Z-Beat.
-malus: I was suspicious of WSD, so now it's on malus to prove his innocence. This whole debate between him and exo might help with that.
- oreo: I'm still suspicious of him and wonder if he really is scum and just looked out not getting voted out day 2. Either way he was saved in a way by a townie (nin) so that's interesting.
-Z-Beat: I think he's scum yo, though I'm willing to hear him and others out.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and that's fine. We don't need to know what's handed out yet.
We should keep the powers secret so scums waste their kill.

You're right.

But being completely honest, I believe we're reaching the point at which a mass claim could help a lot to get a better understanding of the game state.

I don't want to push it because we haven't seen a cop/doctor flip yet, two of the roles that would be more likely at risk after that.

But I'm starting to believe there's no doctor this game.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
You're right.

But being completely honest, I believe we're reaching the point at which a mass claim could help a lot to get a better understanding of the game state.

I don't want to push it because we haven't seen a cop/doctor flip yet, two of the roles that would be more likely at risk after that.

But I'm starting to believe there's no doctor this game.
What would be your reason for thinking so or are you not wanting to say?

As for a mass claim, I would like to here what everyone else's opinion is first on the matter. You are right it might be dangerous to reveal the cop/doctor if there is one, but if everyone agrees then I'm willing to do it.